New Player: Which Equipment Should One Focus On?

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
RavenousPT
Novice Scribe

New Player: Which Equipment Should One Focus On?

Post by RavenousPT »

Hello, I'm a recently new player to the UO ever. :mrgreen:

I've seen alot of diferent equipment and I've been wondering, as an Archer, the especific names of best equipments I should be focused on getting later on.

I'm already lvling a relatively good crafted Petrified Yumi and I'll be trying to get a better one later in the game. But thats mostly all I really know about equipment. Get a bow, lvl ip and you're gtg. Get full DEX and good HP and you're gtg.

But... I might need some help about shoulders, armor, legs, helmet, robe, earrings, and so on... :?:

The specific name would be great because I can use vendors website search and check those out so I can have an ideia on what to focus later on.

Thanks in advance! See ya ingame! :D
Ravenous
188 Days Old UO Player. (Monthly Updated)
Portugal
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Re: New Player: Which Equipment Should One Focus On?

Post by Cerrera »

Max out skill, get some hci and di also u need mana leech and/or regens. As a damage maker with hands(not spells) u want to make your hits to not miss and hit hard. Mage based would be focused on sdi and mana regens here. Anyway sdi is also important , if your weapon have spell hits. Independant in what u want to make, you would be interested to follow 220 dex guide too, to get instant healing. That's how new player chose to change dividers in he's setup to get max efficiency is tortuous trail. So make goals, and follow them.
Turnabout
Elder Scribe

Post by Turnabout »

Mistvale set > dex trash (220 Dex Guide) + crafted ring/bracelet/earrings > GoCs > Spirit od the Totem (Doom) > Jewel of Winter > Black Belt > Maybe the the Gleam Aura Leggings if you can find help (Sgail) > Relayers.

Items with underlines can be found on wiki, for the Black Belt and the Gleam Aura Leggings check the Museum for instructions. You can reach the Museum using world teleport under custom | house gates, while there search for the house teleport tile with a critter on top of it.
This is just an hint. You can hunt for your gear the way you prefer and in a way that fit better with your play style.

If you have some time take a look at this guide:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3778&p=24225&hilit= ... ome#p24225

Have fun.

Edit: broken link.
The Skilled Image.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

As a new player, the first equipment you should be focused on is a 100% lower reagent cost wearables set. The next equipment is the resource keys, tool house and gem pouch. The stuff the other folks talked about doesn't even start until you've done that.

Archery becomes useful mid-game but IMO starting with archery is a hard slog. Your fire speed is slow and DPS is weak. Take advantage of the new player training dirk for sure but then set it aside for a while.

The fast path in early game is taming. Get a player-bred mule and a set of player-bred noble steeds and you can be soloing champs in the first week.
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alamiester »

Wil wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:49 pm
As a new player, the first equipment you should be focused on is a 100% lower reagent cost wearables set. The next equipment is the resource keys, tool house and gem pouch. The stuff the other folks talked about doesn't even start until you've done that.

Archery becomes useful mid-game but IMO starting with archery is a hard slog. Your fire speed is slow and DPS is weak. Take advantage of the new player training dirk for sure but then set it aside for a while.

The fast path in early game is taming. Get a player-bred mule and a set of player-bred noble steeds and you can be soloing champs in the first week.
+1 i totally agree with will. focus on the first parts of game which is skill. you can get a lot of that stuff gradually while working skills up. heck some players will give that stuff for free, gear will be found eventually by playing more and talking with the friendly peeps of excelsior.