Journey to GM Remove Trap

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Snydly
Expert Scribe

Journey to GM Remove Trap

Post by Snydly »

Hi All;

Many years ago I had started the journey to GM Remove Trap, the gains were slow. I kind of moved to another game while still doing mining/lumber and Bod completions.

I recently decided to finish the journey to GM, dusted of my two rune books with 32 locations to unlock dungeon chests.

Here are the session stats:
89.6 to 90.8 - 4 hrs
90.9 - 92.3 - 5 hrs
92.4 - 93.8 - 3 hrs
93.8 - 94.5 - 1.5 hrs
94.6 - 95.4 - 2 hrs
95.4 - 96.5 - 4 hrs
96.5 - 98.0 - 5 hrs
98.0 - 98.3 - 1 hr
98.3 - 99.3 - 3 hrs
99.6 - 100.0 - 2 hrs.

In general I found I averaged about 0.3 gains per hour, and most of these gains came from one critical chest. What do I mean by critical chest ... it is a chest that is at the cusp of your skill, you will get 3 or 4 gains from it and then it unlocks for you. By far these are the most important dungeon chests to find.

I have since bought a 120 Disarm scroll and my skill has climbed to 102.5 through Casual unlocking dungeon chests and treasure maps(yes I have gotten a rare oddball gain from devious T maps at 102 skill). Most of my gains have been from Blaze/Agapite Locked dungeon chests.

Snydly of Excelsior
Snydly
Expert Scribe

Re: Journey to GM Remove Trap

Post by Snydly »

I went from 102.5 to 103.2 on one chest in Trinsic bank, Best ever gain from one chest.

Up to 104.2 after casual Dungeon Chest trapping, while hunting balrons and daemons.
Ironfaced
Passer by

Post by Ironfaced »

So ive been trying to raise my Remove Trap also, but im just starting. Ive trained at trainer but have not gained a single point in it yet, i try and use it on every chest i do in dungeons and T Hunting but have not gained a single point. Something not working?
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

your skill might be too low to gain off of dungeon chests yet. try using skill on little square pouches you can buy from npc provisioner cast magic trap on the pouch before using remove trap skill on it. once pouches stop giving you any gains then move on to dungeon chests.
Ironfaced
Passer by

Post by Ironfaced »

Awww go thinking Culichi, I did not think of this......I will give it a shot and report back!
Snydly
Expert Scribe

Post by Snydly »

I think Culichi has given some good advice. If you want to try a chest then you should try the chests in Vesper Bank ... the group of crates in the NW room with Shadow Iron Locks on them.

An update for my journey ... I have been getting gains on Lvl 4 - Cleverly skilled Treasure Maps which have Valorite Locks on them. As well my gains have grown on Dungeon Chests on Blaze Lock chests. I am at 106.7 skill right now.
Snydly
Expert Scribe

Post by Snydly »

An update for my journey ... I have been getting gains on Lvl 4 - Cleverly skilled Treasure Maps which have Valorite Locks on them. I have been doing many Tmaps in the past 2 weeks and I am at 109.1 skill right now. The gains have been coming from lvl 4 Cleverly T maps.
Snydly
Expert Scribe

Post by Snydly »

I have made it to 110.0 Remove Trap, I continue to make gains on Cleverly T maps and I also forced myself back to dungeon chests to make sure you can gain from those. I got a gain on a Dungeon chest for my 110.1 point gain. 8)
Snydly
Expert Scribe

Post by Snydly »

I recently made it to 111.0 in Remove Trap Skill, the skill from 110.7 to 111.0 was achieved on dungeon chests. :nod: