Have Smithy Bods Changed?

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
TikTak
Apprentice Scribe

Have Smithy Bods Changed?

Post by TikTak »

Am I imagining this, or did it used to be the case that if you returned a completed smithy bod, then checked Bulk Order Info, you would get another BOD, no matter how short a time it was since you had last collected a new one one?

I've just turned in 3 completed BODs, with 2 hours still to wait 'til my next BOD, and the timer remained the same - still 2 hours to wait. Is that how it has always been or has something changed?
Silent
Legendary Scribe

Re: Have Smithy Bods Changed?

Post by Silent »

You must have stepped onto a bug, when you turn in a BOD it will refresh the timer for a new BOD.
Did you try to get a new BOD between each prize claim? it should've worked.
Lurking the forums since dec 2012
TikTak
Apprentice Scribe

Post by TikTak »

Hey Silent,
Yes, my whole aim in doing those 3 I handed in was to get a few more BODs, so handed one in, got reward and then tried to get a new BOD - did that for all three - each time 'one may be available in another 2 hours' :shock:
Looks like as you say I must have stepped into a bug - I'll give it another go now! Fingers crossed!
Possum12
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Possum12 »

Claim the BoD by dragging and dropping on the NPC - Should be able to claim a new BoD immediately.

If you double click the BoD and claim it that way the timer seems to stay at the 2 hours or to whatever your skill level sets it to.

That's what I do now - I asked the same question several years ago and was told about the dragging option, been doing that ever since and works for me.
Tarkin Lamere in-game
TikTak
Apprentice Scribe

Post by TikTak »

Well looks like 4th time lucky! Worked fine that time! Only thing I can think of that I did differently was that earlier I used the 'drop the completed BOD on the vendor' method. This time I used the option at the bottom of the BOD and targeted the vendor :?
TikTak
Apprentice Scribe

Post by TikTak »

Interestingly I hadn't seen Possum12's reply - it was the drag option that is failing for me..... claiming from within the BOD works.... I'll try double clicking the next one! Will see what happens with that.
Silent
Legendary Scribe

Post by Silent »

I've never dragged the BOD, I always use the claim option and it has worked fine for me. Recently I turned and claimed around 100 small BODs with no problem using the gump claim.

However, I just went to the wiki for a quick read and this was there:
"(Claiming the reward through the BOD gump does not reset the timer to claim a new BOD)"

https://www.uoex.net/wiki/Bulk_order_deeds

Perhaps +C made a few touched to this system, only him can say hehe
Lurking the forums since dec 2012
Possum12
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Possum12 »

Very interesting, maybe some things have been tweeked in the last few years.

Would be interested if anyone else noticed what I believe is a glitch/error in new BoD claim generation? I collect with 6 toons at least 3 times per day. Just happened to notice recently when browsing through my BoD books that the only Large BoD's I had were all Ringmail - not 1 Chain or Plate in the 1000's of BoD's in my books. So in last 6-12 months 100+ Ringmail Large BoD's and no other types of large ones. Too much I believe for just "bad luck".

Has anyone else noticed this?

Still get chain & plate small BoD's, only large seems affected.
Tarkin Lamere in-game
TikTak
Apprentice Scribe

Post by TikTak »

Thanks Silent and Possum12.

I still have to test out the double click method but for me the claim option is working, drag and drop is not....

Oh and @Possum12 my LBOD book is full of ringmail LBODS (well I wish it was a bit fuller lol) - no other types of LBOD at all. I'm thinking there may well be a glitch as you are suspecting!

I'll submit a bug report - perhaps you guys would as well - strength in numbers and all that?
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

what level skill are your smith bod collectors at? large plate bods would require higher skill to get but not sure how high. ill try doing some more smith bod turn ins tonight and see if i get any plate larges.

i just tested the bod turn ins and both the drag/drop method and the button on bod method reset my bod timer. i know that the button didnt use to reset timer but i havnt tried that method in years dunno when colibri changed it. i really hate when he doesnt list fixes on change log but i can see how tiresome that could get when he is fixing a lot of bugs.
Possum12
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Possum12 »

All my toons have 120 skill in all BoD collecting crafts (plus 80+ in Tinkering to be able to get instrument type BoD's in Carp)

I believe the Large Smith BoD problem is a bit different to the smith reward problem, where the type of reward only changes for each level/type of BoD on a server re-set.

The server has been re-set many times over the last year & still not one of my toons have been getting any large smithy BoD's except Ringmail ones. You still can get small chain and plate BoD's though. Hope a quick fix can come soon or I'll have a heap of BoD Books full of empty large Ringmail & books full of small chain and plate :)

I realize the BoD system is probably low in the priority list with +A leaving, would be nice to at least get the large BoD problem looked at as a kinda higher priority!?? (Pretty Please...)

Was so looking forward to all the BoD crafting getting a revamp like alchemy, inscription & tailoring did.

Many thanks for changes and improvements so far to make Excelsior sooooo much more enjoyable then the original.
Tarkin Lamere in-game