Harvest seasonal event 2018

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Re: Harvest seasonal event 2018

Post by Yoda »

I am guessing yes to the clothing slot items no to the weapon slot..

although appearances to weapons is a weird weird weird thing to hang on to like its valuable it being a "big deal" was silly in the first place

technically stephen nailed the answer on the first page of this thread, technical issues with it
Guildmaster: JDI - Est 2011
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

technical issues it may have had at some point were fixed I think since baxster never had any complaints with his yumi that was changed to a dr who screwdriver. the only other weapon appearance samples I know of are from destash raffles but ive never known of anyone with one.
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

Both the sellable farmer's outfit, and account bound one come as a set of 6 items.

Pitchfork (I never knew until now they weren't craftable - I always thought you could craft them)
I will have to double check with +C on this one.

A floppy hat
Leather gloves

A Sprinkler (new item, sits in the shield slot)
Overalls (new item, sits in the pants slot)
Shirt (new item, sits in the shirt slot)

So, YES you can use the sprinkler, overalls, and shirt as samples for relayers. The pitchfork,
will need to wait on an answer from +Colibri.
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

kinda nice variety there in some of those off hand items
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Post by fixxer1963 »

+Requiem wrote:Both the sellable farmer's outfit, and account bound one come as a set of 6 items.

Pitchfork (I never knew until now they weren't craftable - I always thought you could craft them)
I will have to double check with +C on this one.

A floppy hat
Leather gloves

A Sprinkler (new item, sits in the shield slot)
Overalls (new item, sits in the pants slot)
Shirt (new item, sits in the shirt slot)

So, YES you can use the sprinkler, overalls, and shirt as samples for relayers. The pitchfork,
will need to wait on an answer from +Colibri.
Kewl.. thanks for the clarification.
And speaking of clarification... after I read my previous comment, I saw that it may have looked like I was referring to Culichi's grasp of English. I meant that I wasn't sure about the phrase "these items".
Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

when I turn in my scarecrow supplies quest to crazy dave he doesn't give me any rewards or jars is that normal? ive turned in 4 quests to him and the friend thing is at 11/10.
Stephen
Master Scribe

Post by Stephen »

+Colibri wrote: - Dave, he's an odd one... wants to scare away dragons by making a very large scarecrow, so you can take the scarecrow parts to him instead of Jonathan. He's not a successful farmer, but if you help him out a few times, there's something special for you.
Stephen
Master Scribe

Post by Stephen »

culichi wrote:technical issues it may have had at some point were fixed I think since baxster never had any complaints with his yumi that was changed to a dr who screwdriver. the only other weapon appearance samples I know of are from destash raffles but ive never known of anyone with one.

That is a totally different thing though. He had staff change his itemid and specials most likely to be proper. I have a destash weapon. It was not a "relayer your item into this with the deed" it was "page and have staff turn one of your weapons into this".
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

Stephen wrote:
culichi wrote:technical issues it may have had at some point were fixed I think since baxster never had any complaints with his yumi that was changed to a dr who screwdriver. the only other weapon appearance samples I know of are from destash raffles but ive never known of anyone with one.

That is a totally different thing though. He had staff change his itemid and specials most likely to be proper. I have a destash weapon. It was not a "relayer your item into this with the deed" it was "page and have staff turn one of your weapons into this".
yup I know this after to be true years of directly indirectly with hints jokes and sometimes outright inquiry of Colibri.. I want to draw attention to one detail..
culichi wrote:a weapon appearance change is a major deal so im surprised it would be a seasonal reward and that is why im trying to get a specific yes on that one weapon slot item.
so Baxster's sonic screwdriver? where did it come from again;/
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

baxster's screwdriver was a special reward for 100 perfect runs of the dr who seasonal quest in 2016. i don't agree that the screwdriver can be described as a seasonal quest reward but i concede that is just an opinion. the screwdriver appearance was so special that a second one was offered in a 2017 grand auction and it sold for 57 million gold.
as far as all the technical arguments on whether or not wep appearance changes are possible with an ed store deed i have no clue about that. im sincerely sorry if at any time i gave the impression that i believed myself to be an expert on the uo client or computer coding i actually know next to nothing about it.
i hope colibri can respond to this soon as he is i believe the only person who can definitively answer the question.
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

at this point I feel like im actively campaigning against the pitchfork being usable with appearance change deeds and that is not how I feel at all. i only asked about the pitchfork because it seemed too good to be true considering how relatively easy it was to gather 1500 jar of preserves to buy the unbound farmer's costume.
Baxster
Adept Scribe

Post by Baxster »

Stephen wrote:That is a totally different thing though. He had staff change his itemid and specials most likely to be proper. I have a destash weapon. It was not a "relayer your item into this with the deed" it was "page and have staff turn one of your weapons into this".
Like the Destash weapon change thing, I had to page and provide the Yumi and they manually changed the graphic of it. The specials were the same as before it was changed, even the serial was the same so I believe it was just a change to the graphic. It worked fine but had no attack animation, so Nyx changed it to use the wand cast animation. About two weeks later, Colibri came and told me to stand still for 5 minutes as he needed to look at the layer properties or something. I don't know what was changed, he just said 'ok good to go' and that was it. So yeah, it wasn't a simple thing like using a relayer deed is, staff had to make multiple changes to it manually to make it work.

Yoda wrote:so Baxster's sonic screwdriver? where did it come from again;/
It was a reward from Nyx for doing 100 perfect Dr Who runs in 2016. What whack-a-do conspiracy theory are you trying to insinuate now?

culichi wrote:the screwdriver appearance was so special that a second one was offered in a 2017 grand auction and it sold for 57 million gold.
It was just a neat little thing, much like the Destash patch clothing\weapon or Halloween costume contest patch graphic reward. I don't believe it has any intrinsic value or worth to it or anything, or at least I never thought it did. Heck, I even paged suggesting it be added to the grand auction last year after a Dr Who fan whispered me saying they wanted to know how to get one as well. It's essentially just a stick, there's nothing particularly special about it a far as I know other than it's a different graphic than what's available.
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

hey baxster! id heard you were kidnapped by Russian hackers and sold to a Chinese drywall factory :nod:
Baxster
Adept Scribe

Post by Baxster »

culichi wrote:hey baxster! id heard you were kidnapped by Russian hackers and sold to a Chinese drywall factory :nod:
Yes, I've also heard that I've been made staff, that I've been banned, that I'm making quests, or that myself, former, and current staff are working together to build some kind of paradisic supershard rife with splendors and effulgence, or whatever other weirdo conspiracy theories that people sit around devising. :roll:

The reality is far less interesting, as I've been sick again and haven't had much time to play. Hope you're doing well and there are many pumpkins in yours, and everyone's, future. I look forward to seeing them all when I'm back. :)
Yoda
Legendary Scribe

Post by Yoda »

no conspiracy at all, I just didn't recall where it came from