Changelogs - Summer 2018

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Re: Changelogs - Summer 2018

Post by [Glyph] »

So glad to see eating gone but I do like the idea of the food buffs for added benefit. Or possibly make one less used dungeon where you have to eat or make a seasonal quest where you have to be above a certain satiation level to participate. Just not a required thing all the time. Also, thanks for taking our input and incessant complaining into your calculations +C.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

[Glyph] wrote:a seasonal quest where you have to be above a certain satiation level to participate.
A Donner Party quest?
[Glyph]
Legendary Scribe

Post by [Glyph] »

Not exactly what I had in mind but that could work too. A little cannibalism never hurt anyone. It's a bit like eating Vegan. I ate a Vegan one time but her parents were very upset. Ah, well. That is life I suppose.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Bump for today's restart.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
TeslaElectra
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by TeslaElectra »

+Colibri wrote:July 27th 2018
FIX Gold amount displayed in character status another attempt at a fix, seems to be ok now.
FIX Caching issues with achievements database - some achievements still got periodically reverted after being achieved, in certain circumstances.
FIX Vendor Stone (currently used for tailoring guildmasters) issue with buying multiples of an item, and the auto-restock issue.

July 27th 2018
ADD Item reservation system, a sort of "dibs" for items - if an item is unexpectedly dropped to the ground, it is temporarily reserved for the player whom it was intended for, to prevent snatching. This works on: dropping any item on the ground it is reserved for a short duration. (more in description below)
(etc in between)
- 30 seconds for when you drop any item on the ground yourself - this functionality is "beta" - every now and then we get reports of players dropping an item to the ground (that was intended for the exex box for example) but the item is dropped to the ground by accident, and immediately disappears, meaning that someone probably took it. If there's parts of the game where dropping to the ground, and allowing someone else to pick it up is required, I will likely change this so that the 30-second reservation works only near exex boxes and vendors.

Is the second July 27th supposed be for todays restart?
Animol
Elder Scribe

Post by Animol »

Yes.
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Bump for today's restart. Mostly technical stuff, and we polished rough edges of the Reservation functionality, there might someday be a way to turn this off completely for yourself.

@TeslaElectra yes, that July 27th is actually August 8th.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
TeslaElectra
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by TeslaElectra »

Thanks, sorry, I haven't check this since the Summer one was started.
Sir Blood
Elder Scribe

Post by Sir Blood »

Have happened across items dropping to the ground when trying to initiate a trade with a player
- - In game name:: Simply Delicious - -
Find my HUGE Rune LIbrary
- Main Floor Housegates
- Bottom SE corner, look for the black and white housegate tile (looks like a QR code you can scan)
Rune displayed @TC -- Far West Wall: Simply's
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Bump for today's restart. A few bug fixes, along with a simple upgrade of the towncenter vendor system that should ensure more fairness in getting a vendor spot there.

(Old Colibrian proverb)
Devlin
Legendary Scribe

Post by Devlin »

+Colibri wrote:Bump for today's restart. A few bug fixes, along with a simple upgrade of the towncenter vendor system that should ensure more fairness in getting a vendor spot there.
Out of curiosity, what was the change to the TC vendor system?
Resident Wiki Editor/Village Idiot

EasyUO Scripts
ReArmer
ReArmer (Old Version)
ReReader
Separate Journal for Guild or Public Chat (Old)
---------------------------------------------
Combat Focus Guide (Godmode Formula)
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Post by fixxer1963 »

Devlin wrote:
+Colibri wrote:Bump for today's restart. A few bug fixes, along with a simple upgrade of the towncenter vendor system that should ensure more fairness in getting a vendor spot there.
Out of curiosity, what was the change to the TC vendor system?
Go back to page 1 of this thread. He edits the first post to add things. They are all dated for the day of the edit.
Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Bump for today's restart, we fixed a few things, and added two harvest quests, which will open sometime soon (looks like during the next week).

(Old Colibrian proverb)
TeslaElectra
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by TeslaElectra »

+C... So for the TC vendor change, the cool down period is 30 days after placing.

For those who had vendors that existed prior to the change, is it 30 days after the date of the changes or the initial date that it was placed? So I've had my vendor for roughly 6 months now. If it dropped today, would I be able to place another one asap? Or would I have to wait 30 days after the date it was changed?
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

The cooldown is beteen vendor placement, and only affects placements after this feature was added. So if you placed a vendor on around September 1st, and it has since expired, you can get one right away. But if you get one today, if you don't put enough gold on, and it expires the next day, you'll have to wait 29 more days before you can place one again.

(Old Colibrian proverb)