Changelogs - Autumn 2019

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Colibri
Administrator

Re: Changelogs - Autumn 2019

Post by +Colibri »

Good news, sensei-san! Last week I was tinkering with the quest system to try and figure out what's going on with the issues involving karate quest. It turned out that a portion of the quest states didn't load up, so if your character was one of the lucky ones, your karate quest level has reset to White after a server restart. Hard to say how many characters were affected without an in depth analysis, i'd say it's about half, or well it's a good chance that it was between 30-70%.

Note that even after this fix in the code, if you go to the Senseis, you will only be able to do the White belt - I am going to make a script that does a server-wide fix of the quest states for those players who were affected by this bug.
--- I will post an update to this thread when that is done, also on the towncriers. ---

Along with that main fix, there's also a bunch of stuff that was recently reported or detected by our bug detection system.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
tiggerjlk
Elder Scribe

Post by tiggerjlk »

I know I am late to the game, but the [mystuff has been awesome!
There are so many things that I forgot I even had :)
Soylentgreen
Alex
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alex »

culichi wrote:hey alejandro post a screenshot of your exex balance :idea:
Unable to post a picture for some reason. Come to the next auction and see :)
Aerith
Master Scribe

Post by Aerith »

Thanks for sorting the Karate quest, been patiently waiting to progress from white belt lol
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

tiggerjlk wrote:I know I am late to the game, but the [mystuff has been awesome!
There are so many things that I forgot I even had :)
Thanks!

(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Karate quest belt levels now restored!

There was a problem experienced by many players (probably about half), where after a server restart, it wasn't possible to continue at the next belt color level where you were at, but had to start at the white quest again.

On monday (November 11th) I coded and executed a script that has restored the quest data for those players affected by the error that caused quest data to be reset on a server restart. The script searches for all belts or certificates of quest completion, to find out what level you are currently at. Then, it checks what your current level is recorded in your quest log. If the levels don't match, it adds quest log records, so that you can continue the quest line where you left off.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
brhanson2
Elder Scribe

Post by brhanson2 »

Just noticed this update and tested. After turning off auto search new containers and clicking the option in [account my bags now stay open!

Wohoo +C, you roxxor!
Carzikan (formerly known as Tostig on Great Lakes)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Bump for today's restart.

It's mostly a batch of various fixes, issues that you have all reported through the help system.

There's been some discussion about how long the cooldown for the Karate quest are. They should be 3 days, though I think the recoded ones (in the new quest system) were set to 20 hours for testing - so that the testers at the time, could do 1 quest per day. They are back to 3 days cooldown.

There's still an occasional situation where a player dies and loses all items. And they claim they had enough gold in the bank to re-insure the items, upon closer inspection, their auto-insurance is turned off. So I added an additional confirmation dialog, to preven this being disabled by mistake. As I was testing this, I noticed that when trying to insure an item, it's quite easy to miss-click a few pixels lower and click the "Disable auto-renewal". Although there's a red message that warns you that "You have disabled auto-renewal, blah blah", I guess that's also possible to miss. So I hope with this addition, we will see a few less bug reports per year, about items mysteriously being lost.

"the baby proofing continues" :D
disable auto-renew insurance dialog.png
disable auto-renew insurance dialog.png (87.43 KiB) Viewed 8262 times

(Old Colibrian proverb)
arrow
Legendary Scribe

Post by arrow »

thx for fixing snowmen C+ / 2 C+ snowmen guarding my castle door since 2011 :D
Always remember to pillage before you burn!-----------Unknown
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

+Colibri wrote:There's still an occasional situation where a player dies and loses all items. And they claim they had enough gold in the bank to re-insure the items, upon closer inspection, their auto-insurance is turned off. So I added an additional confirmation dialog, to preven this being disabled by mistake.
Better spot would be the resurrect dialog. If item insurance is off, change the size of the button and add text which says, "Your insurance has expired. Unless you renew it, your stuff will stay with your corpse when next you die."
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Wil wrote: Better spot would be the resurrect dialog. If item insurance is off, change the size of the button and add text which says, "Your insurance has expired. Unless you renew it, your stuff will stay with your corpse when next you die."
Good idea, there is already a message that gets sent multiple times, periodically, after you die, but doesn't hurt to put it here as well.

(Old Colibrian proverb)