[claim help

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
grimsin
Passer by

[claim help

Post by grimsin »

I've been gone for nearly 5 years and It could just be me not doing it right but everytime I use [claim or [claimall or anything else with [ it tells me the command does not exist. Is that the right syntax or am I having a brainfart?
Alibaster
Legendary Scribe

Re: [claim help

Post by Alibaster »

I use [claimall without any issue. Do you have a screen shot of what you are seeing? Any chance there is an extra character or space where there shouldn't be?
Alibaster in game!!
grimsin
Passer by

Post by grimsin »

I don't think I have any extra spaces or anything, here is what I'm seeing.
Attachments
Screenshot (6).png
Screenshot (6).png (1.52 MiB) Viewed 1684 times
Screenshot (5).png
Screenshot (5).png (1.52 MiB) Viewed 1684 times
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Not only don't I have a problem with [claim, I get an entirely different error message when I try a command that doesn't exist. For example, "[tryme" returns "That is not a valid command."
valeriano
Adept Scribe

Post by valeriano »

Looking at names in your log I can say that... you are trying to use the claim command on ANOTHER shard :lool: .

I'm just kidding.
Give me a mask and i will tell the truth.
ButteryBiscuits
Elder Scribe

Post by ButteryBiscuits »

I have had issues with that randomly, although rarely. My son who also plays has, of course, never had that issue- it is well known that if some random bug can happen, i will find it. So in my case I found that a combination of an older laptop (haven't had it happen since i got a newer one) and the "helper" I was using (only happened when i was using uosteam or combo with uosteam) created what i think was a type of communication error with the server. Sometimes closing everything down and rebooting would clear it up. There were days where it did not clear up for a couple hours and i would walk away and reboot before starting again and then it cleared up. If I remember correctly that was usually on days with big storms and I think it was messing with the satellite connection.

The other times were really me being an idiot and not realizing that while I was using a fighting script that there simply was not enough time between the actions in the script to issue a claim/claimall command- it would either accept and then the target would disappear (cuz it was looking to target something in the fighting script) or it would give me a bad command error. And of course, other people don't seem to have that problem... just me :lol:

This is probably not helpful to you at all but thought I would throw it in there. Good luck.
BB
---------------------------
ButteryBiscuits
in game name ButteryBiscuits
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mermaid_of_Warsaw
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

According to a posting in another shard's forums, the problem is because you have the UO Steam command button set to [ (the default) as well.
grimsin
Passer by

Post by grimsin »

Thanks for the responses! Wil you were correct, after going through the UOS option pages the command button was indeed defaulted to [ and was taking precedence over the client. TYVM, your awesome.