"Transitioning to a Melee Fighter: Seeking Advice and Tips"

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Eazy E
Apprentice Scribe

"Transitioning to a Melee Fighter: Seeking Advice and Tips"

Post by Eazy E »

Hey everyone! I recently jumped back into our beloved game and found myself facing some puzzling questions related to my character. Right now, my hero is fighting with a level 43 bamboo bow and, unfortunately, almost no armor. I'd like to dive into the world of melee fighters with a two-handed weapon. My character's current stats are: 135-143-68. So, I have a few questions:

1. What do I need to do to become a melee fighter? What items should I collect and which weapon should I choose to effectively develop my hero? I remember that in the past, many players would gather items for casting without reagents.[/list]
2. Should I get myself some fluffy or toothy pets while playing as a melee fighter?[/list]
3. If I suddenly want to change my role and become a powerful mage, will I be able to do so?[/list]
4. What are the ways to restore health? I assume that the primary method is using bandages.[/list]
5. I remember that in the past, many players would gather items for casting without reagents. It's nice for all classes? [/list]

A huge thank you in advance for all your advice and help! I'm eagerly awaiting your responses!
Nickname - CCCP
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Re: "Transitioning to a Melee Fighter: Seeking Advice and Tips"

Post by Wil »

Eazy E wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:00 pm
1. What do I need to do to become a melee fighter?
220 dex. https://www.uoex.net/wiki/220_Dex_Guide
Eazy E wrote:
2. Should I get myself some fluffy or toothy pets while playing as a melee fighter?
At least until you have 220 dex, and maybe until you have a few relayers. Pets with 1000 str and 1000 HP will both hit and tank better than you possibly can until you get the boosts from 220 dex and relayers.

Eazy E wrote:
3. If I suddenly want to change my role and become a powerful mage, will I be able to do so?
This is UOEX. There are no powerful mages. You can play it that way for fun, but pets or dexxing is what's powerful.

Eazy E wrote:
4. What are the ways to restore health? I assume that the primary method is using bandages.
Bandages + 220 dex = instant heal. You can create a macro for "[bandself" so that you don't have to click and target to heal as well.
Eazy E wrote:
5. I remember that in the past, many players would gather items for casting without reagents. It's nice for all classes?
A 100% Lower Reagent Cost (LRC) suit, and yes, it works for all spells not just magery.
Eazy E
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Eazy E »

Wil wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:50 pm
This is UOEX. There are no powerful mages. You can play it that way for fun, but pets or dexxing is what's powerful.
Today I see a mage on a champion. She cast non-stop and it looked very cool)
Nickname - CCCP
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Eazy E wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:53 am
Are you sure it was a mage casting and not someone dexxing with a weapon that had multiple spell hits? If you're seeing a bunch of lightning strikes and fireballs without the character doing the casting movements, that's a weapon not a mage.
Eazy E
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Eazy E »

Wil wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:21 pm
Eazy E wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:53 am
Are you sure it was a mage casting and not someone dexxing with a weapon that had multiple spell hits? If you're seeing a bunch of lightning strikes and fireballs without the character doing the casting movements, that's a weapon not a mage.
She cast port or grav and kal vas flam. I think that's a mage. And another mage who used Corp Por very fast is an energy mage.
Nickname - CCCP
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Eazy E wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:10 am
She cast port or grav and kal vas flam. I think that's a mage. And another mage who used Corp Por very fast is an energy mage.
Yep, if you're seeing the spellcasting words, that's a mage.