Harvest seasonal event 2018

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Re: Harvest seasonal event 2018

Post by +Requiem »

I spoke with Colibri, and the pitchfork is going to be added (maybe already has been) to Excelsior as both a craftable item/weapon, and to the weapon type change deeds.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

nice, the pitchfork is a darn nice looking weapon it has ... style
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

so the pitchfork in farmer's costume set wont be usable as an appearance change sample? i understand what your saying about it being an option on wep change deed but that's not the same thing as an appearance change since wep change would also change wep specials.
actually nm my arm is really sore so im gonna stop beating on this dead horse and wait to hear from any players that get the costume and try to appearance change their wep.
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

culichi wrote:so the pitchfork in farmer's costume set wont be usable as an appearance change sample? i understand what your saying about it being an option on wep change deed but that's not the same thing as an appearance change since wep change would also change wep specials.
actually nm my arm is really sore so im gonna stop beating on this dead horse and wait to hear from any players that get the costume and try to appearance change their wep.
Since you will be able to type change it into a pitch fork, any weapon can be a pitch fork appearance.
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Post by fixxer1963 »

+Requiem wrote:
culichi wrote:... but that's not the same thing as an appearance change since wep change would also change wep specials.
Since you will be able to type change it into a pitch fork, any weapon can be a pitch fork appearance.
I think you missed what he was saying R
Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

fixxer1963 wrote:
+Requiem wrote:
culichi wrote:... but that's not the same thing as an appearance change since wep change would also change wep specials.
I think you missed what he was saying R
I did.

You can't normally appearance change a weapon. So the answer to that is no.

However, you will be able to type change it, which will make it look like a pitchfork, which gives you that appearance....

I know, confusing right?

So yes, you can get the appearance, by using a type change deed, and acquiring all the stats and specials on a normal pitchfork. You will not be able to keep the stats of your yumi, and have it look like a pitchfork.
Stephen
Master Scribe

Post by Stephen »

+Requiem wrote:
So yes, you can get the appearance, by using a type change deed, and acquiring all the stats and specials on a normal pitchfork. You will not be able to keep the stats of your yumi, and have it look like a pitchfork.

Is this some new Type change deed or something? Doesn't all the "stats" from the original weapon transfer over to the new weapon? Isn't that how you get rid of Artifact Rarity on weapons? lol I am totally confused at what you are telling him. :goodsuprise:

Unless you mean "stats" only as in dmg and speed? Because the other stats like the hit properties would stay right? Maybe you worded it funny and I just am misinterpreting it.
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

Stephen wrote:
+Requiem wrote:

Is this some new Type change deed or something? Doesn't all the "stats" from the original weapon transfer over to the new weapon? Isn't that how you get rid of Artifact Rarity on weapons? lol I am totally confused at what you are telling him. :goodsuprise:

Unless you mean "stats" only as in dmg and speed? Because the other stats like the hit properties would stay right? Maybe you worded it funny and I just am misinterpreting it.

When you apply a weapon type change deed, to change a weapon into another weapon, it keeps certain stats, like hit lightning, Hit chance increase, or spell channelling.

Weapon Damage is that of the new (in this case pitchfork) weapon, as is the swing speed, and weapon specials.

So, for example If you had a yumi which is 18-20 weapon damage, Speed 25, and armor pierce and double shot as the speicals, and changed it to a pitchfork, your new weapon would have 13-14 weapon damage, Speed 43, and bleed attack/dismount for the specials.

Hit Lightning etc would all be copied over as-is to the new weapon. So if it was 58% on the yumi, it would be 58% on the pitchfork.
Stephen
Master Scribe

Post by Stephen »

+Colibri wrote: - Dave, he's an odd one... wants to scare away dragons by making a very large scarecrow, so you can take the scarecrow parts to him instead of Jonathan. He's not a successful farmer, but if you help him out a few times, there's something special for you.

So the question I have is. Is the thing special for you just double preserves? Just curious because it says a few times, then takes if you do all the side parts the 5th quest before you get anything and it is just double preserves. So then it takes roughly 9 quests before you actually are making anything extra preserves wise and you miss out on any recipes or deco items.

Is there something else we are supposed to get and we just don't notice? I only ask because it says something special.
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Post by fixxer1963 »

Pretty sure the "little extra" is just the Achievement.
Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
Honus
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Honus »

I am at a perfect 50 with Dave and I have only received double preserves. :(
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Post by fixxer1963 »

Honus wrote:I am at a perfect 50 with Dave and I have only received double preserves. :(
Is that the double preserves just the once? I got double preserves the 5th time I turned in to Dave, and stopped turning in to him.
Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
Stephen
Master Scribe

Post by Stephen »

fixxer1963 wrote:
Honus wrote:I am at a perfect 50 with Dave and I have only received double preserves. :(
Is that the double preserves just the once? I got double preserves the 5th time I turned in to Dave, and stopped turning in to him.

You get double everytime after. So its like essentially you gotta do 9 times before it even becomes actually gaining some preserves, but then you get no other items. So its just more taxes placed upon ya. lol
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Bump for today's update - please see "Update october 3rd" section of the original post.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

I really like how the quest has been phased in and more content has become available as it has gone along.

I'm not sure if it's intentional that the reward chances have changed too, but it's kind of fun having a "frenzy" type of thing going on towards the end of the event :)

Can't wait to see what you have in store for the rest of the year!
In game name: Abarai