A farewell to +Nyx and +Veritas

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
Athena Tenebris
Grandmaster Scribe

Re: A farewell to +Nyx and +Veritas

Post by Athena Tenebris »

I only know you both in name really and not much interaction. Sometimes a new chapter has to be written and this new chapter is yours.

Who knows where the story will run; but I wish you both the very best.

Thank you for what you contributed to Excelsior.
Miranda Ventrata
Elder Scribe

Post by Miranda Ventrata »

This news hit me so hard that I am having trouble finding the words. So I will keep it short, and just say this: +Nyx and +Veritas you are loved, and will be missed so much.I wish you all the best in your lives together, and may your adventures in life be as epic as the adventures that you both provided for me on this Shard.

Miranda V
darrell
Novice Scribe

Post by darrell »

each day our lives change, our thoughts, desires, and often envirments. some people resist these changes while others embrace them. May you both find your happiness with each other and with your lives. you will be missed. May your God bless both of you :}
Starfire
Novice Scribe

Post by Starfire »

I have enjoyed know ya'll in the game for many years. Ya'll will be greatly missed. May your life have a safe journey. Farewell my friends.
apocalypse
Elder Scribe

Post by apocalypse »

I hope all the best for you both on your life journey together.
Thank you for all the time and hard work you put into this shard, you will be missed a lot.
Jean Luc Picard in game
andl2ea
Journeyman Scribe

Post by andl2ea »

I didn't have a chance to interact with +V, or +Nyx very much, but I will say that I did enjoy the quests and items provided while they were still here and I thank them for that. I hope that you both do well with your future endeavors and that Nyx's health improves. I feel the shard is losing out big time not having you both around.

Im also hoping that the shard can find staff that has as much imagination and creativeness with providing us all with fun things to keep us occupied. That is one of the things I do like about Excelsior and if that part is gone then I may not be too much more active. Things like holiday quests, events, etc break up the monotony of the usual game play of UO. When I checked the events calendar recently and saw the hunter's quest had disappeared, then the Dr. Who quest I was a bit disappointed. Having not been on this shard very long I still had yet to experience those. I was also told that there may not be another quest until fall :cry:
Hoping things keep improving for the better despite the fact that two key staff members have left.
Your friendly ginger aka Devlynn/Bloomingdales
Octavius Thorn
Elder Scribe

Post by Octavius Thorn »

Very very sad news.. No question +Nyx has done so much to make this shard stand out from all the rest, her work here on Excelsior has been incredible. You will be missed. Farewell +N +V *waves*
robinw40
Apprentice Scribe

Post by robinw40 »

Sure will Miss you guys, all the best to you and for all the fun since I joined.

Que
Old Fart
Novice Scribe

Post by Old Fart »

+Nyx and +Veritas , Just found out you were both moving on to a new adventure together. Your story is both one of Growth and Love. I wish you both the very best that life can offer as newlyweds, in your personal lives as well as your professional ones'.

You have been very generous over the years giving all of us who play "and some who live here permanently" with the amount of time you've dedicated to making Excelsior seem like a home where everyone is welcome. You will be missed greatly. And will not be able to be replaced, PERIOD...

Enjoy and charge forward towards your next adventure. Good Luck and God's speed!!!

Farewell,

*I SALUTE YOU*
{-Nyx -Veritas}

Just a side note to Nyx,, not sure of your health situation but this may help. It helped me when I had some health issues a lot... thoughts and prayers go with you . https://bodyforlife.com/ I am in no way affiliated with this just wanted to share...
Tom
The sum of the whole is equal to the sum of it's parts ! However, if there are any parts left over after completing the whole then just through them away then shhhh... *(whisper) don't tell anybody....
andy barrington
Apprentice Scribe

Post by andy barrington »

fare thee well +v and +n i really enjoyed all of the events and quests yall provided you shall be sorely missed good luck in the future and good health to you luvya. :cry: :cry:
Johnny Warren
Legendary Scribe

Post by Johnny Warren »

All the best guys, u 2 are legends...

-JW
JOHNNY WARREN!
Silent
Legendary Scribe

Post by Silent »

Thank you for all your work, it was much and it was hard, you have dedicated yourselves to this server and I am sure you also take a lot from it with you in your new "quests", may them bring you much joy.

Just know your passing was appreciated.

Best wishes,
Lurking the forums since dec 2012
ScarletArmstrong
Apprentice Scribe

Post by ScarletArmstrong »

+Nyx and +Veritas, I hope you have a lifetime of happiness and love. Life can be so short, spend it doing the things that bring meaning into your lives. Be thoughtful of each-other's feelings. Relationships are best, when both people care how the other one feels. I'm sure you know that you have impacted the game in ways that everyone could enjoy. You have both given so much time and energy into adding fun quest, cool loots, and entertaining auctions. And as a side note to +N. I've personally witnessed how you have given kind words and shown a caring spirit for player's who have had personal tragedies. I wish you well. Be blessed!
“Life is never fair, and perhaps it is a good thing for most of us that it is not.” ~ Oscar Wilde
Lady WhiteHawk
Novice Scribe

Post by Lady WhiteHawk »

Im so sad :( ....................... I Wish you Both All The Best On you New Path.......Make Sure You Stop By Keep in Touch......
Agony
Legendary Scribe

Post by Agony »

I am very, very sad to see you 2 go. I wish you both the best in your lives together. You are two of the best staff I have ever seen and have made all the difference here.

+V, your earlier quest-lines are that of UO legend, your events epic. I hate to see you go man.

+Nyx, I was not aware of you having health issues, but I'll pray for you. I'm really going to miss you here, and I hope that everything in your life is as good as you made it here for everyone.

Where ever you two go, I hope the mark ya'll make is as strong as the one you've made here on Excelsior. \

Good luck and blessedbe,

Dimir Borgu
...Dimiir Borgu