LockPick KeyHolder

Don't know how something works? Here you will find some useful links. And if you have a question, feel free to ask.
Bella Lafluer
Passer by

LockPick KeyHolder

Post by Bella Lafluer »

I was wondering if there were a set of keys that would hold your colored lockpicks for treasure hunting, dungeon chest crawling? I find myself constantly carrying around 20 of each lockpick and getting killed so I keep losing them as a newbie I cannot always make it back to my body nor do I always have the bank cash to reclaim my corpse :( Also, is there a master key to carry all the dang keys you have to carry? Lol
Thanks,
Bella
Eless
Master Scribe

Re: LockPick KeyHolder

Post by Eless »

You just need one set (preferably platinum), you don't have to carry lockpicks of different material.
Deadwerd
Elder Scribe

Re: LockPick KeyHolder

Post by Deadwerd »

If you have platinum lockpicks, you should be good on all possible lockpicking endeavors. If a chest has a "Verite" lock, it just means you are more likely to succeed in unlocking the chest with a "Verite" or higher tier lockpick, and less likely to succeed using weaker lockpicks. This means that using "Platinum" lockpicks will always give you the best possible chance of unlocking a chest. Just remember that your Lockpicking skill has a lot to do with your success, too!

I do like the idea of a "Master Key" that holds all of your keys, though. The top 20% of my backpack is taken up by keys. It makes my backpack seem much more cluttered than it actually is, and I prefer traveling with my keys for crafting on the move, rather than having to jump to the bank or home to get my keys just to craft one item really quick, or put away a resource.
'Deadwerd' in game, 'Deadwerd' onstage.