EXCELSIOR DAILY

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Colibri
Administrator

Re: EXCELSIOR DAILY

Post by +Colibri »

Stronger wooden box raffle was just fixed. Although it was set with a 3-day (72 hour) interval, i forgot to enable the auto-restock feature and so the raffle was blank for the last 5 days.

It's now set with a 48 hour (2 day) interval which means there should be another 9 of these raffled off, making that 10 total (with the one raffled on the 12th of december).
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Events Sunday 22nd, 2023:

20:00 shard time - Trivia: UO Lore themed.
21:00 shard time - Global Champion Spawn - all champions will be respawned, with gates leading to all locations from the Town Center.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Some administrative news:

- Website downtime on Saturday morning shard time, looks like it was fixed soon after I left. Those who couldn't vote, unfortunately nothing can be done about it. But if you are aiming at the consecutive-voting-days achievements, don't worry, an anti-achievement-reset configuration was added so that missing that day won't get your achievement reset.

- Forum spammers, something about a crypto pump. I wanted to remedy that by changing our forum signup "password" which is something anyone who plays here would know. However, the spammers are using existing accounts of actual legit players, probably abusing a leaked database of username-password pairs. And just trying their best all over the internet, spamming their crypto scam thing, of the probably million tries per day they make, they probably succeed in posting a few posts on various forums with various accounts. I'll see how I can tackle that, when this started there were 2 spam not far apart, then nothing for a while and I thought we're already past this, but this might go on for a while.

- I fell ill on Tuesday, I'm quite ok now. A little behind on things, but I'll get in sync.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

It's now possible to change your forum username, to match the name of your in-game character (the name for which you are known for).

https://www.uoex.net/codex/services/misc

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

The next IDOC event is scheduled for April 15th, 23:00 shard time.

I have just sent out emails to all inactive players with a house who have entered their address into the [account menu. Btw, I was initially planning for the IDOC to be on Aprril 1st but after a few days went by, it was already too late to send out the emails, wanted to give a bit more advance notice.

For those who are searching for houses with "In danger of collapse" status, keep in mind that many of the houses that right now still show as "Greatly worn" will turn into "In danger of collapse" 10 days from now, so on April 5th late in the evening.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Just a note on "Poor man's 1k refund" item that was sold as a poor-man's-item at the auction in February 2022, I wanted to take those back and refund the 1k, but well so much time has passed and probably some of these items were already traded forward, so I'll just leave them in. There are 64 of them out there.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

IDOC event this weekend, at 23:00 shard time.
That's 1am *SUNDAY NIGHT* for europeans.
7pm US east coast, 6pm central, or 4pm pacific.

When a house is destroyed, the items inside drop to the ground and can be taken by anyone. Note that some items get wiped, such as currency, and stuff that's on the vendor stones (e.g. what's in the deco room, personal vendors...) are wiped. The house leaves an outline that is protected from placing houses, so it's not possible to swipe the area right away or to prevent others from walking around and taking items. All items decay after about 2 hours (since items decay every world save, but only those that have been on the ground.

I've sent out emails to people who's houses are in danger of collapse. Since this was over 2 weeks ago, the players who have received it and refreshed their accounts, their houses no longer show as "greatly worn" or "in danger of collapse". Still, the have 3 more days to refresh, so it's possible that a house that currently shows as IDOC would switch to "Like new" since then.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Donation bonus this week and Auction next weekend.

There's a donation bonus active this week, the bonus item is Sunglasses deed! Ends this Sunday (June 18th) so be sure to get yours while you can :)

I'm announcing a grand auction for next weekend, June 24th at 22:00 shard time and June 25th at 19:00 shard time. I will open a fresh thread with the list of items.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Forum accounts activated: there was a problem with the forum system sending activation links via email, so there were a few dozen accounts pending activation. I have just activated them all, so in case you're waiting for this, just so you know you can now login. (In case you have a pending ticket about this issue, or sent an email i havent replied yet)

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Topsite voting stone and rewards. For a while now, the topsite voting stone that gives rewards for voting has had a very low setting on how much you have to vote for the session to be rewardable, because of all things going on I couldn't also be handling tickets about this. And most people caught on that you can just vote on one site, and you could even pick the one that doesn't have a captcha, and be done with it very quickly. I have now configured it with a more moderate configuration. At times when I'm at the computer, when I'm able to handle incoming tickets right away, it will also be set to a strict configuration, where you have to vote on all of the big-bold links to qualify for the reward (the voting session can fail if just one of the sites is offline or doesn't send a confirmation back to the shard, that's why this is only for when I'm at the computer so I can manually override anything if there's a need).

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Perhaps a week-long event: Starting this Sunday (September 24th) at 18:00 shard time. A week-long skillup race/marathon.
Still coding it, so I'm not yet sure if it will be ready, but looks like it.

Signups will be at a special Marathon Stone which will be put up a few hours before, but late entries will be possible.
To enter, you will need an alt character. You can also use your main one if you want. When the contest begins, the character's skills will be reset to 0 and stats to 100 each. Then you have a whole week (168 hours) to get your skills as far as you can. The next Sunday, October 1st at 18:00 shard time, the contest will end. The skills and stats of all participats will be restored to what they were before it started. This time we're just going very simple - no rules or restrictions. You can even use skill balls if you want. Next iteration we can limit skillballs/elixiers/essences and maybe make additional tweaks.
Not yet sure about the prizes, probably a relayer deed or similar for the winner, along with plenty of +10 deeds for runners up, maybe some skill balls, etc.

A dedicated thread for this event will be posted when it's ready.

Halloween dungeon is planned to open an hour or two after this contest ends.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

- Website email system fixed. The online password reset form and forum activation by-email didn't work. Both things work now.

- The winter quest area has opened last weekend. There are some technical problems, I have about 10 tickets in queue but I haven't yet read thru them all to figure out if it's all the same issue or different, or maybe different symptoms of the same underlying problem.. I'll try to fix this in the next few days.

- The December donation bonus is active, all until January 2nd.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Winter event closing and next IDOC.

The winter event area will close this Sunday, at 23:59 shard time.

The next IDOC is scheduled for January 13th, at 22:00 shard time.
(That's 5pm eastern, 4pm central, 2pm pacific; 11pm central europe; 9am sunday morning for most australians)

There's also going to be an auction this weekend: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14409

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

There was an issue with the website opening very slowly, since yesterday. I just found that there was a web crawler, blocked it and let's hope that's the end of that :)

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

A note on the upcoming House Drop aka IDOC.
I had a few unanswered emails in my Inbox, from players who got notifications but can't login. Just went thru all of them, so there are probably a few houses out there that shown as "In danger of collapse" but are now "Like new". So if you have a list of high-priority houses that you intend to recall to at the time, check if all of those are still in IDOC status so you won't lose precious seconds.

The IDOC is scheduled for January 13th, at 22:00 shard time.

(Old Colibrian proverb)