3rd Relayer

Name says it all
Isedorf
Passer by

3rd Relayer

Post by Isedorf »

Hello fine citizens of excelsior!

My question today is: What is the preferred 3rd relayer slot.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like this:

1: Shirt Layer
2: Kilt Layer
3: ????
4: ????
5: ????

Thank you!
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Re: 3rd Relayer

Post by Muolke »

I'd go with...

3. Gloves
4. Boots
5. Neck
ButteryBiscuits
Elder Scribe

Post by ButteryBiscuits »

It really depends on what the stats are of the pieces you are replacing. Without a plan, you may have a nice relayer for a certain slot that will work in the end set but your resists or dexterity or LRC are shot in the short term which makes it useless until you get the next relayer ready and have to put on at the same time.

That being said, there are several slots that have excellent end game pieces that most people use instead of relayers: Cloak of Mist from Mistvale or equivalent from Winter Quest, Black Belt from Karate Quest, Jewel of Winter Necklace from Winter Quest, Black Belt from Karate Quest, Gleam Aura Leggings from S'Gail, Spirit of the Totem from Doom and/or Werewolf Hide from Halloween Quest for Head.

Once you look at the stats on those pieces, some are very obviously better than the best you can get in a relayer- especially the Jewel of Winter - that is a waste of ED to put a relayer in the neck slot. But that is only my opinion.
On the other hand, its just time and ED to make relayers and there will always be things you look at and say "I wish I had done this differently." So you do. Nothing is irreversible and it is, after all, just a game =)
BB
---------------------------
ButteryBiscuits
in game name ButteryBiscuits
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mermaid_of_Warsaw
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

Buttery also told, depends on what you have.. i got mw stuff, so as regretting to wear kilt for a while, if remember correct relayered arms or gloves as second
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Muolke wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:30 am
3. Gloves
4. Boots
5. Neck
Muolke's relayer advice is usually very good but here I disagree. You're still completing 100% LRC from relayers on your first 5 and you want to have it in conjunction with crafting gear. You don't want any of the first five relayers to overlap with crafting gear.

Also, because of the warp/weft shirt you should flip kilt and shirt for the first two slots. Make the kilt first. The warp/weft shirt didn't exist when the recommendation to do the shirt first was made.
MagicUser
Elder Scribe

Post by MagicUser »

Like said above, make a plan. Make replacements that will give you the most bang for your buck.

I'd point you to this for relayer planning if you haven't already started something. Might help.
Relayer Planning with Paroxysmus

Once I had my base gear all ready, I relayered in the following order:
  1. Shirt
  2. Kilt
  3. Earrings
  4. Bracelet
  5. Hat (Just kept the SoT)
  6. Robe
  7. Gloves
  8. Sash
  9. Ring
  10. Arms
  11. Shield
  12. Collar (JoW)
  13. Chest
  14. Pants
  15. Shoes
  16. Belt (Black Belt)
  17. Cloak (Cloak of Mist)
The items with parenthesis afterwards, just kept other items as there was not much point replacing them. I would also note that a slightly better order did exist for my setup (I had to relayer my gloves and arms together to not lose resists).
Respectfully,
Paroxysmus ILV Master Spellcaster
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

id go with legs just because there really arnt any good leg options at all once the mistvale legs expire aside from the sgail quest legs.