If a new player is attacking an ancient wyrm, they may not want be able to square up toe to toe with it. A common tactic, would be to run up, do as much damage as possible and then run away.
What happens when they are out of range? If you can't see the player, but can see the mob.. that's pretty much always fair game. Not in this case though.
I was discussing potential solution with someone (well they came up with mostly them). I was wondering what y'alls thoughts are out there on the ether were.
Recall delay, it takes longer before you can recall.
- Pros: More reaction time for manual players.
- Cons: Harder to get away once you know a player is there.
Flag, marking an area as your own.
- Pros: Easy to see when another player is staking claim.
- Cons: Easy to abuse.
Corpse like time limit after hitting, but with distance restriction as well.
- Pros: Easy to detect when a mob is already claimed.
Running players have time to come back and hit it, but can't just hang around.
Teleporting players can't claim everything.
- Cons: What happens in an informal party setting?