A farewell to +Nyx and +Veritas

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Colibri
Administrator

A farewell to +Nyx and +Veritas

Post by +Colibri »

Unfortunately I have to announce, that our long term members of the staff, +Nyx and +Veritas, have decided to move on, and resigned their positions as staff on Excelsior.

For those who are wondering why, I won't go into much details, except to say that we've had different views on the process of developing content, making decisions, handling various things on the shard, as well as what exactly the new facets (Elysium and Touria) would contain. Also, as you know, +Nyx has had health issues in the past 2 years, which may also be a factor.

We wish them all the best in their future endeavors in gaming, whether it's playing or creating. To +Veritas, that you have a good career and excel at your profession. To +Nyx, among many things, most important that your health improves. As you may know, they met on Excelsior and recently got married, so we also wish them all the best in their life together.

Thank you both for the path we walked together and for the things that we learned from eachother. We wish you all the best!

To those who are wondering what of the new facets, that have been in development, I will make a separate post for that.
They officially resigned last Friday, though I waited with this announcement – to give it a few more days in case anything changes, and to put together this announcement. I decided to post this as a separate thread, instead of as a post on Excelsior Daily, since I'm sure many of you would like to post your goodbyes as well.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Re: A farewell to +Nyx and +Veritas

Post by +Requiem »

Farewell Nyx, and Veritas. Thank you for all you have taught me, and you will be missed.
svengermin
Master Scribe

Post by svengermin »

Sad to see you guys go but you will always be fondly remembered! Thank you for helping to make Excelsior such an awesome place to play!!!!! <3 Rooster
Red Rooster
Highroller
Legendary Scribe

Post by Highroller »

Sorry to see you go. Hope things go well for both of you moving forward.
Ack! Natural Sunlight. I must flee to my coffin!!!
Blathzar
Elder Scribe

Post by Blathzar »

Thanks for your services even if sometimes we're a pain in the neck with probably everything. Best wishes for the future ! Once again, thank you ! :)
erised_faylen
Master Scribe

Post by erised_faylen »

Farewell and best of luck to you both! Thank you for all you have contributed to the server and the players. You will most definitely be missed. I wish the both of you a lifetime of happiness together! And +Nyx, I hope the best for your health. <3
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

im so sorry to hear you guys have left the server your work will be remembered veritas for making pvp fun for people that never enjoyed pvp and nyx for wasting your time and eyesight shoehorning so many quests for us to run and cool/funny items for us to hoard. I never would have lasted more than a few months on this server if it hadn't been for the many seasonal and mini quests and the fun/silly inscriptions on the rewards and handouts given out by the staff I hope that is kept alive somehow. theres so much I want to say but im a bad writer and im high so ill end it here :wink:
fixxer1963
Legendary Scribe

Post by fixxer1963 »

I can't say that I am surprised.
A lot of good people are leaving the shard lately. I am just hanging in here in the hopes that things get better.
Hawke Armstrong/FiXXer
Gaara
Legendary Scribe

Post by Gaara »

May the odds be ever in your favour +N & +V. It's a big scary world out there.
Rahr
Elder Scribe

Post by Rahr »

Well said Culichi lol. Most importantly we hope you get well soon +N. I think I speak for the majority in saying we all hope to see or even just hear from y’all again someday sooner than later, Have +C drop a “Hello, we are well” edible every once in a while :) Much love, Best of luck +N, +V!
Slymenstrah
Apprentice Scribe

Post by Slymenstrah »

It makes me sad to see this news - But there are times when life just needs to go on - Wishing you both the best, you will be missed! <3
Melkor
Legendary Scribe

Post by Melkor »

The end of an era.

+V, I never really got to know you but I loved your lore and your early quest series, especially the boat one. Some amazing stuff, thank you for all your efforts.

+Nyx, I'm so sad to see you go, but probably not as sad as you are I bet. Thank you for the time you spent with me on the project and thank you for your trust and faith in me. I'm grateful that I got the chance to know you a little bit. I wish you the best of health in the future and a happy life. Thank you for everything, I will miss you.
TDC Guild
brhanson2
Elder Scribe

Post by brhanson2 »

I wish you both the best, you were both always very professional and I dealt with Nyx on many occasions and I loved it.

God speed.
Carzikan (formerly known as Tostig on Great Lakes)
Pek
Elder Scribe

Post by Pek »

I didn't get to interact with either of you much, but nevertheless it's sad to hear you leave. Best of luck on whatever new adventure your life takes you and thank you for all the behind-the-scenes work that you guys have done to help make this shard such a cool place.
Ecthelion - Drizzt - Gandalf Greyhame
Golden Temptress
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Golden Temptress »

Well this is going to be the first post and likely only post where I am annoyed at the shard and I am never ever usually annoyed enough about anything to say that, I feel this is going to be a huge loss to our community :cry: and anyone can see how much energy/focus/great ideas and attention to even the smallest things both +N and +V had. I especially loved the seasonal quests and they kept me actively addicted to collecting all the wonderful goodies and often having a good challenge in having to think your way through a quest too is quite a thrill.

Wishing both +Nyx and +Veritas all the best, you'll both for forever remembered as you made our experience here truly unique