Grand Auction

Name says it all
Zanzi
Elder Scribe

Re: Grand Auction

Post by Zanzi »

We have instruments with "infinite" uses, deed that make you don't need arrows, how about infinite bandage stack?
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Zanzi wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:32 am
We have instruments with "infinite" uses, deed that make you don't need arrows, how about infinite bandage stack?
I like this one! I would love to pay millions and millions of gold to avoid the inconvenience of spending 30 seconds to restock bandages every month or so....

Also I would like to update my suggestion for a new item: Item appearance change deed for sword or cloak slot to make them look like the Halloween boss Benedict's sword and cloak (unique looking graphics). The cloak in particular looks sick. Or in this vein, same idea, but use the karate belt as a target table item to appearance change your belt slot. We do this often for shields, and have seen the bee keepers hat as well...
JOHNNY WARREN!
gilga
Apprentice Scribe

Post by gilga »

A deed for a deco item like a large bulk order deed, where you add stacks of resorces ie 60k iron ingots and get a large pile of iron ingots deco item
add 3 x 60k iron and get a bigger pile and so on. this could work for any resource logs ore leather maybe even gold.

a working forge that is scalable like some auction carpets

a taxidermy kit that would give you a stuffed mob (works on any mob)

markable rune for felucia possibly in the form of a portkey (harry potter) so it has to be locked down in a house to limit its use or maybe
only usable once per hour/day

bring back tokens as auction currency
Zanzi
Elder Scribe

Post by Zanzi »

I don't understand why people have to speak so negatively of others wanting certain item in auction. Some people could say the same about any of us that buy deco items or bracelet of sha'am or anything. Be kind is not hard.

On that note, maybe add a relayer reset deed. Allow us to correct mistakes on relayers?
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Zanzi wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:27 am
I don't understand why people have to speak so negatively of others wanting certain item in auction. Some people could say the same about any of us that buy deco items or bracelet of sha'am or anything. Be kind is not hard.
I have no idea who you're referring to, everyone seems to be fairly tolerant on this thread, so I'll assume it's my reply to your bandage idea. There was zero sarcasm in that post. You would have to outbid me for the infinite bandages. I liked the idea. As I stated in my post when I said "i like this one". There's a reason the little quality of life items always end up going for lots of gold, and I would anticipate the bandages would too.

Maybe instead of assuming the worst in everyone, just be tolerant and kind, it's not hard.
JOHNNY WARREN!
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

qbf wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:26 pm
Zanzi wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:32 am
I like this one! I would love to pay millions and millions of gold to avoid the inconvenience of spending 30 seconds to restock bandages every month or so....

Also I would like to update my suggestion for a new item: Item appearance change deed for sword or cloak slot to make them look like the Halloween boss Benedict's sword and cloak (unique looking graphics). The cloak in particular looks sick. Or in this vein, same idea, but use the karate belt as a target table item to appearance change your belt slot. We do this often for shields, and have seen the bee keepers hat as well...
the second time you do a belt quest you get a blank belt with no stats on it and it can be used to appearance change or relayer. dunno if you have to do all the belt quests first or if you can just do any of them twice whenever.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

culichi wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:35 pm
the second time you do a belt quest you get a blank belt with no stats on it and it can be used to appearance change or relayer. dunno if you have to do all the belt quests first or if you can just do any of them twice whenever.
I tried to use one of the "replica" karate belts from a repeated quest as a relayer sample and it -did not- work.
Zanzi
Elder Scribe

Post by Zanzi »

[/quote]

I have no idea who you're referring to, everyone seems to be fairly tolerant on this thread, so I'll assume it's my reply to your bandage idea. There was zero sarcasm in that post. You would have to outbid me for the infinite bandages. I liked the idea. As I stated in my post when I said "i like this one". There's a reason the little quality of life items always end up going for lots of gold, and I would anticipate the bandages would too.

Maybe instead of assuming the worst in everyone, just be tolerant and kind, it's not hard.
[/quote]

No disagreement with you in NOT assuming the worse in everyone. That was my bad. I should have been better. It is still sad that it has to be one way. It is me that did not assume the best in people. It has nothing to do with any statements any made.
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

How about infinite gold pile, which you buy for gold :D :P just trying to be witty :mrgreen:
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Cerrera wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:48 pm
How about infinite gold pile, which you buy for gold
How about a "golden goose." It slowly fills with gold coins (random, centered around 10k per day) but only when it's out in the world. It doesn't collect coins while and for 24 hours after being stabled/shrunk and it takes 5 pet slots. You can make it drop it's current coins with the "drop" command.
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Hey +C, I just saw the announcement regarding winter quests. Is there any plan to host an Xmas auction? It would be awesome to have the date set a few weeks in advance...
JOHNNY WARREN!
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

He mentioned this in world chat yesterday. No time/date announced yet to my knowledge

4.12. 01:41 +Colibri: yes, auction is planned for next weekend
TDC Guild
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

Melkor wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:05 am
He mentioned this in world chat yesterday. No time/date announced yet to my knowledge

4.12. 01:42 +colibri: and there will be cake & ice cream
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

culichi wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:32 pm
Melkor wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:05 am

4.12. 01:42 +colibri: and there will be cake & ice cream
And no bottle with milk of seal ,with not reduced fat percentage ?:(
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Keep these ideas coming :)
I wanted to add some more, but for this auction we're getting a return in alternative currencies (tokens & elven notes), as well as the +10 to single-target hit deed.
I thought I'd be able to code an infinite bandage, but maybe that's for the next one.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)