Fishing Problem

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Erekose
Journeyman Scribe

Fishing Problem

Post by Erekose »

Fishing does not work on my main character. My character equips the fishing pole, double click, target the water, see and hear the splash and that's all! The fishing timer does not appear and I haven't fished anything up for hours... fish, shoes, boots, nothing. This characters fishing is above 80.0, from playing previous years (recently returned), all my other characters can fish just fine. Any ideas? I created a ticket but thought maybe someone has had this experience in the past.
Seventh Stone
Passer by

Re: Fishing Problem

Post by Seventh Stone »

It might be something that interupts fishing right after it starts. Try craft some tailoring and see if it can be done or interupted too.
Also, pay attention on system messages you got after fail if there are some. It can be useful to post them here.
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

is the boat parked? the way you describe it kinda sounds like the boat is still moving so you get no messages or timer cuz the boat is sailing out of range of the spot you cast at. also to fish in deep ocean you need 80.0 real skill any +fishing items will not count towards that minimum requirement.
Erekose
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Erekose »

I have tried fishing from shore, a dock and a boat (stopped), no fish, no boots, no shoes, no gains... nothing. I have no system massages after "where would you like to fish". The character can craft with no interruptions and as I mentioned all my other characters can fish.
sarmatian
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by sarmatian »

any background macros?
like my continuous healing macro running in UOSteam ?
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

maybe you missed an automated afk check and you got a temporary fishing ban
Erekose
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Erekose »

No missed AFK check. I returned here a few months ago from a hiatus from 2019 and had an issue with fishing from the very first time I tried. As far as the background macros... I turned everything off and tried fishing on both UOSteam and razer and as I have said all my other characters can fish with no problems.
Erekose
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Erekose »

Still here! No fix yet 😞
Erekose
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Erekose »

I posted a work around on the help request... change all stats and skills with another character and I'll make that my main (since all my other characters can fish)...