Thrown back to desktop after char creation

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
In_God_We_Trrust
Passer by

Thrown back to desktop after char creation

Post by In_God_We_Trrust »

Hello!

Im totally new to the game, and i am sure this question has been answered 100 times. but i dont know the keywords to look up the answer in the forum.

So pls tell me:

i downloaded the .zip file from the homepage. when i extracted it, there were error messages that some .txt and .jpg files couldnt be extracted. I dont know if this is the reason for my problem, but after selecting the starting city (after char creation) im thrown back to the desktop. tried it twice. also: when i first started the game, there was a trailer. after that trailer i was also thrown back to the desktop. a second clicking then lead me to char creation.

Can anyone help me pls?
Durocius
Grandmaster Scribe

Re: Thrown back to desktop after char creation

Post by Durocius »

Are you using Razor or UOSteam to login? It sounds like you are being directed to the official servers. You will need to enter the address shard.uoex.net
and then port 60 in the settings to login here.
In_God_We_Trrust
Passer by

thx for the info.

i guess one of the .txt filed that havent been extracted contains the host name and the port.

will try.
In_God_We_Trrust
Passer by

Now i tried it by downloading the client separately. found 5.0.9

but i couldnt apply the excelsior patch. the error log says: (404) server not found. have they moved recently? nayone having a working address for the Excelsior patch?

thx!
Durocius
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Durocius »

Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

In_God_We_Trrust wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 9:24 am
i downloaded the .zip file from the homepage. when i extracted it, there were error messages that some .txt and .jpg files couldnt be extracted.
Hello,

Not sure what zip file you're talking about. https://portal.uoex.net/downloads/uoml_ ... atch12.exe from https://uoex.net/startup is a self-extracting RAR archive. Unless your computer is malfunctioning, it downloads and extracts perfectly. You can also try extracting it with WinRAR. It contains the complete already-patched UO version you need for Excelsior.