Welcome, Lorelay!

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
dreamstalker
Legendary Scribe

Re: Welcome, Lorelay!

Post by dreamstalker »

congrats to Mr. n Mrs. +C ....to quote (i dont rem who lol) "i have seen the best of days, i have seen the worst of days" best will keep getting better and better with each passing day as you watch your child grow to be a young lady, most of the worst comes early as you keep getting up to feed and change diapers at all hours of the night....lol. i truly wish you and yours the best of everything... look forward to seein lorelay playing in bout 8 to 10 years... prolly only player ever to start with full titans hammer suit ....ill gladly donate one or 2 if im still playing will be my late bday present just for her
I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin! just cause you aint paranoid doesnt mean they aint after you
Cygnus
Legendary Scribe

Post by Cygnus »

Welcome to the world +Lorelay! I will assume 'Daddy's Girl' will want for nothing. Keep us posted with pictures.
grunger
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by grunger »

Congratz!!!! :)
Charon
Elder Scribe

Post by Charon »

Congrats on the arrival of your precious little angel +C and + M (Mom)
Fatherhood is the best, enjoy the sleepless nights, the diaper changes, the coos, the goofy smiles, the shopping for new outfits etc. Every moment whether it is making you smile till your face hurts or causing you to wince from pulling your hair out, each one is a gift.

P.s. Also congrats on your newly appointed promotion to +D (Dad)

:nod: :lol: :o
ButteryBiscuits
Elder Scribe

Post by ButteryBiscuits »

Such a beautiful family! Congrats to both of you and best wishes for full nights of sleep very soon!!
BB
---------------------------
ButteryBiscuits
in game name ButteryBiscuits
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mermaid_of_Warsaw
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Thank you all for your kind wishes :)

Btw, if anyone hasn't yet gotten the commemorative items from the giftstone at the towncenter, now is your chance to get them before the stone is removed.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
tiggerjlk
Elder Scribe

Post by tiggerjlk »

Hmm.. How about, the stone is never removed, but instead, moved to an undisclosed location somewhere in Trammel?
Should a person find it, and click on it, they get a secondary prize?
I don't like the idea of the stone being removed lol.

And welcome to being a dad. In the blink of eye, all those days have gone bye, as my daughter graduates from high school in a few weeks.

a few things I learned:
1. No matter how tired you are when you get home from work, spend some time playing with her. Time flies.
2. Always read a bed time story. NO MATTER WHAT. (we also played a short game every night - shutes and ladders, etc.)
3. When she gets older, go on walks with her. A kid will tell you everything is fine if you ask them. When you go on a walk with them, they tend to tell you a lot more.
4. Let them tell you their experience, as if she is the first person to ever feel that way, think that way, and talk that way. Don't say me too, or I had that as well. Just listen.
5. As a father silence is golden, but leading by example will last well into your great grandchildren.
6. Be willing to have the hardest talks that you can bear. It will possibly take years off of your life, but will add years to her life.
7. Don't be afraid to laugh when laughter is needed, and cry when a tear is needed. If I had it to do over again...this is what I would have done better.
Soylentgreen
Totoro
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Totoro »

Congratulations +C !!! :D :D :D