Feb Auction 2023 - Items People Would Like To See

Name says it all
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Re: Feb Auction 2023 - Items People Would Like To See

Post by Johnny Warren »

+Colibri wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:40 pm
I'm following, hopefully I can add at least 1 or 2 new ones into the next auction.

Could be time for a new Ancient weapon, looking for ideas on what would make it useful, and new, and 100mil+. I remember John Warren once offered to give some input on this.
I saved the legendary halberd from being on the same tier as the ancient comp bow/warhammer. Your original version had 2 spells on it, but you wanted it priced at or below ancient yumi level.

I could give you the hits for a new ancient weapon to fit into any price range, the problem is that the new change hit X to Y deed has actually broken the paradigm on end game weapons. The ancient comp bow/warhammer is actually no longer the best base weapon in the game with these deeds in existence. Any old looted 5x58 is now (theoretically) better than the ancient weps. You just need to buy 3 - 5 X to Y deeds (at a cool 1.5billion gp) and you have a better weapon than any ancient weapon.

Due to thus I personally don't see the need for a new ancient weapon. I think you could/should just chuck in an ancient comp bow and yumi again. Haven't had the comp bow for a while.

If you really want a new ancient weapon let us know where you want it to fit (I.e. better than yumi but worse than comp bow, or better than everything so far) and I, or the community, can provide the stats.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

deleted post
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

first of all i know less about stats and weps than just about any 2 year vet on the server. even though i know very little i still think all these special wep deeds are a mistake maybe not worth the bump in donations to support the server. for as long as iv'e been in uoex (2014) i have heard players AND admins talk about relayers & insta heal having been a mistake that cant be corrected now without causing a crazy amount of player drama.
GreenBar
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by GreenBar »

MarkM wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:13 am
Unlimited Explosive/Freeze Arrow Stack!
There's an auction deed that gives 100% reduction of regular arrows and 50% reduction of special arrows. It was 100% for both, but then it generated special arrows when you recovered an arrow that you never actually used. Guessing the same issue would be created with an unlimited arrow stack.
MarkM wrote:
Unique Home Other Than Water/Star!
When was the last "mountain top" house?
GreenBar
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by GreenBar »

Muolke wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:13 pm
1. Weapon Type change deed that keep everything the same except the graphic of the weapon. So if you have a Dreadnought Sword you can use this and keep the damage and specials the same and change it to a Dagger for example. Would be cool to see people use things other than a Yumi.
+1 Always liked the spear and double bladed staff graphic. Too bad they aren't very good weapons in their natural form.
GreenBar
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by GreenBar »

Melkor wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:21 am
There are oodles of new graphics already in the game files, have been for years. Was supposed to be released with the new facets, then they got cancelled. Not sure what the plan for releasing them is now. It’s a heartbreaker knowing there are so many things just sitting in the game files not being used.
How about some of the mounts that were added for the new facet? There were a few that were offered (choice) at an auction many years ago. I think Baxster won the item but he's not around anymore. Also recall a turtle mount in the beta testing. There was once an edible turtle mount given as an event participation prize... that was then revealed to be temp as everyone's went *poof*. Nice graphic that wasn't used before and, I think, hasn't been used since.
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

GreenBar wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:05 pm
MarkM wrote:
Unlimited Explosive/Freeze Arrow Stack!
There's an auction deed that gives 100% reduction of regular arrows and 50% reduction of special arrows. It was 100% for both, but then it generated special arrows when you recovered an arrow that you never actually used. Guessing the same issue would be created with an unlimited arrow stack.
MarkM wrote:
Unique Home Other Than Water/Star!
When was the last "mountain top" house?
oh man those mountain top houses are so cool almost at private cave level cool hehe
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

GreenBar wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:08 pm
Muolke wrote:
1. Weapon Type change deed that keep everything the same except the graphic of the weapon. So if you have a Dreadnought Sword you can use this and keep the damage and specials the same and change it to a Dagger for example. Would be cool to see people use things other than a Yumi.
+1 Always liked the spear and double bladed staff graphic. Too bad they aren't very good weapons in their natural form.
Yeah, there were topic about this some time ago, could be very nice, but shield appearance look including,(if you dont want to lose stats for style) and in ed room for everyone.
But there comes one issue. Weapon specials changing deed than loses part of value.
culichi wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:45 pm
first of all i know less about stats and weps than just about any 2 year vet on the server. even though i know very little i still think all these special wep deeds are a mistake maybe not worth the bump in donations to support the server. for as long as iv'e been in uoex (2014) i have heard players AND admins talk about relayers & insta heal having been a mistake that cant be corrected now without causing a crazy amount of player drama.
About drama, if that happends, than first job is changing ex wiki info about instant healing. Anyway, if i understand correctly what + said, than there must be point at which it will reach instantiness anyway (if benefit from dex will keep coming), just not at 220 bug point, would be cool if you could also gain some hitting speed, bit higher than 1.25. Someone closer with these numbers could also make calculations in this case, at which point it must reach, lets say 0.1 - 0.5 sec per bandage. Or highest you should get, with all items having +8 dex.
GreenBar
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by GreenBar »

Many of the new ideas would be great! What I'd like to see is a better rotation among the past items. Seems like when an item is offered now, it's offered several times in a row and then forgotten. Some old items that were once annually on the auction block haven't been seen for some time. Back in 2021 I started creating a spreadsheet of the auction items and their past frequencies. (Easy to do with the recently added auction stone history feature.) It listed 60+ items just in gear and weapons. Add in some of the recent additions like perches and unlimited use instruments along with new ideas and both the small and grand auctions would really be events to look forward to. The grand auction would easily max out the pedestals in the auction system and we'd need to setup an NPC janitor to mop up all the drool during preview. (Subtle hint for a "drool mop" or "puddle of drool" gift stone next auction +C :D "I attended the XX Grand Auction and all I could do is stand and drool at everything." :lool: )
MarkM
Expert Scribe

Post by MarkM »

Im all for these Ethy mounts that havent been introduced yet.. Turtle or whatever if there just sitting collecting dust why not introduce a new mount each grand auction +C? If you have more than 1 if you introduce 1 per grand and rotate to where only ounce a year.. help with gold pull id think?
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Cerrera wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:39 pm
GreenBar wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:08 pm
Muolke wrote:
Yeah, there were topic about this some time ago, could be very nice, but shield appearance look including,(if you dont want to lose stats for style) and in ed room for everyone.
But there comes one issue. Weapon specials changing deed than loses part of value.
I fail to see how this affects the change wep specials at all. The whole idea of what muolke is suggesting is just to change the appearance of a weapon. You would still need to do all the things to make it be awesome, including changing it to the highest base dmg weapon (DLS for melee and elven comp bow for ranged) then buy your change specials deed, unless you used Double Axe for your DLS base. What Muolke, and I, are saying is instead of all the top end game weapons being elven comp bows and DLSs you could appearance change the weapon to something to fit your style, like a spear or crossbow, NOTHING else changes but the look. Therefore you still need to get the Max base dmg wep first, and the change specials deed to get the right specials, but then you can make it look like whatever you want. Change wep specials will remain hyper valuable.

I do agree that a change weapon appearance deed should actually just be an ED room item for 600ed or so, I think it's 200ed for the normal item appearance change deed. Since it's purely cosmetic it won't imbalance things and will sink more ed, as well as making it so 9/10 banksitters aren't rocking yumis. For auctions, a unique graphic for the weapon appearance change should exist, just like the 3 shield variants, but for weapons. I would advocate for the sword that Benedict wields as an an auction appearance change.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

qbf wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:06 pm

I fail to see how this affects the change wep specials at all.
My direction of thought were in fact that you can easily take weapon what you need, turn look in what you want. Guessing that many people were willing specials change deed just cause of (cosmetic) . anyway there is still many great weapons which would be even better with specials changed and value of that deed will be very high anyway, that's why saying it will lose part of that (cosmetic part of its value). After your post thought, maybe i was bit hurrying with saying this, cause 'hi end' hunters will desperately need it anyway.

Don't misunderstand me, am with both hands about adding such appearance change deed

Talking about unbalancing and bank sitting, guessing that person can be as much op as he wants, while he sit in tc ,and don't go in world to, as Tripp says 'get r done'
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Cerrera wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:15 am

My direction of thought were in fact that you can easily take weapon what you need, turn look in what you want. Guessing that many people were willing specials change deed just cause of (cosmetic) . anyway there is still many great weapons which would be even better with specials changed and value of that deed will be very high anyway, that's why saying it will lose part of that (cosmetic part of its value). After your post thought, maybe i was bit hurrying with saying this, cause 'hi end' hunters will desperately need it anyway.

Don't misunderstand me, am with both hands about adding such appearance change deed

Talking about unbalancing and bank sitting, guessing that person can be as much op as he wants, while he sit in tc ,and don't go in world to, as Tripp says 'get r done'
Am I the only one that is struggling to make any sense of this?

As JW said, the weapon specials change deed has nothing to do with this. Its value would not be impacted at all by this.

This deed would simply allow players to wield a dagger and do the same damage as another weapons with a higher base damage. That’s it. No more. No less.
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

Muolke wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:58 am

Am I the only one that is struggling to make any sense of this?
Just explained what i thought, not necessary to stretch this talk out.
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Haven't seen a Diablo Mount in a while...
JOHNNY WARREN!