Nightmares spawn?

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Chronos69
Expert Scribe

Nightmares spawn?

Post by Chronos69 »

Hi. I wanted to tame a Nightmare (I don't have any super pet by now so I think I would go the old dragon+nightmare way by now).

I went to the end of KiRin Passage but... there's no nightmare around...

Where do they spawn on this server?

EDIT: Btw, what pet would you recommend me since I only have 100 a.taming?
Darkood
Eless
Master Scribe

Re: Nightmares spawn?

Post by Eless »

There are nightmares in the terathan keep and also in one of the dungeons in Ilshenar that I know (I think its Ankh dungeon).

I also really liked the dragon-nightmare (or actually white wyrm-nightmare) combo back in the days.
But here you should start with mules, since there is this pet breeding system here you can get a mule that has 1000 str/hp...
Then you can switch to a pack of Nobles, they have less str but have a pack instinct that gives them 200% dmg bonus when you have 5 of them. After that imps (imprisoned pets).
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

You can recall to almost any of the bally spaw spots in the game and get a nightmare to tame. that was my jam for ages (sometimes a hyrue once they came out) but, here the nightmare dragon combo is just for role-playing to old times sake. if you looking for utility a mule is a way to go, they are rather cheap and very useful. even if you can only buy 1 you can ride it, jump off say all kill and then heal it with [cs Touchoflife while shooting arrows from your yumi and have 3 to 10 times the dmg output of a night mear/dragon you tamed.
memowolf
Journeyman Scribe

Post by memowolf »

If you are a new player, nightmares spawn in Mistvale. In the Demon dungeon (bottom right sparkle if I remember correctly. On the 2nd, 3rd and 4th floor you can tame them and there are lots of them. Just be careful at the 1st floor demons. See if someone can help you clear them out.
Chronos69
Expert Scribe

Post by Chronos69 »

I tried to summon the newbie champ to get the mule, with the nightmare+dragon I have no problem there since the npcs don't attack me, but seems extremely slow to summon it...

So, it's not possible to do it alone?
Darkood
Versales
Elder Scribe

Post by Versales »

Hello,

It is quite possible to solo the newbie champ. However, you would most likely need a full set of maxed miles to finish it up. The mule that survives the boss kill is NOT powerful, it’s actually quite weak. They need to be bred to become powerful. I would suggest looking around for either Wil’s or Andy Barrington’s vendors. If I recall correctly, both of them sell bred pets at a reasonable price.

Also, to answer your edit - you can use just about any pet as long as it’s bred. I used to use chickens and rats that I would buy from someone. They had 1000hp and str. Really kicked some tail.
Valorian in game!