AUCTION March 28th!

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Kimane
Novice Scribe

AUCTION March 28th!

Post by +Kimane »

Hello everyone, hope you are all having a lovely day. There will be an auction on Sunday, March 28th 2021, at 21:00 shard time (as +Colibri already mentioned). Here is the list of the items that you can already see displayed in the display room. If you have any questions, ask away. :)

Ethereal Sphynx
Night Sight deed
Personal World Teleporter
Sash of Animal Lore (+8 bonus)
Gazer on perch
Ethereal Dye Tub
-1 control slots for ethereal mount
Armor Piercing Dip tub
Rabbit Pen Large addon
RabbitPen
EggColoringTable2014
LampPostFlickering
FlowerBoat
BloodyScarecrow
SandCastle
SarcofagusLadyClosed
Stockade
Green Stasis Chamber
BloodySkullCarpet
AubussonRug
TentTall3x3
HoleInTheGround
Treasure3
beanerman
Master Scribe

Re: AUCTION March 28th!

Post by beanerman »

The green stasis chamber is spoken for so no one needs to bother trying lol
The almost famous Mr. J
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

Is this the full list or partial list? If the purpose of an auction is to sink gold...not sure the items listed above will be very successful with that.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Muolke wrote:Is this the full list or partial list? If the purpose of an auction is to sink gold...not sure the items listed above will be very successful with that.
Regular auctions are 20-25 items. Grand auctions 40+ items. Not every auction has to be about setting new records.
If there's nothing on the list you're interested in, there's plenty of games out there that you can use to fill the time. If you're trying to be a non-constructive boss around here, we don't have such a position open.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

+Kimane wrote:-1 control slots for ethereal mount
Will this reduce a 0-slot mount to -1 so that when mounted I can have an additional pet out, sort of like how the -100 sandals can give negative weight?
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

+Colibri wrote:
Muolke wrote:Is this the full list or partial list? If the purpose of an auction is to sink gold...not sure the items listed above will be very successful with that.
Regular auctions are 20-25 items. Grand auctions 40+ items. Not every auction has to be about setting new records.
If there's nothing on the list you're interested in, there's plenty of games out there that you can use to fill the time. If you're trying to be a non-constructive boss around here, we don't have such a position open.
I think you may be wrong on the record part, it may just set the record for the least amount of gold sunk of any auction. Sorry I don't rubber stamp everything like some other players. Just calling it like I see it.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Wil wrote:Will this reduce a 0-slot mount to -1 so that when mounted I can have an additional pet out, sort of like how the -100 sandals can give negative weight?
Goes down to zero, but not lower. Well, since there's no 2-slot ethies out there, this might better be labeled as "make ethy mount be zero slots"
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

I like the looks of the hole and the tent. This isn't an ancient titan's hammer + water house auction so it won't fetch titans/house prices but it still has items which I find interesting.
Nick
Legendary Scribe
Location: PA native, liveing in NC right now Moveing to TX in march

Post by Nick »

Hole in the ground does look good... would be even cooler if it was a real hole and would allow you to fall through it into the basement of a house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

The hole looks really cool I think.

Honestly reckon a "Remove Night Sight malus from an item" deed would be more coveted than the "Add night sight" deed. Night sight ruins the games reasonably nice lighting features. Plus all 3rd party apps have an inbuilt night sight feature.

Auction falls at 8am Monday morning for us Aussies so I'll be at work. If someone wants to try and win the hole on my behalf [pm John Warren in game. Would be super sweet if we could occasionally get different times instead of Sunday evening for these auctions. Same time but on Saturday puts it at some point on the weekend for everyone around the world...

As usual, thanks for the auction tho.
JOHNNY WARREN!
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Nick wrote:Hole in the ground does look good... would be even cooler if it was a real hole and would allow you to fall through it into the basement of a house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I figure some tinkering with a house to house teleport.
Gates
Passer by

Post by Gates »

qbf wrote:Honestly reckon a "Remove Night Sight malus from an item" deed would be more coveted than the "Add night sight" deed.
Seconded. So much so I wish they could just be bought with tokens or a reasonable level of ED. Not having Night Sight in no way provides an advantage for a player, would be nice if we could just remove it without much hassle or cost.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Auction Results:

Sphinx sold to Dark Phantom for 35,000,000 Gold
Night Sight Deed sold to culichi for 1,000,000 Gold
Personal World Teleporter sold to ZeeeQi for 43,000,000 Gold
Tamer Sash Of Animal Lore sold to ZeeeQi for 13,000,000 Gold
A Deed For A Gazer sold to Muolke for 15,000,000 Gold
3x Ethereal Dye Tub sold to Semtex for 41,000,000 Gold
-1 Follower Slots For An Ethereal Mount Deed sold to Alejandro for 33,000,000 Gold
Armor Piercing Dip Tub sold to Nick of Old for 1,900,000 Gold
Rabbit Pen Large East sold to Muolke for 8,000,000 Gold
EggColoringTable2014 sold to Arrow for 6,600,000 Gold
Lamp Post sold to Que for 3,700,000 Gold
FlowerBoat sold to Muolke for 9,000,000 Gold
BloodyScarecrow sold to Alejandro for 1,000,000 Gold
SandCastle sold to Zeratul for 5,000,000 Gold
SarcofagusLadyClosed sold to Dragor VonDau for 3,100,000 Gold
StockadeEastAddon sold to Krazow for 3,700,000 Gold
GreenStasisChamber sold to Jean Luc Picard for 24,000,000 Gold
BloodySkullCarpet sold to Darkness Acolyte for 10,000,000 Gold
Aubusson Rug sold to Cameron Majere for 3,000,000 Gold
TentTall3x3 sold to Muolke for 17,000,000 Gold
HoleInTheGround sold to gilga for 33,000,000 Gold
Treasure3 sold to Cameron Majere for 15,000,000 Gold
RabbitPen sold to Arrow for 2,700,000 Gold
Ever Given sold to Muolke for 20,000,000 Gold
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Thanks for the list Wil... As usual the "Night Sight deed" attracts only 1 bid. Trust Me, try the opposite deed, I guarantee you that a "remove night sight deed" would be far more coveted.

Also I know this doesn't get much traction, but please consider alternate time slots for these small auctions. No Aussie with a job can attend anything on Sunday night after 1800 or so (shard time), as that's work time Monday morning here..... I know, I know, do what's better for the majority... But even just making them Saturday means it's Sunday morning for us ... If it's Saturday evening (shard time) then it's the weekend for everyone around the globe..... I'm glad the main day of the grand auction is on Saturday, at least I can attend that one. If it's going to be a permanent fixture make it Saturday then everyone can participate. I don't mind if it rotates through different times or days and I can't attend every single one. But always Sunday evenings is rough beats.

PS listen to me about the night sight deed +C. I was smack on with the Legendary Halberd if I recall correctly...
JOHNNY WARREN!