Stat Gain Question

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
swampfox162
Passer by

Stat Gain Question

Post by swampfox162 »

I'm completely new to Ultima Online and I have to ask, are the stat gains supposed to be THIS slow?
I read the new player guide on the wiki and it suggested to leave it on overnight for a night or 2 but this is crazy. In about 13-14 hours of leaving this game running with my character in the training room slapping a monk, I've gotten roughly 20 STR and 15 DEX and maxed out (75 for training room) all combat skills except for Archery.

Is this the normal speed or am I doing something wrong? Seems like it will take an excessive amount of time to reach 100+ at this rate.
Silent
Legendary Scribe

Re: Stat Gain Question

Post by Silent »

You don't have to leave that room fully maxed out. You can just lock the stats that are okay and go train your other skills which will give you stats too.

See the table on the end of the page: https://www.uoex.net/wiki/Stats_Guide

Don't forget to explore Mistvale :)
Lurking the forums since dec 2012
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

The issue is stat gains are capped at 1 every 15 min. The stat elixirs are very helpful and cheap, but I know gold is tight on your first days.

I’m pretty sure you have to be actually gaining skill to make a stat go up.
TDC Guild
Sir Blood
Elder Scribe

Post by Sir Blood »

Locking all stats but the one(s) you want to gain is the best method. INT elixers are very cheap, just buy enough to cap that one. Also of note, just because you are able to gain a state increase doesn't mean it will happen right away, it could take 10-15 minutes to actually gain that stat.

I have noticed you seem to gain stats easier when you are not starving, also when you are not able to gain a skill, it seems to reduce your chance of a stat gain. Personal trainers seem better than the training room at gaining stats in that regard...

A lot of players will let people use their personal trainers if they ask.
- - In game name:: Simply Delicious - -
Find my HUGE Rune LIbrary
- Main Floor Housegates
- Bottom SE corner, look for the black and white housegate tile (looks like a QR code you can scan)
Rune displayed @TC -- Far West Wall: Simply's
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Melkor wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:36 pm
You don't have to gain skill, you have to be able and trying to gain skill. The distinction is that even though the training room's 75 cap stops you from gaining to 100, you can still gain stat points. But if you build the skill to 100 (or 120 with a PS) than you will no longer be able to gain stat points with it.

See https://www.uoex.net/wiki/Training_Room#Train_Stats for a discussion.
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

Wil wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:37 am
Melkor wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:36 pm
You don't have to gain skill, you have to be able and trying to gain skill. The distinction is that even though the training room's 75 cap stops you from gaining to 100, you can still gain stat points. But if you build the skill to 100 (or 120 with a PS) than you will no longer be able to gain stat points with it.

See https://www.uoex.net/wiki/Training_Room#Train_Stats for a discussion.
Thanks for clearing that up Wil

Here's a Dex tip. Keep camping skill at 0, get kindling and try and start a fire. Once you gain don't do it again for over 15 min. You can get a good amount of Dex before you get too good at camping and your fires start too quick.
TDC Guild
andy barrington
Apprentice Scribe

Post by andy barrington »

i was told when i was raising stats, if you eat food until satiated you will gain faster. it seemed to work for me. :)
There Is No Virus
Novice Scribe

Post by There Is No Virus »

andy barrington wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:54 am
i was told when i was raising stats, if you eat food until satiated you will gain faster. it seemed to work for me. :)
Bumping this question.