EXCELSIOR DAILY

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Colibri
Administrator

EXCELSIOR DAILY

Post by +Colibri »

This is where small additions and changes to the shard will be posted. Not necessarily on a daily basis, but whenever something needs to be announced but it's not a big announcement enough to deserve it's own thread. The announcements we usually say in public chat and put on the town crier, but sometimes they get forgotten or overlooked to easily.

+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

- New Staff member on board, +Osiris welcome to the team

- The item bless deed was added to the gold vendor stone for 750k gold.

- I'd like to remind you that at the end of September we'll be having a Council Elder election, if you wish to run for a council elder you first need to become a member, for more information contact an existing council member.

- Reached #4 on gamesites200.com for a few hours, right not we slipped to #5

- We started giving special bows to people that have just started playing on the shard. If you are a new player and haven't gotten that bow yet, or you know someone, just ask for a staff member in chat or post a support ticket and we'll bring it to you.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Re: EXCELSIOR DAILY

Post by +Colibri »

Just a quick reminder. Due to the large volume of milestone rewards we have to give out lately, it may take a few days before it's all complete. Only the admins can do this so it will take longer and longer as the milestones get bigger and bigger. So don't worry, it will get there. We have a detailed list of who needs to get them and we are very focused when giving it out, taking pauses every 5-10 players so we don't get too tired and forget about anyone.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

- There will be a mini auction Sunday September 14th 2008, at 9PM shard time (3PM EST, Noon PST). I will probably run it unless if one of our GMs voluteers.

- Our website is now advertised on Google Ads :) I just saw one of the ads on the top200 website, so i just wanted to tell you all - if you see it, *do not click on it* :D Not that we can't afford a few clicks, but why pay for something you already know very well.

- Also would like to remind all players and guilds out there about our player services, available at http://www.uoex.net/codex/services

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

- Sooner or later, I'll change the system so that co-owners of the house will be able to add friends of the house, and maybe even customize the house, put addons, remove addons... Just a heads up that if you have anyone on your co-owners list that you don't want to have such access, you should remove them from the list as soon as possible. But from what I know, here on our shard there's mostly good people and I doubt there will be any problems because of that.

- The deco tool prices will be revised a little bit. Most of the things will be cheaper (land tiles, flowers). The reason i'm telling you this is because the values of each tile is set in the system, not the tile itself. If you buy something that costs 60k right now, and then sell it after we change the price to 10k - when you destroy that tile, you will only get 10K back.
The system will also give you 10% less of the tile's worth if you have been using it over 1 week.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Osiris
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Osiris »

Colibri does the house thing also cover Co-Owners being able too add vendors too,I take it yea? I've had a few people ask about it that's all.
Last edited by +Osiris on Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

I'm thinking that... well the only things that would be accessible to the owner only, would be demolishing the house and trading it. I'm actually not so sure about whether co-owners could customize the house - if you are a co-owner of someone's house you can simply take all the walls down and the money will be put in your bank. Hmm unless if i change it so that it takes/gives from/to the owner's bank, not the customizer's bank...

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

There will be mini auction, ran by +Osiris, Saturday Sept 20th, at 10PM shard time (4PM EST, 1PM PST).

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

IMPORTANT!

1. We have upgraded the skill essences, they are now stackable. A lot of the old ones were upgraded automatically, but if you still have any old ones laying around, you should convert them now. Go to the town center and drop them into the skill essence converter chest.
2. Silver will no longer be used as elven money - instead, we made Elven Notes. There was no automatic upgrade so all players should drop them into the silver converter at the town center.

You must convert both of the above listed items BY THE END OF OCTOBER. At that time, we will remove both the old essences and silver coins.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

I'd just like to refresh your memory about dual-clienting aka multi-clienting. In short, it's not allowed. If you are 1 person, you can have 1 account. If there is more than 1 person in your household that plays on our shard, only that one person can log on tho the account he/she owns, the others also may log on to their accounts only.

We have spotted a few violations of this rule and we will be more strict about it from now on.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Mini auction Sunday 10PM shard time (4PM EST, 1PM PST), held by +Rayne.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

There's a new rule about training your pets in the public training room. Due to the many loud animals left there for hours so often, we've decided that:

You may not leave your pets unattended in the public training room. You need to be with the pet or pets at all times. If you forget them there once or twice, we will return the pets to you and remind you of the rule. If it continues, we might delete them.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

We now have guild houses available! Simply go to the World teleporter -> Custom -> Apartments, then head through one of the tiles on the south side. We may add more as time goes by.

They are costly, but I suppose if a whole guild rents the place, it's very affordable. You can place addons, lockdowns and secures in your rented town house.

Thanks to Dark Tyranny for the idea and for gathering the initial 10 locations.

If you know of any other nice buildings in towns that are empty (not occupied by vendors), PM me and i will take a look.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Rayne
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Rayne »

Greetings Excelsior!

We have a special addition to our community. A general idea was brought to me by a player, and I decided it was a nice concept.

We now have a Donation Hall. Here, you can come to view the people who have donated towards to maintenance of the shard. I will be updating the Hall slowly, as I am currently reviewing many files in search for all that have donated.

The gate to the Donation Hall can be accessed through the Town Center.

If you wish to have your name shown, please contact either +Colibri or myself.

+Rayne
[Administrator of Excelsior]

I'll look to like, if looking liking move:
But no more deep will I endart mine eye
Than your consent to give strength to make it fly.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Please note that the prices of the "get corpse back" and "get pets back" stones have changed. The 5k for the corpse and 10k for the pets is probably not the price we set in the first place (i have a feeling someone must have tampered with them, and it was i guess over 2 years since i last checked them - i don't use them hehe). I'm not sure of the price that was set initially, it was around 15 for corpse and 30 for pets, but that was set in the times when our playerbase was a whole lot smaller, there wasn't as much gold in the economy yet.

I know that a raise in price is always a cause for some bad mood, but I hope we all understand that we can be happy we even have this feature. For example, the "get followers stone" is something we scripted on our own.

Still the best way is to simply insure your items.

(Old Colibrian proverb)