Changelogs - Winter 2018

Keep track of this topic. All announcements and short-term rules will be written here.
Honus
Journeyman Scribe

Re: Changelogs - Winter 2018

Post by Honus »

Any possibility in getting the negative veteran spending points issue fixed soon? Ticket unhandled for a couple of months now.

I LOVE the NEW additions but as a vet it's a bummer that the existing system is bugged for some people. Not much of a reward at the moment for those effected.
culichi
Legendary Scribe

Re: World Teleporter Change feedback

Post by culichi »

Athena Tenebris wrote:Hello,

I am not sure why the change to the world teleport was necessary. The animation effect is kind of nice; but the changes to the names is not a good one in my opinion.

Seeing the places to Teleport to were much easier before the change. The one especially noticeable one is Malas - for Magda. That yellow font all blends together and you can barely make out the words to where you are going. I am sure it is probably even worse for someone not with great eyesight.
as someone with not great eyesight I have to say the yellow magda labels are almost a blurry blob to me. tokumo pink labels are legible but I can see them being a problem eventually.
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

+Colibri wrote: UPGRADE World teleporter - easier-to-notice teleporters on the ground, better menu and handling, improved teleport animation effect
I like most of today's changes but I think parts of this one ill conceived.

One key problem: any rune marked next to a world teleporter is now invalid. The new platform obstructs the landing.

Another key problem: the contrast on the tokuno and some of the malas labels is poor. They're not quite invisible. Not quite.

I also don't like that the change breaks my scripts so they can't navigate to the teleport.

The new animation is cool. I also like that the teleport defaults to the same set as the one you entered instead of always defaulting to Trammel.

Regards,
Wil
Golden Temptress
Elysium Beta Tester

Post by Golden Temptress »

I really love that you can recall into a house now, I am currently setting all my plant museum plots to allow people to do that so they can come research,

Only question is exex, does that mean we won't be allowed to store things like Blight, Corruption and Bola Balls? they can be sold and traded but not on exex so just wanting to clarify if this is ok?
Opopanax
Legendary Scribe

Post by Opopanax »

Golden Temptress wrote: Only question is exex, does that mean we won't be allowed to store things like Blight, Corruption and Bola Balls? they can be sold and traded but not on exex so just wanting to clarify if this is ok?
I had no idea that you could store these things in exex, i just have stacks of the peerless crafting mats sitting in my house.

I do really like the new teleporters though and the animations!

Regarding the text, I know some people are having issues with colour and the contrast (and I don't know how easy this would be), but if you can add a black outline to the text it won't matter what colour the actual text is, the contrast will be enough to read any colour text on any light background.
In game name: Abarai
Pek
Elder Scribe

Post by Pek »

My two cents.
The new teleporter platforms and blue animation is kinda cool but I'm not the biggest fan of the location text. Much prefer the older style text.

Personally, I like the original moongates for world teleporters as a compromise between the red shields and the newer platforms.

Thanks for the updates though.
Ecthelion - Drizzt - Gandalf Greyhame
brhanson2
Elder Scribe

Post by brhanson2 »

Noticed a bug with the new cleric spellbook I bought from the Trinsic healer.

Scrolls cannot be split. I have 2 Touch of Life, Smite, Sacrafice. Cannot split them and when I drop on book they will not scribe. Also the scroll Trial by Fire will not scribe.
Carzikan (formerly known as Tostig on Great Lakes)
+Colibri
Administrator

Post by +Colibri »

The server has just been restarted with most of the reported bugs fixed. +Arden will be with you again tomorrow to check if all the fixes are functining ok, and to adjust & fix anything that got left behind.
+Colibri, Administrator of UO Excelsior Shard

Don't know what the purpose of your life is? Well then make something up! ;)
(Old Colibrian proverb)
erised_faylen
Master Scribe

Post by erised_faylen »

brhanson2 wrote:Noticed a bug with the new cleric spellbook I bought from the Trinsic healer.

Scrolls cannot be split. I have 2 Touch of Life, Smite, Sacrafice. Cannot split them and when I drop on book they will not scribe. Also the scroll Trial by Fire will not scribe.
single click the scroll and select the book to add works
Alamiester
Legendary Scribe

Post by Alamiester »

erised_faylen wrote:
brhanson2 wrote:Noticed a bug with the new cleric spellbook I bought from the Trinsic healer.

single click the scroll and select the book to add works
this was all fixed with the latest restart, the scrolls are different color now and can be seperated. on a side note i thing thats a glitch in the buying menus, when i try and buy one item it works for the first five or so then everything after it selects 2. and if you dont look at the list and make sure there is only one, you end up buying two of everything else, lol
lestatzero
Legendary Scribe

Post by lestatzero »

I can confirm that bug as well. If you hit clear button and then go and try to select them again it defaults to 5 then and you can't bring it back to 1 . you have to start all over
lestatzero
Legendary Scribe

Post by lestatzero »

Easy and quick fix to the scripts is to have them automatically select tram as the header first when running the script so it will always have that page as a starting point to work from. And make that a sub. Then just make that the first sub you call in order to navigate.

Wil wrote:
+Colibri wrote: UPGRADE World teleporter - easier-to-notice teleporters on the ground, better menu and handling, improved teleport animation effect
I like most of today's changes but I think parts of this one ill conceived.

One key problem: any rune marked next to a world teleporter is now invalid. The new platform obstructs the landing.

Another key problem: the contrast on the tokuno and some of the malas labels is poor. They're not quite invisible. Not quite.

I also don't like that the change breaks my scripts so they can't navigate to the teleport.

The new animation is cool. I also like that the teleport defaults to the same set as the one you entered instead of always defaulting to Trammel.

Regards,
Wil
Stephen
Master Scribe

Post by Stephen »

lestatzero wrote:Easy and quick fix to the scripts is to have them automatically select tram as the header first when running the script so it will always have that page as a starting point to work from. And make that a sub. Then just make that the first sub you call in order to navigate.

Its a lot easier way to fix since the button ids on the facet selections never change. What did change was gump ids and gump buttons as a whole which is what he was referring to. easy fix either way. update your gump ids and gump buttons to be proper and its fine.
Angel
Grandmaster Scribe

Post by Angel »

Can we still store money on exex?
Wil
Legendary Scribe

Post by Wil »

lestatzero wrote:Easy and quick fix to the scripts is to have them automatically select tram as the header first when running the script so it will always have that page as a starting point to work from. And make that a sub. Then just make that the first sub you call in order to navigate.
My script doesn't have any problem with that part. It's finding the teleporter and moving to it. It searches for the red chaos shield and navigates the character there.