EXCELSIOR DAILY

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Colibri
Administrator

Re: EXCELSIOR DAILY

Post by +Colibri »

Big auction this Sunday at 10PM shard time. That's 4PM EST and 1PM PST.

To check out the server time, type [time in the game.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

As announced by my ISP, there will probably be an approx 1 hour downtime on November 20th 2008 sometime between 3AM and 6AM shard time. Let's hope they'll stop upgrading soon hehe, the more they maintain the more laggy it gets.

:sick:

P.S.: Called them, they say that the reason the connection has been acting up is due to a faulty switch, which has been repaired temporarily for now, and tonight they will be replacing it with a proper new one. Let's hope it fixes it.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

1. There will be a house drop (account wipe) on Sunday November 23rd at 6 PM shard time (Noon EST, 9AM PST).

An account gets wiped if:
you have less than 1 hour gametime and havent logged in for over 1 month, or,
you have less than 10 hours gametime and havent logged in for over 2 months, or,
you have less than 100 hours gametime and havent logged in for over 3 months, or,
if you have over 100 hours gametime, and havent logged in for over 6 months.

Please note that these timers may change in the future.

2. Don't forget about the downtime today!

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

HOUSE DROP RESCHEDULED to 6PM shard time that same day (Noon EST, 9AM PST). That's 4 hours before the original schedule.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Zandor
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by +Zandor »

+Colibri wrote:About messaging staff - please note that lately there's been a whole lot of people online and the best thing to do is to use the page system in your paperdoll. Please page, and the staff member who is currently online will help you. (we hope to get a few more soon).

But we know that there's some things that you just need done personally, so if it's something that you need to contact a staffmember directly, via a private message, please follow these guidelines:
- If it's a general UO question, please check stratics or the forums. If you can't find it, ask other players in chat or on the forum.
- PLEASE DON'T ask things such as "are you here?" or "can i ask you a question?". Ask directly.
- If you need us to look at an item or change anything, don't ask "hi there do you have time?", followed by "i have something interesting for you", followed by "come here please". Please tell directly what it is you want and where that item is stored. It can take just 1 minute to check it, but if there's many irrelevant questions meanwhile, it can actually take days before we finally get to the point.

If possible get a GM to help you... +Rayne and I already got a whole lot on our hands. It's kinda inconvenient if I have spend a good portion of my time to reply to messages such as "where can i tame a mule" and "my mule is bugged i cant put an unlimited weight there" :)

Just thought id Bump this for the new players
What will you do without freedom......
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

December donation bonus: 30% extra ED with every donation!

http://www.uoex.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1205

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

A note for the newer players:

Please know that although the players on our shard are very friendly, and some might even give you nice free items or even gold, you cannot demand that from anyone. The ones before you got where they are through hard work and good resource management. You cannot expect to be on the level of a great veteran in just a few days or weeks.

If you need something, of course you can ask in chat, but please don't spam. And if you don't get a reply, just try to reach your goal somehow else.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

1. New staff
2. About server issues today

1. Please welcome two new counselors to our team of gods, +Tyrik and +Neptune. They will do their best to help with your everyday problems.

2. There was some instability with the server today, for which i'm sorry, i wish i could have gotten it up sooner. There was a piece of code in the portal system - the part where you see your archived messages - that kept the server very busy. And this is also what caused some lagging and mostly the 20-30 second saves. I've just saved and we're back to about 8 seconds.

For some time, the portal archived messages will not be available. No ETA when that will be fixed i'm afraid, but might be by the weekend.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Mini auction Sunday at 22:30 shard time (that's 4:30 PM EST, 1:30 PM PST). The auction will be ran by +Osiris. We'll sell the player submitted items, and a few nice items contributed by the staff :)

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Organics have been put on a repeating auction. 1k will be sold every 17 hours till sometime in the beginning of January.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Just want to remind you all that we have Excelsior Shops, you can get there if you go through the gate at the Town Center (next to the newbie donation room). If there's anyone out there who wants a shop there and would keep it stocked, just contact one of the GMs so they can transfer the ownership of an empty house to you.

The shops are free for now, but when we are out of room we will start charging a monthly or weekly fee (not determined yet, somewhere around 200k per month)

(Don't forget: The shops there can have only 1 story (if you build up to the 1st floor, then you can only use the mini walls))

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Big auction this weekend! Well to be precise, two auctions!

The First auction will be on Saturday December 20th at midnight shard time (6PM EST, 3PM PST).
Second auction will be on Sunday December 21st at 10PM shard time (4PM PST, 1PM PST).

Both auctions will have identical items, however if you buy an item at the first auction you will not be allowed to bid on that same item at the second auction (this goes for the staff submitted items).

The player submitted items will be as regularly, submitted before each auction. So if the submission box is filled up by Saturday, just wait until the end of the first auction and drop the items in the golden chest so they will be submitted at the 2nd auction.
IMPORTANT: Please only drop things that you expect the price to go above 50k. For example, an 8% LRC leather chest isn't such a desired item and would not be sold at the auction.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Bump! Don't forget to join the auction :)

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Beekeepers: are currently disabled. You can buy hive tools at the gold stone for now. They will be enabled as soon as i can get a good restart of the server.

Lots of fun today at the auction, I'm hoping to see as many of you as possible.

Oh, and at one time we had 119 players online :) so, milestone broken :)

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Two new Master of the Arts champions:
- If you enter felucca through the main entrance, and go straight west, you will come to the newbie MOA champ. Entrance allowed only to those with account age under 3 weeks. It spawns more frequently than the other MOAs.
- Somewhere in a large area around that is the third open MOA. It spawns at the same rate as the other two open MOAs.

(Old Colibrian proverb)