UOEX Player of the year?

Name says it all
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Re: UOEX Player of the year?

Post by culichi »

qbf wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:31 am
I want to make it clear that I do not think Praise is an undeserving winner.

Just pointing out that handing out insane rewards for this type of contest is not the correct way to go.
sorry johnny i guess it kinda sounded like i was defending praise from you but that was my bad writing i know you have made it very clear you feel praise deserves the win.
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

+Colibri wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:38 pm

Thanks for writing about your point of view qbf/JohnWarren,
:lool: I don't think you've ever referred to me as qbf before.

I made this forum account way before I thought UOEX would be my UO home for the next 13 years. I would actually like to change my account name, but I do not believe such a thing is possible. :lool:
JOHNNY WARREN!
fingers
Legendary Scribe

Post by fingers »

Account #56 here. Account age is 5317 days and 5 hours ay this time. I created the guild LMC, which meant Little Monster Clan. It warms my heart when I log on and see members still sporting this guild name. I chose it for the fact that my two daughters, Maude And Sarah, were the first members of my guild and they were truly little monsters IRL :-). I used to love this shard a lot! To a point that I founded an other guild named "The heart of Exelsior". We got 30+ members at one time. I believe at least a hundred new players went trough my castle and got fully equiped to go out and have fun on this shard that I loved so much. Unfortunatly for me, I have always been critic of the "pay to play" model and did voice my opinion quite a bit. I served jail time for doing so. I personally would have donated at least 20$ per month if the rewards were truly aesthetic as opposed to this model that +C chose to adopt, which is to make it mandatory to use EDs if you wish to aquire items such as relayers, additional followers and the billions needed to be relevant at auctions. I was knowned as Fingers on Atlantic production shard and had upwards of 2000 murders before joining UOEX. My knowledge of the UO software made it easy for me to gather the gold that allowed me to get several items that only Eds could get me. If +C is honest, (he once pulled me at his house and told me that I was a troll for talking out loud), he will confirm that I am the reason for the cooldown for the Inquisition quest (3 days for each gem) and several nerfs on this shard. I still love this shard. I will never ever create or join a guild in the actual circumstances. I truly beleive that this shard could have thousands of players if it did not make it mandatory to "donate" to have a top tier account. Unfortunatly, I will ever be thought about for being "player of the year". Unless I am banned for speaking out, I will play until I get the 15 years reward "etheral storm drake. Have a good life and see you in game.
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

Hm its not mandatory for individual himself, just a much more slower. Someone else can provide financial energy from 'reality dimension' to keep shard's bill paid, and you just buy eds from him, while he get he's dopamine injection from spending your worked out gold in auction.
Yeah many people can lose patience, i was one of those, many years ago, that acc poofed and now am back (shows red shining eye). Think it took about 1-1,5 years for me to get first one, also partially cause of getting lucky by winning omni book, which provided good boost, and nice people helping with stuff and info, perhaps could take 2, years without. So had one or two relayers before made first donation. I don't know how it is for anyone else, but my pain in that time were losing patience/sense of progression, which can come in that time span of ed farming between normal and relayer setup. Of course after each relayer, next one comes faster. And you get that feeling back.
Anyway think people should understand that game's is made to create involvement's , obstructions, which they must overcome, and feel good about that. So everything shouldn't be easy, and patience is good ally, if person want's to do everything in way without shortcut's.
Also reaching so called endgame, in super short time is simply unnatural, and can make person get bored even faster.
Osgaron
Passer by

Post by Osgaron »

I couldn't make the player of the year award ceremony. What were the prizes? Were top3 players selected?
Congrats to the winners!
Zanzi
Elder Scribe

Post by Zanzi »

If there was an award ceremony, I missed it as well. My guess is +C has not done it yet.
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

There was a ceremony. Praise first, MrsChicken second and Zalia third. +C said he would post screen shots at the end of the ceremony. Praise got a named item: The Key to the Realm. They also got to select from 4 unique mounts (never even auctioned before - likely worth in the hundreds of millions of gold) and a rune for Fel, not sure how the rune works, it had some usage limit on it. Probably the most insanely good prize ever handed out for a contest on uoex.

Only Praise gets to keep her ethy, the other 2 go poof in a year. Praise did select the only ethy that has already been given out, it's the one Nicolai Tesla rides, the other 3 ethy's, I have never seen anyone on before.

Side note: I would love one day for those ethy's to rotate through auctions instead of this repetitive cycle of panda, skelly drag, demon, panda, skelly drag, demon, panda, skelly drag, demon, panda, skelly drag, demon....
JOHNNY WARREN!
Zanzi
Elder Scribe

Post by Zanzi »

I think it was really cool that 2nd and 3rd person get a prize as well. too bad those were not account bound.

Also noticed I rank 75th on the shard......with 0 votes...yay!!! I thought for sure +C would have voted for me for suggesting the idea :D :D :D
Osgaron
Passer by

Post by Osgaron »

qbf wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:51 pm
There was a ceremony. Praise first, MrsChicken second and Zalia third. +C said he would post screen shots at the end of the ceremony. Praise got a named item: The Key to the Realm. They also got to select from 4 unique mounts (never even auctioned before - likely worth in the hundreds of millions of gold) and a rune for Fel, not sure how the rune works, it had some usage limit on it. Probably the most insanely good prize ever handed out for a contest on uoex.

Only Praise gets to keep her ethy, the other 2 go poof in a year. Praise did select the only ethy that has already been given out, it's the one Nicolai Tesla rides, the other 3 ethy's, I have never seen anyone on before.

Side note: I would love one day for those ethy's to rotate through auctions instead of this repetitive cycle of panda, skelly drag, demon, panda, skelly drag, demon, panda, skelly drag, demon, panda, skelly drag, demon....
Wow! Seriously cool prizes
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

qbf wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:51 pm

that special mount deed actually has been sold at auction but it must have been back in 2016 when baxster won the deed and used it to make the bug mount. pretty sure that bug mount is from wow a very rare one per realm mount.
that wolf mount is awesome and second only to the panda.