New Player Boxes

Name says it all
Aryck
Grandmaster Scribe

New Player Boxes

Post by Aryck »

I thought I would suggest an idea I had to the staff. I know there are new player boxes you can drop items into but I think it would be awesome if you could buy boxes like this for your house, where you can manage them and only new players (and the owner) can remove stuff.

The reason being, a lot of times, when crafting, I could fill up a new player bin easily and this prevents others from being able to drop stuff in which may be better than the excess crafted goods I am donating.

What I have been doing is using a anyone box at my house and PMing people about it that need stuff, but inevitably it gets cleaned out, maybe by a new player, maybe not.

I don't care if a new player cleans it out, cuts it all up or smelts it for resources, more power to them, but I don't like the thought that maybe someone who isn't new is clearing it out to sell or for the resources themselves.

Anyhow, I think if we could have "New Player Boxes" for our house it would help us help new players :)
Shindaril
Grandmaster Scribe

Re: New Player Boxes

Post by Shindaril »

I like this idea, but I'm do have one concern about it. How would the new players actually find the chests from other player's houses when they barely know their way around the original cities? Maybe change the current donation room into a place where players with such a chest, could have a teleporter into their chests? Naturally, this would fight with the house gates area, but dropping it as an idea as I have no better one in my mind at the moment.

*EDIT* The reason why I didn't consider a house filled with player owned newbie chests is solely to make bin raider's life harder. Not that it would prevent bin raiding that the chests are scattered around, but at least it wouldn't be a one way stop, so supervising them would be easier to catch those bin raiders when they need to spend a lot more time doing it.
Aryck
Grandmaster Scribe

Re: New Player Boxes

Post by Aryck »

I would tell them as I do now with my current chests set to anyone.