Levelling a weapon

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Wulf
Novice Scribe

Levelling a weapon

Post by Wulf »

HI all,

I can't really figure out how the xp from killing monsters works on levelable weapons, it doesn't seem to relate to the amount of tokens dropped so I have a few questions.

1) Do you get extra XP in fel like you do farmed resources?
2) Is it better to spend a time on a big mob you can kill or better to use the same amount of time to kill multiple smaller easy kill mobs? For example in tokuno the time it takes me to kill a fan dancer I can kill 8+ of the player killer types mobs, which seem to give more xp for the 8 is this the same across the whole game?
3) Any tips in general to help level the weapon - apart from hit the things, all the things.

Thanks

Wulf
ZeeeQi
Adept Scribe

Re: Levelling a weapon

Post by ZeeeQi »

Hello Wulf

Yes, fel mobs gives 2x the exp mobs gives in Trammel, so far the best strategy to level fast a weapon is killing a lot of small mobs like Skeletons, Wraiths, Zombies, etc...

I would recommend you to go to dungeons with that kind of mobs like Deceit, Covetous, Fire... any of those will work great!
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Fel mobs give 2x weapon xp, but they also have 2x HP and you can't recall around so you have to factor in the time cost getting to them.

Undead give more xp than other mobs. Possibly just in Deceit; I'm not sure.
Possum12
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Possum12 »

Unless it's been changed recently, then I apologize, NOT all mobs in Fel gives 2 x XP's.

Had a discussion with +Nyx about this several years ago when I checked xp from kills and found that most seemed to yield the same as in Trammel.

+Nyx told me it was only the "Extra" mobs placed in Fel compared to Trammel that had the 2 x XP.

So for an example if a Trammel dungeon has 80 mobs & the Fel equivalent has 120 mobs - it was only the extra 40 mobs that had the double XP's.
Still much better then Trammel, but a long way from "Everything" in Fel has double xp's.

Haven't bothered to check if the undead/orcs etc from Fel towns give the double xp's, so am interested in feedback on that. Also the Fel Bucs Den Elementals that appear like serpents. Would be nice if they were all 2 x XP's too.
Tarkin Lamere in-game
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

Check out Cygnus’s Monster Compendium

http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10832
TDC Guild
Wulf
Novice Scribe

Post by Wulf »

Thank you everyone for the invaluable help.