Keep loosing conn

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Wild Retic
Grandmaster Scribe

Keep loosing conn

Post by Wild Retic »

I can log in, everything is very normal for about a minute. Then all of the sudden i freeze for a few seconds, and UOS and UO shut down . Everything is checking out fine on my end. And my internet connection is very stable.
I'm confussed
MagicUser
Elder Scribe

Re: Keep loosing conn

Post by MagicUser »

Have you tried restarting your computer?
Have you looked at your task manager?
Do you know if any macros are running?

I know for certain that I used to have issues with running scripts in UOSteam if there was not enough delay. I had more consistent issues if I tried to run too many EasyUO scripts in parallel. I remember it being a mark of accomplishment getting the script to last more than an hour without crashing (EasyUO's pathfinding is pretty garbage).
Respectfully,
Paroxysmus ILV Master Spellcaster
Wild Retic
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Wild Retic »

what does pathfinding do anyways ?
MagicUser
Elder Scribe

Post by MagicUser »

The pathfinding I am referring to is UO's built in find a path and traverse it (double right click). You can give EasyUO the cordinates and then have EasyUO tell UO to pathfind there. Its great for scripting, so you don't have to manually walk to the mob or have the mob come to you. The problem is that there is not a clear cut way to find how long the pathfinding will take (you don't get access to the path). Meaning if you do not put enough delay in, then it is basically just spamming requests. Spamming requests in UOSteam will boot you.

Pathfinding in general is a much more complicated 2nd/3rd year computer science application. I won't bore you with the details, but here are some fun links if you are interested.
BFS/DFS - https://youtu.be/pcKY4hjDrxk
Dikstra - https://youtu.be/GazC3A4OQTE
A* - https://youtu.be/ySN5Wnu88nE

I am not sure what algorithm UO uses. It might even be a custom more complex one, though I doubt it.
Respectfully,
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

MagicUser wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:48 pm
I am not sure what algorithm UO uses. It might even be a custom more complex one, though I doubt it.
UO does not use Dijkstra's algorithm. If it did, it would consistently work instead of becoming confused by large obstacles, distances and elevation changes, and wandering weird and inconsistent directions during the movement.

Dijkstra is not especially difficult; it's just a breadth-first search. You start a path to every adjacent spot that you're allowed to traverse, assigning it a value of 1. Then you fork each path to every spot adjacent to that, discarding any that lead back to a spot you've already been to, assigning those a value of 2. And so on, until one of the paths reaches the spot you want to go. That gives you the shortest working path to your destination.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Man, we need something like a thumbs up functionality on the forums :)

Wild Retic, try without any 3rd party helper apps, and if it works, there's your problem.

Btw, I think the pathfinding that you start by double-right-clicking a tile, is inside the client, I have no idea what algorithm it uses. Mobs in the game use A-star, and i remember there were a few places in the game where it would just cause a skeleton to walk left and right between two tiles, panicking about what to do ... a proper AI would probably try to run away if it cant get to you :)
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
MagicUser
Elder Scribe

Post by MagicUser »

thumbsUp.png
thumbsUp.png (8.7 KiB) Viewed 1674 times
Respectfully,