Changelogs - Spring 2018

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Colibri
Administrator

Changelogs - Spring 2018

Post by +Colibri »

April 18th
UPGRADE Spells now look for all spellcasterkeys in your backpack when trying to find reagents, to find one that has the necesary reagents in it.
FIX Bag of resources - fixed issues if the players bags are overweight
FIX Bangle of Evanescence fixed possibility of an exploit
UPGRADE Recall runes now have a single click option to Clear/reset them
FIX World teleporters fixed exploit where you could use it to get out of jail (the new code)
FIX Recipes that require milk didn't work
FIX Poison achievements fixed, also poison now has an owner like it should
FIX Issue with the hairstylist hair/beard color change.
FIX Achievement "Death over time" changed description from "Kill X creatures with poison" to "Kill X creatures by poisoning them" - this achievement is for actual poisonining, not having a poison-based attack.
UPGRADE Safe trash chests (in public places) and trash barrels in houses now have safety against accidental trashing of valuable items (blessed, levelable, etc)
UPGRADE Raffle stones have an extra confirmation before purchasing tickets, informing the buyer of how many tickets and the total cost, to prevent accidential purchases of "one zero too many".
FIX Minor internal bugs that didn't affect gameplay.

A note: the resource bag has been changed to allow sand, but not granite. This is something we'll have to determine - the bag of resources is supposed to hold only raw resources, not those that can be added to resource keys. And resource keys are supposed to hold only refined resources (ingots, boards). Granite is both the raw resource you get directly from mining, as well as the final resource.

April 27th
FIX Lockpicking no longer has a 100% chance to increase your skill, but is based on failure chance, if you're using a pick to reduce your success chance the lower success chance will always be taken for the skill up calculation
FIX Fixed buff invalidate issue and drinking buff issues with display text and functionality
FIX Claim no longer works on summoned creatures
FIX Wax crafting - hive robe and boots can now be exceptional
FIX Green thorn timer issue fixed and should now work as intended or close to intended
FIX Powder of temperament now works on items crafted with tinkering, for example pickaxe, skinning knife.. (until now just on items that can be crafted with blacksmithy)
CHANGE BODs now require 10 skill to be obtained this also affects the context menus, also reworked all BOD vendors code to be more practical
FIX Skill achievements get re-checked and if necessary triggered on every login.
FIX Seeker of doom treasures achievement now needs opening of actual 100 doom boxes (was misconfigured, and achievement was obtained after opening just one).
FIX Weapons with reduced-ammo-consumption bonus in certain case still consumed ammo or were firing at half-rate.

Note on lockpicking gains: when we rebalanced lockpicking about a year ago, a little piece of code didn't get added properly so the skill gain chance was 100% until now. With that update we intended to make skill gain much faster than it was, but still not 100% chance every time. This is now corrected.

May 16th
FIX Hive robe couldn't be crafted as exceptional.
ADDED Stack Of Titan Hammers addon, Empty Vat Addon
FIX Sealant, Powder, Stain Should now affect items of the correct material Type
FIX All bods should now distinguish between a tambourine and a tambourine with tassel
FIX Lockable containers crafted after this update should no longer get bugged in a locked state
UPDATED Begging on a mount(by default you fail) now results in the appropriate message so you know why its not working
ADDED practice lock that can be obtained from dungeon chests and treasure chests
FIX Buffs issue with resistance buffs from different spells not adding up.
ADDED Empty vat Addon
FIX changed spelling from Fuschia to Fuchsia
FIX Issue with for-delivery containers and certain actions (e.g. withdrawing cloth from exex, and cutting it into bandages resulted in loss of both cloth and bandages)
UPGRADE Unitub doesn't allow dying of an item to the same color (which would result in wasting a tub) and when dying an ethereal mount to hue zero, gives a notification that doing that wouldn't make the ethereal mount opaque.
FIX Wax crafting menu - fruit bowl now displayed properly.
CHANGE Ethereal mounts now show that they are blessed.

May 25th
ADDED Runic tools can now be split and merged, single-click to access the contextmenu.
ADDED Treasure Map Book - "Big Book of Adventurous Treasure Hunting and Deep Sea Relic Reclamation" - can be crafted with inscription
ADDED Auto-Aligning Sextant, can be crafted with tinkering
UPGRADE All footprint effects are now blessed
UPGRADE bottles now weigh 0.2 stones each, also potion kegs updated. This ensures weight consistency when filling or emptying potion kegs.
UPGRADE Tool house can now accept wax crafting tools, colored scissors, Corkscrews and sturdy pen tips
UPGRADE Champions can now reward Tracking power scrolls
UPGRADE Tracking skill can now be raised to 120 (if you used the powerscroll). This skill is used in crafting of the Treasure Map Book. The skill can now be raised only by tracking unique monsters - once a mob has been successfully tracked, using the tracking skill on that same mob will not raise the skill.
UPGRADE Taste ID, Camping, Snooping and Forensic Evaluation can now be increased beyond 100 Skill (if you used the powerscroll), but such levels of skills not give any benefit yet.
UPGRADE Pet magery can now go up to 130 (if the appropriate power scrolls were used)
CHANGE Treasure maps - reduced drop chance for collectible figurines since they've gotten rather common.
FIX Trasher's Scale can no longer be added to Keys (safety feature)
FIX Momentum Strike no longer goes through walls
FIX Hive boots crafting issue and possible other shoe craft issues
FIX Weapon Type Change deed properly transfers Binding, ammo consumption reduction, and other similar attributes.
FIX Feeding bucket now feeds pets even if they're fighting a personal trainer next to it. Fixed issue with random "stops feeding" message.
FIX Melisandes Wine name will now show up correctly

May 29th
FIX Fixes to the treasuremap book
FIX Shoe/boot crafting
FIX Fishing poles can now be repaired with the carpentry repair deed.
FIX Practice locks now retain uses over server restarts.
(And some more fixes later in the evening..)
FIX One rather nasty exploit.
FIX Having a negative-weight character will no longer show in a glitched fashion on the status, but will just display "0".
FIX Birithday cakes/pies now have a "Player-Named Item" property affixed at the bottom.
FIX Issue with Bulletin boards sometimes not working if placed at the seams of two merged houses.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Re: Changelogs - Spring 2018

Post by culichi »

sand also goes into keys (spell caster) in its unrefined state
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alamiester »

maybe there could be something like polished granite for a refined state, needed for making certain furniture? but alas thats not why im posting here, lol. +C do you know which crafting windows will be changed next? im just wondering so i dont waste time on some crafting scripts im doin in uosteam. cause your basically changing the menus to do what im doing in uosteam scripting, lol :D
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alamiester »

to expand on that granite a bit more, maybe craftable walls (like the reward walls) and doors and such that can be crafted with granite to be placed in houses that arent customizable. :nod:
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

Carpentry is slated for the next update, then fletching.
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alamiester »

oooh, thank you +R. i kinda thought it would be carpentry with the wood key changes and the axe changes. but i threw out my first parts of the boyer uosteam bod filler anyways. i havnt started on the carpentry ones, but i will continue with the blacksmithy scripts then. thanks again. :D
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

is there an eta on the carpentry update?
+Requiem
Legendary Scribe

Post by +Requiem »

not yet.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

I have collected 39 carpentry 120 and 27 lumber jacking 120 scrolls. I am ready for the update to change the rewards around and make the powerscrolls more scarce.
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

UPGRADE Safe trash chests (in public places) and trash barrels in houses now have safety against accidental trashing of valuable items (blessed, levelable, etc)

Ive twice deleted my mistvale gear by trashing a container in trash barrel and had to pay a recovery fee :oops: .
it was a dumb mistake and I paid for it but making all trash barrels safe is really inconvenient for trashing pets left over from breeding or trashing containers full of junk when cleaning out my overstuffed houses. making things harder for everyone to protect a few dummies is a bad idea in my opinion and ive already admitted to being one of those dummies I hope no one takes offense.

maybe a special no safety container could be purchased with token?
Animol
Elder Scribe

Post by Animol »

You can no longer put logs into keys, have to make boards first. Is that a bug or a deliberate change? There's nothing about it in patchnotes.
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Post by culichi »

that is intended animol its in one of the older changelogs
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Bump for today's restart and updated changelog. Note the fix to the lockpicking.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
brhanson2
Elder Scribe

Post by brhanson2 »

I have noticed that after every restart all keys reset back to a 100 withdraw amount.

Not a biggie, just thought I would pass along.
Carzikan (formerly known as Tostig on Great Lakes)
brhanson2
Elder Scribe

Post by brhanson2 »

Since Grade A logs now go on keys are there any plans to add them to [exex?

Inquiring minds want to know :)
Carzikan (formerly known as Tostig on Great Lakes)