A new players first weapon to level

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Wild Retic
Grandmaster Scribe

A new players first weapon to level

Post by Wild Retic »

ok, I'm interested in seeing what different people think as to the best weapon (type) to level up. I know I have asked in game but with all the many answers and reasons I have gotten I thought it would be a good ideas to start a thread on the subject.

culichi ... That's where I am undecided. The last server I played on was Pandora and I used WW ALL the time. I could basicly solo most any champ by using WW, then swap to a Bow and a tank pet. But with my armor VERY basic. I'm kinda leaning to leveling a HorseLord because I can stay at a safer distance. And I'm not set up to do champs quite yet due to my Armor
Last edited by Wild Retic on Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Re: A new players first weapon to level

Post by culichi »

whirlwind weapons are generally the easiest wep type to level although some prefer bows cuz chasing after runners is a bore.
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

I would say war hammer, good for both solo and swarm, also have nice weapon damage, which will allow to make good hits and vampiric returns without having much str, which is preferable with double axe, cause lumber jacking doesn't fill gap between their base damages. But whatever, i am just saying how i did.
sarmatian
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by sarmatian »

I leveled 2 weapons at the same time,
not commercial level leveling, just using them after applying leveling deeds.
Deeds are cheap at token stone ...
and anyway I needed WWW for mob waves and Bow for those too strong to get close ....
Like Mistvale dungeon with Succubi and Elder Gazers and Liches ...
The bow allowed me to survive first champs at final phases ...

Now i am carrying one weapon to level, bow and another leveled axe just in case when it gets close and I need good Life Leech and multiple hits ...

Why "waste" weapon experience? I can always level next ...
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

Wild Retic I think the right answer is a good crafted yumi, something with hit lighting and hit mana leach as the base and then just max out the lighting from there and add hit fire ball and +8dex.

its a very cheap (and likely free) item if you ask around as most of us have a chest full of crafted yumis that are just too good to chop but not something that will sell for anything really worth putting on a vendor (crafting to sell yumis is pretty much not a thing)

This will allow you to kill almost everything in the game by kiting or better by having a single mule you ride around and dismount and send into battle ahead of you, as a tank, and then use the clerical spell Touch of life to heal from 9 tiles away while you shoot the target as well for the actual DPS. (touch of life is by far the best spell to heal a pet and it uses spirit speak which is incredibly easy to GM) you should use the special attack Armor Peirce, when on foot and always discord the target if it has more than say 1000 HP.

latter you can get a 0 slot ethrial mount and you should switch to double shot, (can only be used when mounted) it does the exact same amount of physical dmg as Armor pierce however, it lets the lighting and fireball hit twice as much for more DPS with just the cost of another arrow. You can also add in 5 nobles to act as the tank wall or work toward 5 imps (I like squirrels myself).

This crafted yumi is a great beginner weapon and regardless of your armor allows you to have some fun and earn some gold as you play with few deaths. The yumi will last you all the way through mid-game and serve you well once you have 220 dex and good armor (and ID say 200+ HP) the next weapon to level is probably a looted halaber with hit lighting and mana leach (38% ones are rather cheap a 2x46 will cost more, a 2x58% will probably be in your price range at this point) for WW.

Just my opinon
Nick Of Old
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

For your first weapon, you'll want something with whirlwind and high swing speed increase. Your stamina is still too low to swing at max speed so leveling will take forever without it.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

sarmatian wrote:and anyway I needed WWW for mob waves and Bow for those too strong to get close ....
Like Mistvale dungeon with Succubi and Elder Gazers and Liches ...
There is nothing in the mistvale dungeons that can't be soloed with 4 max noble steeds and a little patience.