Pine needles bugged ?

assamiti
Novice Scribe

Pine needles bugged ?

Post by assamiti »

hi
was told pine needles are for when you go in a trip in irl to save your bees they give you a week of time but i tried and its just one day..... for 3k 1 day where thay dont even produce i think is not intended especially thinking i got to go on vacation this summer how expensive and how many clicks to give me a month of vacation a need can it bee ^^ fixt or if is intended like that can you create the super pine so i dont need to click 672 times on my bees to put them on hold and if i put potion and then needels it uses the potion but stays hibernate not producing btw I really would like to keep my bees alive the UO beekeeping made me to a IRL course of beekeeping so I got attached XD

thx for the help
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Re: Pine needles bugged ?

Post by Wil »

It's per day. Don't know who said per week but they misinformed you.

As you observed, pine needles are priced at around half a million gold per week to hibernate the bees. That's a little less than you'd earn from them if they weren't hibernating, so one week of tending the hives pays for one week of not doing so.

If you need to be gone for more than a week, it's way cheaper to let them die and restart them afterwards. You lose the age but unless they've been going for thousands of days it's not anything special.

Bees also take some time to completely die out so if you're only gone for a couple of days, just don't worry about it; spend some extra potions when you get back.
assamiti
Novice Scribe

Post by assamiti »

i dont understand your answer so i said a month+ of vacation and that is the 672 click did just read the title of the post ??

if u hibernate a hive it does not produce so comparing it to how much it gives u is illogical what is the point it does not produce, the only point of hibernating is to keep the days going it is the only reason it takes less then a week to fully grow a hive, so money wise the price is illogic but is not that the problem, i said that the problem is the number of clicks i got to do to hibernate for a month is ridicules it would be very easy to make a week pine needle or something since just giving a day of hibernation is useless they dont die in a day but they die in a week and yes my bees are old or i would not care of it but in a couple of days im leaving dont think i want to spend all that time clicking the hives to give them each one a month and 7 days of hibernation

i was hoping for i solution not what ever your answer was probably my bees will die since this idea of pines that are useless u just need them if u have to reset the time the hibernation is just useless and unfriendly logic
ButteryBiscuits
Elder Scribe

Post by ButteryBiscuits »

I'm sorry but it sounds like you missed the point of his post...
the pine needles are not bugged. they are designed to do one day per needle per hive.
If you are going on 5 weeks vacation you need to weigh the cost in gold and time clicking each hive to determine if it is worth it to hibernate or just restart when you get back. Goldwise it is better to just restart them when you get back. If it means enough to have the x thousand days label on your hives then the clicks and gold is just what has to be done to keep them alive.

All that being said, you can also have a friend/guildmate put the potions on for you. They won't produce anything and you will put a big commitment on your friend to do that every day for 5 weeks, but it is another option.

Have fun on your vacation! 8)
BB
---------------------------
ButteryBiscuits
in game name ButteryBiscuits
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mermaid_of_Warsaw
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

assamiti wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:15 am
i dont understand your answer so i said a month+ of vacation and that is the 672 click did just read the title of the post ??
That's about 1/8th of the number of clicks you would do to tend the hives over the same month. And you don't even need a complicated script, you can macro it -- double click needles, double click hive, repeat for count, then change the hive target to the next one. I don't follow why you believe the number of clicks to be unreasonable? We're playing the same game, right? Large numbers of repetitive clicks are kinda a thing.

assamiti wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:15 am
if u hibernate a hive it does not produce so comparing it to how much it gives u is illogical what is the point it does not produce,
The hives will not produce while hibernated when you're on vacation. In addition, it will cost you about one month's profits from the hives to hibernate them for that month on vacation. Is that clearer?

Regards,
Wil