How can i recover, pet skill down

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Sonjungs
Passer by

How can i recover, pet skill down

Post by Sonjungs »

My pet died.
So Pet's skill went down from 100 to 99.7.
How can I recover it? What ointment should I use?
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Re: How can i recover, pet skill down

Post by Melkor »

TDC Guild
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

here have a usefully reply that isn't full of snarky stupidity; whist at the same time failing to satifactually answer the question.

You recover pet skills through training (ie, just have them fight something and the skill will go back up to its cap); no ointments are required. The only skill that doesn't improve is poisoning (so you can tell roughly how old a bio pet is by how low its poisoning has fallen) though this really doesn't matter.

The main advantage of imps (aside from their crazy DPS) is the fact they do not take stat nor skill loss. All other pets (I know of) take both stat and skill loss sometimes upon death. You need to use the appropriate regent and ointment combo to up the stats, skills go up naturally on their own. You can use a trainer to max out skills as well as just fighting other bad guys.

Hope I was helpful, enjoy the shard.

Nick
https://www.uoex.net/wiki/Ointments
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

I really don’t think my response was snarky and stupid at all. It’s all the information I had for him and I thought it was helpful. I’ve noticed you seem to stir up drama Nick but please leave me out of it. If you wanted to give him some more information you could have done it without disparaging comments directed at me.
TDC Guild
Nick
Legendary Scribe

Post by Nick »

no one called you out by name... if you are feeling guilty that's just your conscience.

And I do like to help people, nearly as much as I like to poke fun at ppl you like to be snarky or upset about perceived slights
davethemage
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by davethemage »

As an independent person.....I don't think you had to call him out by name due to the fact he was the only one to reply to the OP. So by your statements you did call him out. And as far as i seen he did help him out by pointing out where on the wiki he could find the information he was seeking. I have often used the phrase "wiki is your best friend... use it" Just my 2 cents worth.

I also noticed that in your post you gave the OP the exact same link as the person you were calling out. (just saying)
IGN: Edwin Roach
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Nick wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:41 pm
no one called you out by name...
Yeah, you basically did. Not like it wasn't obvious to every reader exactly who you were talking about.
Nick wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:41 pm
I like to poke fun at ppl you like to be snarky or upset about perceived slights
That's fair. If someone's going to be snarky ("wiki is your friend") they should also be right. Ointments have nothing to do with pet skills, the numbers that can be improved to 100 via tenths of a point.
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

I felt I was being concise, not snarky. OP if you felt my response was snarky I apologize, that was not my intent.

Will, to be fair, he asked about ointments and I provided information on ointments along with what I thought was a friendly piece of advise. It seems as though my answer was not as fulsome as it could have been, but as I said before it's all the information I had for him, I was legit trying to be helpful.

I aim for us all to get along as best as possible and keep UOEX a nice escape. I have no ill feelings towards Nick, I said my piece :)
TDC Guild
Nick
Legendary Scribe

Post by Nick »

Well as the needed information OP was seeking (how to regain lost pet skills) had nothing to do with the posted link it wasn't that helpful; thus my unapologetic sarcasm accompanying the actual answer to the question.

I have no ill will toward anyone on the server (other than that one chad that I gave a tour of my house and he put down a house in the middle asking a 100kk ransom to remove it; but I think he is gone now) and remain friends with many ppl whom I've trolled for silly responses or actions. On pretty much every occasion I see some version of "wiki is your best friend...use it" I clap back with some sarcasm as it's simple snark that isn't that helpful (IMO). It is everyone's right to be entirely unhelpful and tell someone new/old trying to learn and asking for help to google it; as it is also everyone's right to laugh at someone taking the time to provide an entirely unhelpful answer.

[quote=davethemage post_id=78813 time=1635789909 user_id=6875]
And as far as i seen he did help him out by pointing out where on the wiki he could find the information he was seeking.

I have often used the phrase "wiki is your best friend... use it" Just my 2 cents worth
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Anyway, Nick had the correct but incomplete answer. To raise the pet skills back up (on the pet skills it's possible to raise), just have them train or fight something. As with your own skills they won't be able to get above 75 in the training room but they can go all the way to max on a personal trainer. If they started above 100 (e.g. Noble Steeds), you won't be able to get them back above 100 unless you've used a pet powerscroll to allow that skill above 100.
davethemage
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by davethemage »

Ya i have no ill will toward anyone, have often chatted with you all at one point or another in game. still and always glad to be part of the community we have. Honestly haven't played a game where we are as close as we are on here. so hopefully no one feels put off by this.

See ya in game.
IGN: Edwin Roach
arrow
Legendary Scribe

Post by arrow »

Always remember to pillage before you burn!-----------Unknown
MagicUser
Elder Scribe

Post by MagicUser »

Respectfully,