How to set up RAZOR

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Brian
Journeyman Scribe

How to set up RAZOR

Post by Brian »

RAZOR SETUP by: Pappa Pook

I noticed that some people were having trouble getting Razor to work. I had the same problems so I wrote this tutorial to hopefully help fix some of the issues. If you are getting any of the following messages when you try to start RAZOR then this Tutorial should help.
Razor1.png
Razor1.png (6.56 KiB) Viewed 20561 times
Razor2.png
Razor2.png (7.69 KiB) Viewed 20533 times

1. Download RAZOR. ( http://www.runuo.com/razor/download.php)

2. Extract RAZOR to C:\Program Files (x86)This is important. If you extract it to C:\Program Files it will not work! Also.... Your UO file needs to be in C:\Program Files NOT in C:\Program Files (x86) where Razor is.

3. Change UO file name - Next thing you need to do is go to your Ultima Online folder and change the name from whatever it is to “Ultima Online”. If you downloaded the UO client from Excelsior then it is named “Ultima Online – Excelsior Shard” or something. Whatever it is named, change it to Ultima Online. My version of razor seemed to have a problem with the dash in “Ultima Online – Excelsior”.

4. Create a registry file - file After you have the files in the right places and correctly named you need to create a text document. I just used MS Word. Copy and paste the following to you text document. If you followed the steps above then you should not have to edit this.

Code: Select all

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0]
"ExePath"="C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\client.exe"
"InstCDPath"="C:\Program Files\Ultima Online"
"PatchExePath"="C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\uopatch.exe"
"StartExePath"="C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\uo.exe"
"Upgraded"="Yes"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Third Dawn]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online Third Dawn\1.0]
"ExePath"="C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\uotd.exe"
"InstCDPath"="C:\Program Files\Ultima Online"
"PatchExePath"="C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\uopatch.exe"
"StartExePath"="C:\Program Files\Ultima Online\uo.exe"

Save this new text document to your desktop and change the file name from whatever it is to “UO.REG”. This file is going to write to your registry. Once you change the name and file extension to “UO.REG” double click it. It should give you this:
Razor3.png
Razor3.png (11.03 KiB) Viewed 20502 times
Click yes and this will update you registry.

5. Now start RAZOR and you should get this screen:
Razor4.png
Razor4.png (10.89 KiB) Viewed 20530 times

6. Set it up like you see in the picture and that should do it. Oh This was tested on Windows 7. If there are any issues with a different OS let me know and I will update the post.

Good Luck. If this was helpful to you please respond. If I see that people are using my post I will start posting some of my good macros for everyone to use. Excelsior Shard rules!!! Vote for it by the bank in Brit.!
Last edited by Brian on Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
anarchy
Legendary Scribe

Re: How to set up RAZOR

Post by anarchy »

Thank you Brian. i also had that problem before fixing the registry. i also, put in the fix on the registry to stop the update. erm.... actually i can't lie my friend came over and did it for me so i really don't know how to do it. :S i'm so computer stupid.
Brian
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Brian »

:D Im glad that it helps. I like EZUO myself but I cant seem to get it to work on this shard. Razor is so restrictive. You cant be as creative with the scripts as you can with EZUO. This is accualy the first time I have ever even heard of razor. I guess once I play around with it awile some of the features will start to make more sence to me. LOL I already have a really nice mining script. It auto mines. the only problem (Which isn't really a problem) is when you run into an obstical you have to manualy walk around it. I havent figured out how to pathfind with it yet. LOL. I also have a great smelting script to smelt your ore one at a time at super speed. ( great for leveling Mining). That is totaly auto after the first set up as well. It's fun figuring those things out. It's kinda rewarding. LOL got healing from 25 to 100 in hours with my healing script. I just got 2000 bandaids and got a zombie to atack me. hit and auto healed all the way to 100. :]
anarchy
Legendary Scribe

Post by anarchy »

easyuo does work here btw. i use it and there is a section in development-coding for scripts. i like easyuo but i don't know anything about it so i use other people's scripts. well actually i have made some scripts, but they were easy ones.
Brian
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Brian »

Im so glad you told me that! lol. I had given up on it. Sometimes it is the simplest things. I didnt have EZUO installed in my UO folder so it wasn't working. LOL
anarchy
Legendary Scribe

Post by anarchy »

ah that would do it :) there are some very nice scripts in the development area of the forum. :)
Ilsanor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Ilsanor »

Well, you don't need EUO in your Ultima folder for it to work actually. I'm running it from a different folder and different drive and still works as a charm.

Also - for those of you 64-bit users who don't like program files folder (or just like to keep their stuff somewhere else) - there's a x64 workaround posted in the Coding talk topic http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php ... 16&start=0 Scroll down to the 4th post for the reg EXAMPLE! (you'll need to edit the path to the files manually, if you installed somewhere else). The 1st post is for 32bit users ONLY!.
This was tested on Windows 7
Remember to specify which version (32 vs 64) you're posting a workaround for, since they are not the same. The Program files x86 problem is mainly due to W7.64 having problem with 32 bit apps (like Razor).
rayzr
Passer by

Post by rayzr »

Also Windows 7 64-Bit users take note:

Your client may freeze and the entire window may grey out while playing.
This is your display adapter attempting to catch up apparently, and needing
some time to compensate for the visual themes / desktop composition.

If you are experiencing this issue while using Razor try right clicking on your "Client.exe"
file within the "Program Files\Ultima Online" folder and selecting "Properties", You will then need
to click on the "Compatibility" tab and proceed to check the respective boxes next to "Disable Visual Themes"
as well as the box next to "Disable desktop composition".

**NOTE** Do NOT enable any other functions such as run as administrator or compatibility mode,
or your client will NOT start when you run razor.

Hope that helps! ;)

Also thanks to Brian and Papa Pook for making this available,
it's nice to run it once again on such an excellent shard.

Oh, Also i've uploaded an exact copy of the "UO.REG" file that was posted above
to my own server for those who don't have much experience with computers
and/or are too lazy to create a file themselves. (I am guilty of being lazy too;p)

http://www.maschinestorm.net/UO.REG << Registry file from Step. 3 - double click from the desktop
after renaming your Ultima Online folder per instructions above. (Right click the link > Save As.. > Desktop)

-rayzr
Brian
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Brian »

:] I'm really glad this post has been of some use. I took me a wile to figure it out and I looked everywhere for a step by step guide but all I found was peices. Well... Enjoy :]
Shotta
Legendary Scribe

Post by Shotta »

I gave up on trying to get razor working. This worked wonderfully. Thanks for posting =]
Brian
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Brian »

Very Welcome :nod: Thank you for posting. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when I help someone. LOL.
anarchy
Legendary Scribe

Post by anarchy »

if time permits i want to add this to the wiki i'll have to use link only because of the wonderful pics. easy to understand steps :)
Shotta
Legendary Scribe

Post by Shotta »

anarchy wrote:if time permits i want to add this to the wiki i'll have to use link only because of the wonderful pics. easy to understand steps :)
That'd be awesome. and Bump for some noobs :P
Brian
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Brian »

I just added the Link to the Wiki. I guess there is no way to add the pics to the wiki. Thats too bad. The Wiki Editor isn't any where near as dynamic as the forums editor. It should be. lol. Well, with the link there I can stop having to tell people to come to the forums and search my name. Now We can just tall them to see the Wiki. Another good thing about the link to here is that people can leave comments here. I like to see that my tutoral has helped someone. :D
Dragor The Fisher
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Dragor The Fisher »

Does anyone know how to fix the registry problem "No Chiloc found" if running razor and uo under Wine in Ubuntu 10.10