New players

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Chronos69
Expert Scribe

New players

Post by Chronos69 »

Hi. The last time I played UO was like 10 years ago.

I started today playing on this server, but I'm pretty lost.

I don't even remember what are the first steps to take after creating a fresh character...

Can I get some advices? What to do to start growing a character. What skills to train (and how, please). How to get my first gear. Where to go first...

Well, you know... what would be your first steps if you start fresh as I am.

Thanks!
Darkood
Animol
Elder Scribe

Re: New players

Post by Animol »

For starters, read this: http://www.uoex.net/wiki/New_Players_Guide I know it's a wall of text but that page has been created for a reason and it'll answer a lot of your questions.
Chronos69
Expert Scribe

Post by Chronos69 »

Good. Thanks.

I guess Ill start as a tamer... I found an easy macro to level up animal lore, but seems a bit harder with animal taming.
Any advice on how to train it a bit faster?
Darkood
Pawpy
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Pawpy »

You can follow the Animal Taming Guide here: http://www.uoex.net/wiki/Leveling_Guide

You can train taming to 120 by crafting if you really wanted to. Just need a Pet Brush to craft Taming skill related items and the mats needed for each. Not hard to obtain for most items.
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

Make sure to hit the training room. Located on the World Tele under custom, training room. Grab a green dirk, equip it and attack a trainer. Work through all dirks son you get the combat skills. These will get you to 75 skill and boost your stats a bit in the process. Then visit the new player donation room through the bluenportal in Town Center. Look in the chests form some starter gear.
Chronos69
Expert Scribe

Post by Chronos69 »

I'm trying to get a 100% LRC, but even with sucky stats looks pretty expensive...

Any advice on how to get a cheap suit?
Darkood
Fist
Elder Scribe

Post by Fist »

Ping me in game, I have some LRC gear Ill give you.
Chronos69
Expert Scribe

Post by Chronos69 »

I will! I'm Darkood ingame.
Darkood