Stronger Wooden Boxes

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Possum12
Grandmaster Scribe

Stronger Wooden Boxes

Post by Possum12 »

Are the Stronger Wooden Boxes supposed to have such a low weight limit or they a random amount?

Just found out the one I have in my backpack has a limit of 1000 stones.

Don't really see the point of being able to hold 1000 items if weight limit is so low.
(I'm not into gathering a colored feather collection)

If its not an error, wish I knew that before I blew all my tokens over the festive season trying to win an extra one!!

Better off just using a paragon chest that seemingly does not have a limit.
Tarkin Lamere in-game
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Re: Stronger Wooden Boxes

Post by Johnny Warren »

I would think that's your backpack weight limit getting in the way. The main use of stronger boxes is making house organisation easier and neater looking. Put the box down, put your other boxes inside the stronger box, instead of 9 boxes with 100 items each cluttering the house you have 1 box, with the 9 boxes inside. Makes accessing all of your gear easier too as it is all in the one place. If you are good at organising you can use them very effectively to make finding things easier too. I certainly never ever carry any of my stronger boxes around with me. I use one on my vendor because I like to keep lots of deco all in the one box.

They certainly beat the old "wall of chests" in terms of appearance as well as functionality in my honest opinion.

If anyone uses them for carrying things around I would like to hear from you. I have a few sitting at home empty at the moment...
JOHNNY WARREN!
Possum12
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Possum12 »

Thanks for reply Johny.

I hadn't used any of my stronger wooden boxes before( all just sitting in my bank box)

Thought I would use it while crafting heaps of bows while filling a few thousand BoD's. I craft a bow and an easyuo macro moves it to a particular container, then fill the BoD's from that container. Every so often I use another macro to chop all the non-exceptionals back into boards. Used to use a normal pack with the 125 limit, but wanted to leave it longer before doing the recycle thing as I was nowhere near my carrying capacity. Thought I would be clever and use the stronger box with the 1000 item limit.

The boxes "weight" limit was reached before my backpack limit was, even tried putting it on ground in my house and still the same problem.

Oh well it is what it is.....

Just have to make my coffee faster while recycling items *sigh*
Tarkin Lamere in-game
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Just to be clear: when secured in a house, the stronger wooden boxes have no weight limit. For example, I have one holding 664 items weighing 103,000 stones. I just confirmed this is true of the 2020 box as well.

AFAIK, only backpacks have an intrinsic weight limit. Chests, boxes, bags and pouches do not.
sarmatian
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by sarmatian »

i am hit with another end of this ... backpack item limit.
There is no problem to put Stronger box in BoH with 1000 stone weight.
but ... 300 items ... no no ...

Stays in home, nice to keep all BOD books in one box.
Sir Blood
Elder Scribe

Post by Sir Blood »

Upgrading your pack to hold over 300 items and 700 stones is well worth it, you run into less issues
25ed = +25 items
25ed = +25 Stones
- - In game name:: Simply Delicious - -
Find my HUGE Rune LIbrary
- Main Floor Housegates
- Bottom SE corner, look for the black and white housegate tile (looks like a QR code you can scan)
Rune displayed @TC -- Far West Wall: Simply's
mskidmor
Apprentice Scribe

Post by mskidmor »

how do u get the stronger wooden boxes?
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

mskidmor wrote:how do u get the stronger wooden boxes?
Donate in December or get one from someone who did.
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

I've also managed to scavenge a few at the recent idoc events. They usually sell forr 100 - 200ed... With 200 being rather expensive, and 100 being a very good bargain. I sold 2 in the last few months at 160 and 150ed.
JOHNNY WARREN!