Changelogs - Winter 2018

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
+Colibri
Administrator

Re: Changelogs - Winter 2018

Post by +Colibri »

The veteran points issue that was mentioned in this topic - is now fixed.

This bug affected only accounts that were created before Feb 1st 2016. For some reason, accounts created in January (any year) were more likely to be affected. I found 27 accounts that had obviously too few spending points based on age, but there's probably many more accounts for which it's hard to tell, so I ran a script that did the following:

Go through all accounts created before Feb 1st 2016,
Calculate how many points the account would get if they had logged on every month since account creation, but only until the last login date. If the last login date is before Feb'17 (date of the veteran system overhaul), take Feb 1st 2017 as the last login date.

If we take two accounts as example:
- Account A, created April 13th 2015 - logged in a few days ago - should now have 36 earned spending points.
- Account B, created April 13th 2015 - last login October 13th 2017 - should now have 30 earned spending points.

Keep in mind, this is about Earned spending points - you get 1 point per month, if you actively login every month. As you buy a reward in the veteran rewards menu, it counts it as a Spent point, the difference between the two is shown as "Veteran points remaining" in the [achievements -> Veteran rewards menu.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Honus
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Honus »

I just checked mine is still at -3. I logged out and back in but still no change.
Hereck
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

Thanks Hereck, I forgot one last important part of the update - write data back on the account (not just output it to an info file) Hehe. :mrgreen:

Ok fixed "again" :)
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
Honus
Journeyman Scribe

Post by Honus »

Bingo, Thanks!