??? A few more questions... ???

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Zanazaz
Adept Scribe

??? A few more questions... ???

Post by Zanazaz »

I've been playing for almost a couple of months now and I've really enjoyed it. I'm an old school UO player from shortly before there was Trammel. Anyway. I always try and research, or ask in global chat before I resort to asking on the forums,

1. I'm working on leveling a weapon and wondering how should I apply the points? I'm guessing I should apply them as I earn them, but then I'm trying to decide what I should start with. I don't have any stat scrolls yet so my dex is maxxed out. I doubt I will use this weapon as a relayer. Plus I'm about to get another leveling deed, that I will probably use for a relayer.

2. What's the reward for completing the Mercantile Quest? That's ALOT of boards!

3. When I first started I got a rental, but I'm thinking about getting about a bigger rental. How do you switch rentals? If I switch before rent is due will the remainder apply to the new rental?

4. Where's the best place to kill liches? I'm working on a Mistvale quest and I have 64 more to go. I started doing it in Wind, they just spawn so slow.

Anyway thanks in advance. Any other advice is appreciated....
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Re: ??? A few more questions... ???

Post by culichi »

1. pm me ingame and ill try to help you out with what wep is worth leveling and why.

2. mercantile quest is terrible. it is actually a two part quest first the boards then the second part is for leather and that is much harder to complete than the boards part. biggest problem with quest in my opinion is that once you turn in boards you get a timer and you have to turn in the leather before timer ends, if you cant finish the second part in time you fail the quest and lose all the boards and leather you turned in. you could go out and chop all the wood and skin all the leather needed for both parts of the quest BEFORE accepting the quest so that the timer doesnt matter.

3. to end the rental agreement just double click the house sign and go into owner tab where you can "demolish" the house which it doesnt actually do since you dont own the house but it will end rental agreement. i dont think you do get any money back for unused portion of rental week.

4. i know deceit has a lot of liches .
Zanazaz
Adept Scribe

Post by Zanazaz »

1. Okay.

2. I finally found out the reward for the Mercantile Quest. It's an item bless deed. Since you can get one off the token stone for 1,250,000 tokens, which would cost 2,832,000 gold I wasn't sure it's worth doing, but I did the math. If you bought everything you needed off [exex, you would spend 2,606,280 gold, which is a little better. I guess you could gather as much as possible and when time grew short buy the rest and spend less gold.

Then I compared it to using insurance. At 900 gold per death, it would take 3146 deaths to spend 2,832,000 gold.

3. I was going to getting a bigger rental place to start a vendor mall, but I figure there's already enough of those. So I may drop the rental and get another house, or expand the one I have.

4. My spell resist isn't that great. More than three liches and they blast me to heck and back. I may try using a summoned demon there. I would get some mules but my taming skill isn't high enough to control them. Made that mistake once...

Thanks.
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

dont take exex prices too seriously especially with resources. most time when i need to buy resources like ingots or leather from exex i find that the lowest price only has a few hundred units of that resource so you have to keep buying at higher prices. collecting or buying 4k daemonic leather is the main reason not to bother with the quest even though there is a repeatable quest that helps with the daemonic leather its a real grind. if you do want to try it do yourself a favor and wait till you have all the wood and leather you will need before starting the first part of the quest.
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Post by fixxer1963 »

culichi wrote:dont take exex prices too seriously especially with resources. most time when i need to buy resources like ingots or leather from exex i find that the lowest price only has a few hundred units of that resource so you have to keep buying at higher prices. collecting or buying 4k daemonic leather is the main reason not to bother with the quest even though there is a repeatable quest that helps with the daemonic leather its a real grind. if you do want to try it do yourself a favor and wait till you have all the wood and leather you will need before starting the first part of the quest.

Good advice. I almost didn't make the deadline. A guild mate, who had the leather, logged on just a few minutes before I ran out of time.
Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
Zanazaz
Adept Scribe

Post by Zanazaz »

dont take exex prices too seriously especially with resources. most time when i need to buy resources like ingots or leather from exex i find that the lowest price only has a few hundred units of that resource so you have to keep buying at higher prices. collecting or buying 4k daemonic leather is the main reason not to bother with the quest even though there is a repeatable quest that helps with the daemonic leather its a real grind. if you do want to try it do yourself a favor and wait till you have all the wood and leather you will need before starting the first part of the quest.
culichi
Legendary Scribe
Unfortunately I already started it. I might just forget about it. I just finished my first Mistvale quest, and about to start another.