Auction January 31st 2020

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Kimane
Novice Scribe

Auction January 31st 2020

Post by +Kimane »

Hello everyone! +C and I are hosting another auction this Sunday at 9pm shard time. We look forward to seeing you there. Spread the word and I'll see you all on Sunday. :D

Here's the list of items, if you have any questions or comments please reply to this thread because when the auction is happening then there is not much time to answer all your questions.

Ethereal Drake
Ethereal Centaur
Eagle on perch
Enchanted Runebook
Housing in Maral Luna
Change Weapon Specials
Deed for a sea serpent spawner at your house
Deed to make your housegate look like the Diablo-Style-Portal
Deed to bless your character's main backpack
Valentine Rug 2
Valentines Setting 2
Valentines Flower Heart
Valentine Hedges
Valentine Rug 1
Valentine Dinner addon
Rose Heart Patio
Heart Of Excelsior
Wine Tub
Birdhouse addon
Campsite addon
Ice rink addon
Saw on stone addon
Scaffold addon
Halloween Torture Chamber
Last edited by +Kimane on Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zeratul
Elder Scribe

Re: AUCTION

Post by Zeratul »

The word “auction” is very vague.

Is this a grand auction or will the items be similar to the last auction?

Thanks.
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Wow, short notice... I guess better than no notice. Any idea if we will see items in advance?
JOHNNY WARREN!
+Kimane
Novice Scribe

Post by +Kimane »

The items are now on display and the list is also published in the first post of this thread. This is a regular auction with 25 items.
thuanlinh
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by thuanlinh »

Just so I understand the deed to make main back pack bless would mean we no longer need to insure anything that we have in our backpack?
Dragor
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Dragor »

I am still new to Excelsior, so please excuse my questions that may be obvious to veteran players.

1. The House In Maral Luna. Is this a house that is built? or right to build a house there?

2. Enchanted rune book. Is this a rune book that never needs recharging?
IGN: Dragor VonDau
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

+Kimane wrote:Housing in Maral Luna
"Deed to the house: this deed is not configured."
"Your access level isn't sufficient to use this gate."
Matrix
Legendary Scribe

Post by Matrix »

Good luck for all
Please reply to me:
in-game: [pm Matrix
discord id: Matrixre
(Only checking the forums monthly)
(All prices can be change, ED to Gold to ED)
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

+C Can you confirm if the annual Feb grand auction will be on the weekend of Feb 7/8th? Or is it the week after? I recall you saying in WC a while ago you were thinking of pushing it back to the weekend of the 13/14th?

Just want to know how much time I'll have between auctions to replenish my gold :twisted:
JOHNNY WARREN!
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

- House in Maral Luna - it's 2 houses merged together, 0 slots. You can go to the auction display room, there's a gate leading to that house (I just fixed it so that it's possible to walk through). Oh, note that although the house sign says "Ageless", that's because i'm currently the owner, it's otherwise a regular house that would decay if the owner is inactive for long enough time. Each house is approximately 15x18, widest that fits there. The land inside Luna walls, in Maral, was earmarked to be gradually sold at auctions, it will probably be chunked into such estates. Btw, keep in mind you will get neighbours there eventually, but I will probably space the houses apart by a bit more than the usual 2 tiles.

- The enchanted runebook indeed doesn't need recharging. It is sometimes a bonus donation item, will likely be again in the future.

The anniversary auction - yeah, multiple times in the past it has collided with the Superbowl Sunday (big thing in the US), which is also on the first Sunday in February. In the future, anniversary auctions will likely be on the weekend after that. Although since we're just having an auction this weekend, it will likely be on February 14th this year.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

Wow, so its 2 houses, already merged and 0 slot! That's 1050ED (2x bonus house slot deeds at 500ed each and the merging for 50ED) worth of value before you even consider the unique position they are.... not gonna be cheap! Question, can u sink the houses in Maral Luna properly?

Glad to hear the anniversary auction is going ahead, not long after this one... might need to be a bit tight with my funds tomorrow then :geek:
JOHNNY WARREN!
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

qbf wrote:Wow, so its 2 houses, already merged and 0 slot! That's 1050ED (2x bonus house slot deeds at 500ed each and the merging for 50ED) worth of value before you even consider the unique position they are....
Those plots are 13x18 for a total of something like 13x35. Same secures and lockdowns as two 18x18s. I'll be curious to see if they really go for >63M gold (1050ED x 60k gold/1ED). There's a wide open plot in Magda Luna about the same size and a number of smaller plots so the location doesn't seem -that- popular to me. Not for a two-house merge anyway. And unlike a normal two-plot merge, you can't change your mind and move it. The only other one auctioned in Maral Luna has gone unclaimed.

Also, the housing market is down right now. I have a Trammel Keep for sale at 2M gold with no nibbles. Six months ago those were snapped up inside a week at 3M gold.

Anyway, this configuration and location doesn't excite me. I think the 1-slot castles a while back were more interesting. If this location included the right to buy up to the entire quadrant at 50% of the auction price per additional house plot placed, then I think it'd be interesting.
qbf wrote:Question, can u sink the houses in Maral Luna properly?
As far as I know, the limit is: no part of the house can be lower than z=-128. If you do "-where" at that location, z=-90. Sink drops floors by z=20, so you should be able to sink one floor.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

- backpack bless deed: yes this makes the vackpack act like a bag of holding (without the unlimites weight). Items insise stay with you when you die.

- sinking in Maral luna: yes, 1 floor is possible.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

I missed the first couple of items (showed up late) but here are the ones I recorded:

A Deed For A Eagle sold to Eboj for 7,700,000 Gold
Enchanted Runebook sold to Rosa for 5,700,000 Gold
Deed To The House sold to Wil for 37,000,000 Gold
Change Weapon Specials sold to Fist for 230,000,000 Gold
Personal Spawner sold to Nick of Old for 24,000,000 Gold
Change Appearance Of Your Housegate (ID 13279) sold to Muolke for 21,000,000 Gold
Deed To Bless Your Character's Main Backpack sold to Rosa for 75,000,000 Gold
ValentineRug2 sold to Jaedyn for 2,300,000 Gold
ValentinesSetting2 sold to Minoss for 3,000,000 Gold
ValentinesHHeart sold to Fist for 4,000,000 Gold
ValentineHedges sold to Rosa for 8,100,000 Gold
ValentineRug1 sold to Elatano for 3,000,000 Gold
ValentineDinnerE sold to Rosa for 7,000,000 Gold
RoseHeartPatio sold to Rosa for 57,000,000 Gold
Heart Of Excelsior Addon Deed sold to Tuala for 7,700,000 Gold
WineTub sold to Nick of Old for 6,900,000 Gold
Birdhouse sold to Minoss for 9,000,000 Gold
Campsite sold to Lexus for 17,000,000 Gold
Icerink sold to Rosa for 21,000,000 Gold
SawStoneSouth sold to gilga for 24,000,000 Gold
ScaffoldSouth sold to Minoss for 15,000,000 Gold
HalloweenTortureChamber sold to Mukyluk for 63,000,000 Gold
Warm Knitted Mittens sold to Rosa for 22,000,000 Gold
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

Wil wrote:Those plots are 13x18 for a total of something like 13x35. Same secures and lockdowns as two 18x18s. I'll be curious to see if they really go for >63M gold (1050ED x 60k gold/1ED). Anyway, this configuration and location doesn't excite me.
I guess if the price is low enough, it excites me. I bought it for 37M gold...

I probably should have asked this before bidding but... once I claim them, can I use the normal house mechanics to move them somewhere else using tokens instead of Maral Luna?