uo, and uosteam, how to transfer files to new pc?

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
nocturne7saint
Elder Scribe

uo, and uosteam, how to transfer files to new pc?

Post by nocturne7saint »

So In about a month or so, I'm going to be getting a new pc.
I use UoSteam, how do i transfer my settings and profiles from uosteam and the uoexcelsior client to my new pc?
blackstone from the ILV guild
Eremite
Grandmaster Scribe

Re: uo, and uosteam, how to transfer files to new pc?

Post by Eremite »

Should be able to go to where it's installed and copy the `.xml` file for your profile to a backup drive/dropbox, etc.

eg: C:\Program Files (x86)\UOS\Profiles\Default.xml
nocturne7saint
Elder Scribe

Post by nocturne7saint »

thanks, Now how do I copy over my settings from UO itself?
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

You can simply copypaste whole uo directory, but in case, you already have uo on new machine, you can copy desktop map and macros text file from old pc., think it similar story with macros in assistant program maps.
nocturne7saint
Elder Scribe

Post by nocturne7saint »

Cerrera wrote:
Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:45 pm
You can simply copypaste whole uo directory, but in case, you already have uo on new machine, you can copy desktop map and macros text file from old pc., think it similar story with macros in assistant program maps.
so i can just zip up my entire uo directory and move it to my new pc? doesen't it need registry files that were installed to windows to work?
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

Think i just saved install file, (desktop map and macros file from directory), after installing just changed desktop and macros with my saved ones. There weren't nothing hard. If you asking, i really don't remember does installation of uo were necessary or not, just know that some old games didn't needed that, guessing uo needs it, in another case it wouldn't have such. Sory for speaking unclearly .
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Post by dreamstalker »

to copy files to new puter go into uos folder then profiles copy default.xml and default backup.xml i store mine on google drive and on one drive... for uo go into ultima online excelsior then desktop folder and choose all files in folder main one is multicache.dat.. save those along with uos files in same place like google drive or a jump drive. when u get new puter install uo excelsior and uos then just copy paste the files into the appropriate folder.
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you