Housing upgrades

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Re: Housing upgrades

Post by fixxer1963 »

Wil wrote:
Animol wrote:
fixxer1963 wrote:To resize a house... do you have to empty it first? Or can you just resize it and get more floor space?
As far as I can tell after playing around in the test facet for a bit, you can resize the plot with a house built on it and it will stay there (the structure). However, one guy yesterday said in chat he lost everything (items) from his house after resizing.
The items are relocated to the moving crate. You have to place the crate with the house menu; then you can get the items back.
Mainly... I am wondering about bees.
Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

- House storage upgrades are not yet coded (haven't yet started, though they should be ready by next saturday since it's the item for the donation bonus). More details will be available then.

- Moving a house that was sunken and then floats in the air is ok now (fixed yesterday).

- For green acres, you will still need the available house slots to place there. Well, there's also the housing instances and right now i'm not sure if it's worth doing both these optins (buyable land in green acres, as well as the buyable/rentable land which can be either in green acres or an island in magda, basically to select what kind of setting you'd like, grass/sand/snow...)

- House resizing: You don't have to empty it, now if you are just making it bigger it's not a problem, the existing design will just be in the north-west corner of the bigger house, with some extra dirt-tile padding on the south and west. Making smaller in any direction will do the following to all stuff that is no longer inside the house (that got trimmed on either the south or east side): items are unlocked and placed in the moving crate, addons of which any tile would be clipped are destroyed and deed placed in the moving crate (that includes bees), personal spawners & teleporter tiles are a bit north or west so that they are still in the house.

- There was a bug yesterday, yeah a player lost all of the house's contents but i restored that a few hours later, should be all safe to resize.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Animol
Elder Scribe

Post by Animol »

Wil wrote:
Animol wrote:
fixxer1963 wrote:To resize a house... do you have to empty it first? Or can you just resize it and get more floor space?
As far as I can tell after playing around in the test facet for a bit, you can resize the plot with a house built on it and it will stay there (the structure). However, one guy yesterday said in chat he lost everything (items) from his house after resizing.
The items are relocated to the moving crate. You have to place the crate with the house menu; then you can get the items back.
They weren't in his case.
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

+Colibri wrote:- House storage upgrades are not yet coded (haven't yet started, though they should be ready by next saturday since it's the item for the donation bonus). More details will be available then.
i thought sunglasses was the donation bonus or do you plan to start a new donation bonus next saturday?
Muolke
Legendary Scribe

Post by Muolke »

culichi wrote:
+Colibri wrote:- House storage upgrades are not yet coded (haven't yet started, though they should be ready by next saturday since it's the item for the donation bonus). More details will be available then.
i thought sunglasses was the donation bonus or do you plan to start a new donation bonus next saturday?
Starting next week there's a different donation bonus.
Tothia
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Tothia »

Once the new lands come in can we just move an existing house we own to the new lands with house moving option or do we have to drop the house and re place it in new lands ?
Possum12
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Possum12 »

Used new house placement tool today, was flaming awesome!!! :dance

Fantastic job guys on creating upgrade +'s
Tarkin Lamere in-game
brhanson2
Elder Scribe

Post by brhanson2 »

Possum12 wrote:Used new house placement tool today, was flaming awesome!!! :dance

Fantastic job guys on creating upgrade +'s
I totally agree. Makes it very easy to see what is blocking.
Carzikan (formerly known as Tostig on Great Lakes)
Totoro
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Totoro »

Used +500 storage deed today, somehow my 1st house won't let me add more item in but 2nd works ok for the time being. There are more than 1k storage space left available for my 1st house, but system says it'll exceed limit of secured items in the house. Anyone else has the same issue? Ticket already sent BTW. :cry:
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

I have just restarted the server with a fix for this bug, should be working now.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
Totoro
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Totoro »

+Colibri wrote:I have just restarted the server with a fix for this bug, should be working now.
Thanks +C, I logged back and it seems the issue remains. Here are some screenshots.

- My house storage details:
No negative display now, however AVAILABLE STORAGE section shows wrong figures (585/1076). House total capacity is 1576, available account storage bonus is 500 (since 0 used by other houses), so total house storage should be 1576+500=2076 not 1576-500=1076, and total available house storage should be 2076-491=1585 not 1076-491=585.

- Besides of display information, I still can't secure items in the house nor adding items in the existing secured containers even though it shows there are plenty available space.

Could you have another look of my issue +C? Thanks again. :D
Totoro
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Totoro »

Now my 2nd house has the exact same issue as well, it was working just half an hour ago after the reboot. I can only take things out from both of my houses, this is getting annoying :cry:
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

There was another bug, it's fixed with today's restart.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Post by fixxer1963 »

OH LAWDY!!!! Toto gittin mad!!!
Settle down. I would bet real money that you are getting more than you paid for.
Totoro wrote:Now my 2nd house has the exact same issue as well, it was working just half an hour ago after the reboot. I can only take things out from both of my houses, this is getting annoying :cry:
Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
Totoro
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Totoro »

Thanks +C, it seems working fine now :nod: