My absence

Grab a cup of coffe and attend to the more simple things in life.
Deadwerd
Elder Scribe

My absence

Post by Deadwerd »

Hello all, long time no see. For anyone who's been wondering where I've been the past few months, here's a brief explanation. I've been dealing with a lot of issues IRL. For starters, I've been having some money struggles and have had to relocate. To top it off, my desktop computer AND my laptop I built from scratch ended up with severe water damage in the move, and am now in a legal battle with the moving company over it. If I didn't have nearly $5,000 in just those two computers, I probably would of let it slide, but it was a severe hit for me. I currently have internet where I am living now, but only have a tablet and a phone, so I haven't been able to get my UOEX fix for quite some time, and it will likely be a few more months before I am settled and gaming again. I apologize to anyone and everyone who has been wondering if I quit or was banned. I'll be back soon, friends, I promise!
'Deadwerd' in game, 'Deadwerd' onstage.
Argis
Apprentice Scribe

Re: My absence

Post by Argis »

While I don't know you personally, I wish you luck. Hopefully you get your computers replaced sooner rather than later, and by their insurance!
lnickos
Expert Scribe

Post by lnickos »

See you again later this year, Deadwerd.
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

my first reaction was "good, I'm glad he hasn't left us" but, then I realized your absence was caused by real-life problems and it was kinda selfish of me to be glad you had problems and hadn't left us. Hope things approved look forward to seeing you in-game soon.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

I moved to the opposite coast a few years ago. The laptop came on the plane with me in a carry on while the hard drives for my most important computer were in the checked luggage. Those are the most important of my personal items, the irreplaceable ones. I can't imagine trusting them to a moving truck where they'll be out of my custody for weeks transiting who knows what roads and weather.
Semzz
Expert Scribe

Post by Semzz »

Hello friend, i just wanted to mention a couple things, 1. make sure you email @colibri to inform him that you are unable to log in due to the circumstances to hopefully ensure that your account does'nt get wiped for inactivity. it happened to me once and i was very sad, it was fun rebuilding but a sad lesson learned. 2. i worked for many moving companies in my life and the majority of them are very unscrupulous. even if you win the court fight and they have to pay, most moving companies trick you into signing off to a .60 cents per pound valuation at the beginning of the move. If that's the case they will only be liable for the weight of your computer/laptop times .60c which will not come close to covering the actual cost.

Good luck with everything, i wish you a speedy recovery.

Regards,
Semzz
VeT Guild
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

The OPs post is nearly 3 years old guys. No need be replying.

+C you need a forum moderator badly
TDC Guild
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

We do need to do something about the troll ads that plague the forum at times... but, ppl legit talking to each other/someone we miss? maybe just STFU and scroll on... *scrolls on*
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

I think there was a spammer, Wil replied to the post, but the post was removed, and now it looks out of context.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Triel
Passer by

Post by Triel »

Hey, guys, still new here, probably 13 game days today & my comp just crashed!!! Taking it in tomorrow, not sure how long it'll take to fix or replace... Please, Please don't delete my acct!!! Thank you!!!
Cerrera
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cerrera »

Triel wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:03 pm
Hey, guys, still new here, probably 13 game days today & my comp just crashed!!! Taking it in tomorrow, not sure how long it'll take to fix or replace... Please, Please don't delete my acct!!! Thank you!!!
No worries- Your account will be kept safe after you last log off for the same time that you have been online with it.
( But at minimum 6 months. And maximum 3 years.)

source is https://www.uoex.net/codex/accounting
Triel
Passer by

Post by Triel »

Thank you! I should have another as soon as I order & Dell delivers! Still trying to get this one to at least be able to vote for shard. :)