Skillgain Remove Trap past 80

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Pete10
Journeyman Scribe

Skillgain Remove Trap past 80

Post by Pete10 »

I read in the net, that using a box in the inventory and casting "Magic Trap" on it, helps to get to 80.
Actually i'm at 77.8 and the skillgain slows down significantly. My Question is, do i still have to look for boxes and chests in dungeons past 80 or can i go on with practice locks ? If so which ones in what skill area ?
Or are there other ways ?
Jantra
Grandmaster Scribe

Re: Skillgain Remove Trap past 80

Post by Jantra »

Hello! The reason we say that you should go to 80 is because you cannot do it ever again by macro AFTER 80. So even if you have to just let it go for a few nights to get to 80...you might as well because every .1 you need to get after 80, you have to get by doing it on a chest you find.

There are places you can start if you want! If you go to the Trinsic bank, there's an Agapite (Apagite? I can never remember the spelling lol) chest you can get going on. There's also a Blaze but it'll likely be beyond your skill level until 85 or higher - but you can give it a go. If after five tries you don't get a skill up on the blaze, just unlock it and explode it. Same with the Agapite, btw.

Valorite and Ice will be completely beyond you, btw. Even at 92.2, they're still beyond me. Verorite gives me no skill ups and nothing less than Agapite did at 80.
Pete10
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Pete10 »

Thanks, will try it out, i'm at 79.6 so far !
But where do Valorite and Ice -locks spawn ? Never seen them, not even in destard 2 at the shadow wyrms.

Edit: i actually tried to remove traps at the trinsic chests, but it doesn't work anyhow. When i use the skill on the unpicked chest, it says "That doesn't appear to be trapped"..and when i lockpick it, i get the same message..what do i do wrong ?

Edit2: okok, they are obviously not trapped :lool:
Jantra
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Jantra »

Then you're working on the wrong chests. Just went over there and removed trap the blaze chest successfully.

Valorite and Ice are paragon chest drops.
Pete10
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Pete10 »

Chests: you mean those inside the bank, a little room behind the desk where a "book of truth" is lying under a shield ?

Edit: actually i tried those again and now i could untrap them. Obviously someone else trained his Remove Trap on them before, without unpicking them.
TikTak
Apprentice Scribe

Post by TikTak »

Hey, I've had some success getting gains on the blaze chests in Yew Empath Abbey and Yew Flour Mill.... few and far between, it's a slow process.
Also gains off Agapite chests in dungeons and whatever chest it is for Expertly and Adeptly Treasure Maps....now at 85.4 and scraping around for the very rare gain!
Pete10
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Pete10 »

Good info ! I have 80.6 now, and only gained from agapite-locks. Funny was that i got 3 gains from 1 chest, i had "failed to offset the trap" und got 3 gains in a row then i untrapped it..so if you gain, you have a high chance for a serie of gains.
TikTak
Apprentice Scribe

Post by TikTak »

Yes it does seem like you need to find a chest that's at your 'sweet spot' - and that one gives a few gains before you untrap it! Good luck!