Relayer Planning with Paroxysmus

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
MagicUser
Elder Scribe

Relayer Planning with Paroxysmus

Post by MagicUser »

There was some talk in chat about planning relayers. I thought I might share mine to help anyone working on that, or perhaps enhance anyone who already has done planning. There are some cool features that I've added, because I thought they'd be nice to have. I won't promise that it is fool proof, normally I'd lock cells that shouldn't be edited, but that restricts things if you want to improve it for yourself. In that case I'll just leave it unlocked. There are some general cell notes so you know what should go in most of the cells.

Shout out to Syrenka for testing my various iterations.

Explanation:
Syrenka had the idea that you never just have one suite and done. Since that is the case, wouldn't it be better to have stages? An easily copied tab or set of tabs which leads to the next one? Using this as the basis, I made it so that you have your previous armor first, then your current (smart, don't touch), and then your next set.

Features:
  • Live progress (drop down for equip question)
  • Base, expected section (for each item)
  • Base damage calculator
  • Simple weapon categorizer (beg/mid/vet)
  • weapon type categorizer (melee, mob, bow)
  • Weapon hit tier list (personal opinion)
  • Skills input (for base damage calculation)
  • total, cap, and overcap section
  • Easy equip order (if you know how to sort based on number)
  • Armor type categorizer (item, resist relayer, and relayer)
  • Player stats input (instant accurate current stat readings no more trying to guess)
  • Abbreviation expansion (e.g. LMC - Lower Mana Cost)
  • +10 level deed option (none (0), crafted (297-327), and looted (495-545))
  • Item name for easy track down
  • Tab spread for easy viewing (no need to scroll all over to find sections)
Some Tips:
Left side and top are locked, so use that to help see what field your editing. I ussually do item by item and list all the base attributes for normal items and then copy paste into the bottom (for next piece). For relayers you don't always know what the base was, so you can either estimate it or do the same as you did before (since your not planning it anymore it doesn't really matter). You can see the "Previous Suit", "Current Suit", and "Next Suit" Those are the template. The Suite 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, and 3.0 are my personal. You can use them for reference if you like.

Red text is calling attention to a place that you need to fill out (outside of the expected areas).

Previous Suit sections:
  • Base (number)
  • Character stats (Str, Dex, Int; number)
Next Suit sections:
  • Base (number)
  • Relayer (number)
  • Character stats (Str, Dex, Int; number)
  • Equipped (drop down)
  • Total points (drop down)
Weapon:
  • Base Weapon (number)
  • Weapon (number)
  • One handed (drop down)
  • Finished (drop down)
  • Axe (drop down)
  • Exceptionally crafted (drop down)
  • Min damage (listed on wep; number)
  • Max damage (listed on wep; number)
Damage Calculator:
  • Skills (Tactics, Anatomy, and Lumberjacking; number)
  • Want auto (use listed weapon damage, usefull for if you want to compare different options like exceptional, axe, or one handed with custom weapon type; drop down)
  • Low, high (if you don't want auto; number)
Sorry for the long one, but I thought it'd be better to put too much than not enough and confuse people.
Name's Paro in game, feel free to pm me if you are having issues. I may or may not be busy. Also feel free to edit it to your hearts content, I may not know what's going on if you deviate too much though. Always open for suggestions for additions as well.
Attachments
Relayerplan4.3.zip
Paro's current plan
(176.5 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
Respectfully,
Paroxysmus ILV Master Spellcaster
Zanzi
Elder Scribe

Re: Relayer Planning with Paroxysmus

Post by Zanzi »

Just save a copy of spreadsheet and glance through it. Looks like you did a lot of work on this.
ButteryBiscuits
Elder Scribe

Post by ButteryBiscuits »

All hail the great Paroxysmus!

Speaking as someone who has gotten access to the many iterations of this spreadsheet, this is so nice for planning out endgame suit as well as having a great count of what your stats are currently.

That being said, open in Excel or OnlyOffice (free opensource for word/excel/database substitute). DO NOT open in LibreOffice (another opensource that can open word/excel/etc) as it does not have the functionality of the drop down option boxes.

Two thumbs up for making this available to the forum Pary!!

ButteryBiscuits
aka Syrenka the War Mermaid
BB
---------------------------
ButteryBiscuits
in game name ButteryBiscuits
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mermaid_of_Warsaw
Matrix
Legendary Scribe

Post by Matrix »

Thank you man, but excell gives unreadable cell error and restore attempt failed (untrusted source).
Please reply to me:
in-game: [pm Matrix
discord id: Matrixre
(Only checking the forums monthly)
(All prices can be change, ED to Gold to ED)
ButteryBiscuits
Elder Scribe

Post by ButteryBiscuits »

Matriz- works for me. do you have a setting to not open with macros? some excel files have executable macros and i think there is a default setting somewhere to not allow any macro type settings
BB
---------------------------
ButteryBiscuits
in game name ButteryBiscuits
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mermaid_of_Warsaw
MagicUser
Elder Scribe

Post by MagicUser »

Matrix wrote:Thank you man, but excell gives unreadable cell error and restore attempt failed (untrusted source).
That's interesting, I've gotten a message in game about recommendations for where to start implying that it opened fine for them? Perhaps you have some sort of block for downloaded excel files? I know that I often have to confirm that I want to trust an excel/word file after downloading. It is supposedly possible to embed executables in an excel, so you may have a setting set somewhere?

I am open to other posting methods. The only method I know for .xlsx's is to zip them and make sure they're unlocked.
Respectfully,
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

Idk, i haven't really planned it, just filled things i lack for max. Only really thing (just my opinion) what u must really consider, is that some items which u will change to relayers as last ones has some stats overmaxed, for example 30lrc etc... so must prepare for their change earlier. With planned parts of setup, (certain amount of numbers on each part) you are risking that u can drop below max on some usual gear part, cause you wouldn't be able to find item with such high amount of certain stat to keep it maxed, before relayering another part. Good thing is that u can max yourself much faster with planned parts, but u need them all and u have more free slots to fill them with some sop's or whatever u want. So, i would say, planning is for second set of relayers, but maybe its (JUST MY LAZINESS) talking now. :D
MagicUser
Elder Scribe

Post by MagicUser »

Update - Base Damage Correction.

I also made my next relayer plan since my previous plan was completed. Probably take 30+ years to complete, but hey... nice to have goals. To those of you using previous versions, just copy paste the values into the new one and it'll be good to go.
Attachments
Relayerplan4.4.zip
(217.72 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
Respectfully,