Where is Neve DeLeon?

Grab a cup of coffe and attend to the more simple things in life.
moonsongtx
Elder Scribe

Where is Neve DeLeon?

Post by moonsongtx »

Hi all! :) First off, let me say that I have missed everyone so much! Real life has been extremely busy lately though and has had to come first.

Many of you knew that last year and part of the year before I had been homeschooling the little boy of a friend of mine. He has some health issues that make him have both learning disabilities and behavior issues. He was able to get the behavior issues worked out in changes of medication though, and returned to public school this past fall.... just in time for his sister to start having issues with the day care owner where she attended daycare (they had a newborn in the daycare.... and the daycare owner was making 3 and 4 year olds stop talking completely when the baby was asleep.... yes, really *LOL*) So... I switched gears and took on caring and teaching a 4 year old. I had advance notice at least.... unfortunately, the upteen million things I created to teach preschool were way way way too immature for this kiddo. We did preschool for maybe a week. She is now 5 years old and when she starts public school in a few months she can technically go into first grade. LOL

So all of this past year, I have had her for 11 hours a day, plus her brother before and after school for about 3 hours total a day.... and in November I had added two neighbor girls for before and after school as well. This summer, I have all 4 for 11 hours a day. So by the time I get home at night, I'm exhausted and usually after taking care of the dog (more on her in a few), I crawl into bed until hubby gets home at 8:30. Dinner and back to bed then *LOL*

The other thing new in my life? Kaia. She is a sweet Rat Terrier (that is afraid of rats, by the way *LOL*) that I got back in July on a trip home to Texas for a visit. She was a month old when I got her and she just turned 1 year. She is a wonderful addition to my life but she does not like me to sit at my desktop computer unless she is in my arms. So she makes doing anything really hard. LOL

Come Fall though, I should be on more during the day, at least until I figure out a job that allows me to work only between 9 and 3 every day *LOL* I'll still have all four kids before and after school.

Here are the four kids that take up so much of my day (The silly one in the back is the one I have had this year all day.):

And here is my sweet Kaia and I on her 1st birthday!
Charon
Elder Scribe

Re: Where is Neve DeLeon?

Post by Charon »

Well...… I shall never mention being tired again or that I had a long day.... my tired pales in comparison to your version or tired!

Good for you for taking in the kids and schooling them and helping them.
Both of us got dogs last year i see.
I rescued a 4 month old shepherd pup who was 36hrs away from being put down due to what will be likely life long heath issues.
glad you were able to pop in a check on us.
Stay in touch Neve!
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

hey neve!! its nice to hear from you :D
paulus
Elder Scribe

Post by paulus »

Awesome to hear you are going well :)

*The silly ones up the back*