Grand Auction and IDOC event - Feburary 20-21, 2021

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
davethemage
Grandmaster Scribe

Re: Grand Auction and IDOC event - Feburary 20-21, 2021

Post by davethemage »

Well as someone not living in the states I have to say it is sad that we have 2 auctions one day after the other, and I won't be able to attend any of them... nor will i have a chance at looking at IDOC's. auctions happen at 2am my time and IDOC at 4am my time. would be nice if admin would take international players into account every now and then. Until then there is no point in getting any hopes up for attending any events this shard has...including donations.
IGN: Edwin Roach
Possum12
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Possum12 »

Would be nice if some sort of absentee bidding was possible for those not on US times or who work weekends even.

I've been here for almost 5 years now I think & have only been able to attend 2 auctions (both when I have been on holidays)
Tarkin Lamere in-game
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

davethemage wrote:Well as someone not living in the states I have to say it is sad that we have 2 auctions one day after the other, and I won't be able to attend any of them... nor will i have a chance at looking at IDOC's. auctions happen at 2am my time and IDOC at 4am my time. would be nice if admin would take international players into account every now and then. Until then there is no point in getting any hopes up for attending any events this shard has...including donations.
I wish the Auctions were at 2/4am... that way you can attend no matter what day they falll on. 6-8am is worse, if its a work day, there's no way...
JOHNNY WARREN!
Athena Tenebris
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Athena Tenebris »

I still wish IDOCS were on random timers and not one big event. I know it is not popular opinion, but that kind of covers all time zones, but then you need to be more vigilant in seeking out IDOCS on a regular basis. :)
Matrix
Legendary Scribe

Post by Matrix »

i agree with mage possum qbf and others, i hear that from many players, sunday shard time 22pm means, all east and asian side waking up for monday morning, workday quess 06-08am... from another side, all west and latina side going to sunday pray, quess 12-14pm...

Of course it's impossible to find the perfect time but i think if we can postpone the IDOC events to next Saturday 27, many people will be on vacation and attend to events.

I think events should spread over time, for example every saturday one event much better and exciting, we doing the whole event in one day and all the players are bored on the other days of the month.

Just saying...
Please reply to me:
in-game: [pm Matrix
discord id: Matrixre
(Only checking the forums monthly)
(All prices can be change, ED to Gold to ED)
Otomo
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Otomo »

If i'm not mistaken the last IDOC event was a Saturday last October? I've not got a problem with it being different days each time keeps it mixed and different people can attend different times.

I don't think it should be a set day each event it allows different people to attend, I've missed the last 2 due to work but can attend this one but no point complaining as been at previous ones. Also missed tonight's Grand Auction due to work but again it works for others so no point getting upset by it :)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Bump, the list of items is now on the first post, and they are also on display in the auction display room.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
thuanlinh
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by thuanlinh »

so the power scroll bag is definitely 100 charges? Just want to make sure. Thanks
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Is the blood cauldron able to be a sample for a relayer?
JOHNNY WARREN!
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Late european time: well, it's "attendable" since it's at 22:00 UK or 23:00 EU, there's mostly 30 minutes of looting, after that it's only if you have lots of runes to check. I'll keep in mind for next time, to do this an hour or two earlier.
About the event times overall: saturday and sunday around 20:00-22:00 shard time is when there are most people online, so these events are scheduled then. If it was during the week, there'd probably be more complaints about why it's not on the weekend.
We plan to make some of the monthly auctions during the week, but that's something like 2-3 auctions per year. We might also make "slow" auctions, 1 item sold every 3 hours, and for it to run for 48 hours. But then, half of the items' bidding will end during low hours, around noon shard time. Hmm, silent auction? :D
Absentee bidding: you can pass the gold to a friend, and they buy the stuff at the auction for you.
IDOC as a non-event: for many years, houses on Excelsior fell on a timer, withot any announcement. This gradually fell into obscurity, until only one player remained and recalled around houses, scanning for drops. While this is completely legit (aside from the fact the recalling was mostly done AFK), the final result is that one player got to loot most of the houses. That's why the IDOCs are now announced, and scheduled at times when there's most players online.
@qbf: about sunday evening being monday morning in australia, noted.

Blood cauldron: yes, can be sampled for relayer. And it has a built-in item-appearance-change-deed functionality, like sunglasses, so you can just apply it to an offhand item (shield, torch..)

(Old Colibrian proverb)
thuanlinh
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by thuanlinh »

can anyone tell me if the PS bag is 100 charges or unlimited?
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Yes it's 100 uses.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
davethemage
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by davethemage »

qbf wrote:
I wish the Auctions were at 2/4am... that way you can attend no matter what day they falll on. 6-8am is worse, if its a work day, there's no way...
Well not when you have to wake up at 6am and have a 10 hour workday ahead of you. If it was on a Sunday 2/4am my time that would be cool as it's my one day off a week.
IGN: Edwin Roach
Jaedyn
Passer by

Post by Jaedyn »

TYVM for the IDOC event!!! I had such a great time!!! It was the 1st one I had attended and I must say my blood was pumping, and my heart was racing the entire time!!! I still have NO CLUE what all I have got, but I am sure it will take me a week to get through everything!!! +C and staff as always you guys have made the most of the event and I truly appreciate all of your hard work!! Again, my thanks!!!
twinturbonet
Passer by

Post by twinturbonet »

I missed this event :(, +C any idea when the next IDOC event will be?