The Excelsior Gaudí

Grab a cup of coffe and attend to the more simple things in life.
Silent
Legendary Scribe

The Excelsior Gaudí

Post by Silent »

Hey guys,

As you may or not know, Antoni Gaudí was a very famous architect who made incredible buildings. He is mostly famous for La Sagrada Familia a huge cathedral whose construction started in 1882 and is still being built today . Many of his buildings present very unique features and are very "modern" for the time they were constructed. Has it happens the same goes for our lovely shard and our many architects that live here. Many houses present very modern and futuristic patterns while others remain very conservative for the time line in which the game is.

I therefore created this post to keep it as a log of the many projects built by our Excelsior Gaudís and to forever keep record of the magnificent and beautiful buildings that many players through the years have created in these lands.

I invite you all to leave your projects here (old ones too if you have pictures of them) to show everyone that comes by our architectural history :)

Kind regards to you all,

-------------------Drone picture tutorial: -----------------------
-Open paint or Power point
-Switch to full screen maximum resolution in ultima client
-take print screen
-past on program
-move a few tiles
take new print screen
-in the end you can take a print screen of the full mounted image and save it
note: try to move enough to place over your character so it doesn't look like you mass spawned or edit using photoshop or other programs for those who keep it simple this is the simplest way
Last edited by Silent on Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lurking the forums since dec 2012
Animol
Elder Scribe

Re: The Excelsior Gaudí

Post by Animol »

Great idea! Let me start with The Excelsior Classic. This list could never be considered complete without such timeless masterpiece ;)

Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

well played.. the flat plank of potential
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
Eos
Master Scribe

Post by Eos »

Ah yes! I can see the resemblance!

While looking it up I read some speculation that Gaudi's name was the origin of "gaudy", meaning "flashy, showy, bright, often clashing colors or excessive ornamentation." However, further reading shows the pairing is but coincidence, as the word dates back to at least the 16th century in the English 'gaud' for "joke, plaything", itself a descendant of the Latin "gaudere" for "take delight in". In Catalan, gaudir means "rejoice; gets your rocks off". That said, as an architect admiring this artist's work, I have, nonetheless, definitely, definitely been guilty, a time or two, eh heh, of that modern meaning, as well as English meaning, and would hope to be worthy of this man's namesake meaning, and certainly aspire to that most antiquated!

Having said that, I'm starting with this neither illustratively gaudy nor Gaudí house, because it's tiny. This is a beach house on Amoeba Island, which is located here:

For years it was the only house on the island, but in recent months, someone managed to find another space to place. Nevertheless, it's still a lot like having the entire island to oneself:

"Here are wonders supernatural!" Also for years, the island was over-populated with silver serpents, and so in spite my intent to visit as a peaceful escape, I would rarely go! However, lately I've noticed little to no serpent spawn, and instead, an infiltration of wisps, which, are truly charming:

Could use a dock, eh?

The bottom floor is an open bar. Still haven't cleaned up the mess from when I baked my last guest a bug surprise.*

*Into, into a bug surprise. :)

And the top floor features walk-in sleeping accommodations for 2... ooOOOooo ♡

Silent
Legendary Scribe

Post by Silent »

Lovely house EOS ! Perhaps after a fishing trip I'll stop by for refreshments :D
The mess didn't "BUG" me at all hahaha (I'll show myself out)
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

I like this post so much that I'd like to see it thrive more, and see what the shard has creativity wise, the day of the GOT Premiere, Pheobe & I will look at this thread, check it out, and I will give 2million gold to whomever she decides is the best (being realistic).

JDI Land is ineligable from this prize (sorry guys)

So.. The JDI property exists outside of magda in Luna, to begin I will post the "helecopter" shot.

Lots More to come
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

I love these zoomed out photos!
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
tiggerjlk
Elder Scribe

Post by tiggerjlk »

Yoda wrote: Lots More to come
If I didn't know any better, I would think that was a Minecraft screenshot
Soylentgreen
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

hmmm.. not sure what you mean by that..

this is the basement of my "fishing" house in a swamp somewhere in tokuno, always liked making things that shouldn't be in uo.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

easily my favorite 18x18 basement on the shard, this is by IMO one of the shard's finest designers/decoscientists/etc and all round awesome dude Fatuus.
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Dumb question...how do you guys get the screen to zoom out like that???
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

multiple screenshots aligned and stiched together.. since colibri liked it so well I "flew the helecopter" over his place

this exposes the technique more.. or I cloned myself you decide

culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

one of my favorite houses on the server eos. theres some treasure map spots on the same screen so ill usually stop in the house for a break when im doing maps.
Silent
Legendary Scribe

Post by Silent »

Hey guys, it took me a while to work this large picture thingy. Thank you Yoda for explaining it to me haha

So this is my house :) I didn't like the black stone the castles are made of so I decided to make my own out of the yellow stone and themed to be a templar keep haha

I would like to be able to expand further in the future and make it a small village but that will probably take a few years or so... Feel free to visit it! I believe it's North exit of Magda umbra and its to the left of the road not very far from bridge. You can also use the linked house gates (green south-east then straight south).

Here is a link to the image:
https://i.ibb.co/QQ1YBLv/House.jpg
Octavius Thorn
Elder Scribe

Post by Octavius Thorn »

Always love these kind of threads gonna throw my home into the mix. You can get there from the top floor south side of the house gate selection on the world teleporter
Attachments
Garden UOEX 4.jpg
Garden UOEX 4.jpg (285.49 KiB) Viewed 6179 times
Garden UOEX 3.jpg
Garden UOEX 3.jpg (281.07 KiB) Viewed 6187 times
Garden UOEX 2.jpg
Garden UOEX 2.jpg (271.12 KiB) Viewed 6179 times
Garden UOEX 1.jpg
Garden UOEX 1.jpg (283.56 KiB) Viewed 6195 times