Fishing: Lure, bait and hook

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Reskal
Elder Scribe

Fishing: Lure, bait and hook

Post by Reskal »

when i right click at my fishing pole, i can "look at" and when i do that, i have 3 little windows opening.
Hook, Bait and Lure.
Is exotic lure, the one i can buy at a fisherman, the only lure i can get ?

And what about bait and hook, are there different ones, and what do they do and where can i get them ?

Found no explanation about them in the net.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Re: Fishing: Lure, bait and hook

Post by Wil »

Reskal wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:14 pm
when i right click at my fishing pole, i can "look at" and when i do that, i have 3 little windows opening.
Hook, Bait and Lure.
Is exotic lure, the one i can buy at a fisherman, the only lure i can get ?

And what about bait and hook, are there different ones, and what do they do and where can i get them ?

Found no explanation about them in the net.
That's a custom part of the fishing here. My memory is a little rusty so I apologize if I get any of this wrong:

1. Hooks are crafted with tinkering. Without a hook you either fail or have a very low chance of successful fishing.

2. I -think- the exotic lure is the only one but I'm not sure. Its effect is to call up sea serpents (with a chance of a message in a bottle) more frequently.

3. Bait is used to increase the chance of particular aquarium fish appearing when you fish in their respective zones. An example of bait is red worms which are dropped as loot by liches.
Reskal
Elder Scribe

Re: Fishing: Lure, bait and hook

Post by Reskal »

Good to know ! About the baits, the red worms i found before, do you remember some other types of baits and where they drop ?