Good Places to Harvest Leathers

Name says it all
Tribecca
Legendary Scribe

Good Places to Harvest Leathers

Post by Tribecca »

I am looking for good places to harvest colored leathers. I have 4 different Leather Belts of Alteration, so I often need a specific type of colored leather. So far, I hunt the Hiryu and Lesser Hiryu near Mt. Sho Castle in Tokuno. Using a Master's Knife, I get 72 leathers per kill.

I would love to learn more places to get a high yield of colored leathers.
Eremite
Grandmaster Scribe

Re: Good Places to Harvest Leathers

Post by Eremite »

I tend to just head to Destard, preferably in Felucca. All mobs in Fel drop 2x Hides, so that's a big boost. :D

If you have a Gargoyle's Knife, I try to use that on Ancient Wyrms and Dragon corpses as it'll give you a random leather higher than Barbed(?).

Good chance of getting smacked by an elemental though - those ethereal ones will insta-kill you before you even see them appear.
Geriatric
Legendary Scribe

Post by Geriatric »

lzardman 14 spined
giant serpent 14 spined
wyvern drake 20 horned
dragon 20 barbed
shadow wyrm 20 barbed 2 shadow
ancient wyrm 40 barbed
giant ice serpent 1 polar
ice fields 2 frost
daemon 1 daemonic leather
all those values are doubled if your in felluca

so you probably want to use the charges of that leather belt on ancient wyrms cos you will end up with 80 leathers on each cut
but destard llvl 3 is the only place i know of where ancient wyrms spawn i havent gotten to the centre of hedge maze or the wind gardens yet
sarmatian
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by sarmatian »

There is always temptation to use "Gargoyle Knife" (mostly from Fire champ) to get random upgraded leather on the risk of Leather elemental ...
I just set up my yumi with double shot cast consecrate weapon and Enemy of One plus .. Confidence ...
for my character it is enough to survive surprise and run at distance and finish it with the bow.

skinning dragons at Destard with Garg Knife gives most of top 5-6 types of leather

Polar leather - that nice bag from Ice champ boss ...
Demon leather - plenty of demons in Blood Dungeon "ring" just not going to lat large chamber with that ugly ladies
arrow
Legendary Scribe

Post by arrow »

For leather i use a garg knife in fell cove - lots of dragons and the ancient wyrm there is on a decent timer. Plus its a short run from forget portal.
Always remember to pillage before you burn!-----------Unknown